Comedown - Coming Down off of Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by ramjet, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I don't really come down on shrooms. In fact, I get the opposite effect.After the trip finishes (which is usually pretty abrupt/immediate)I feel like I have finished an incredible journey and someone has pressed re-set on my mind or formatted my brain, taking outall the emotional baggage that I had built up prior to the trip and making me feel like a completely diffrerent person. I get a happy after glow, which is helped tremendously by smoking weed.Does anyone else get this?

2. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM sort of has experienced the same thing. His trips on 'shrooms
    always seem extremely chaotic, even if he doesn't go anywhere or do
    anything tiring. When he is coming back to the real world, he feels
    much more relaxed than he has been for a long time. This is the point
    at which he likes to think about his life and how he can better it.
    This kind of constructive thinking makes him feel happy. He can
    definitely relate to what you said about taking out the emotional
    baggage built up prior to the trip. I don't like to smoke while
    coming down on 'shrooms, it seems to just clutter his thoughts.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I don't usually get a comedown off shrooms either. My senses get back to normal pretty quickly and I feel refreshed and revitalised. It's very different to LSD is that the after-effects don't linger for hours. Much more convenient in a sense.

4. TLG05

TLG05 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You actually don't come back to 'normal' for about 24 hours after a mushroom trip, which is about as long as it takes to internalise the experience.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    That's what they say, but I feel normal about five hours after eating the shrooms. LSD on the other hand, lingers for up to twelve hours after dropping which can be annoying if you can't sleep it off.

6. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm glad it's not just me then. My friendhad a really great trip once, butstarted feeling really depressed when the trip wore off. I thinkhe just wanted it to last much longer and was gutted that he wasn't tripping any more.

I always make sure I'm well stocked up on fruit juice and vitamines before and after the experience, maybe that helps.

Though I don't really come down, I do have problems sleeping unless I've got weed to hand. Weed also brings back some of the euphoria for me and a wonderful sense of relaxation and being at peace.Both drugs seem to enhance each other towards the end of the experience. Don't tend to smoke too much during the experience, although I have found it helps me come up sometimes. I can understand why you don't like smoking it at the end thougharmatitumor. I guess everyone responds differently to different drugs.

Having said that, I've started to go off weed recently and as mushrooms are now illegal over here I haven't had any for a while. Maybe the situation would be different now.Edited by: ramjet

7. TLG05

TLG05 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Liam,

*shrugs* I suppose it's different for different people, but I find I'm still processing the trip the next day. I also feel pretty energised for about a week afterwards. It's all good. Edited by: TLG05

8. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Acid come downs sound pretty bad. My friend never came through with those microdots in the end. Said he never wanted to trip again. He goes through phases . . . *shrug*

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I normally have a pretty positive attitude on any sort of comedown except for maybe XTC. Shrooms seem to get out of my system pretty quickly. Once the peak has hit, they're unlikely to be working two hours after that.

With LSD it's different. Within two hours of dropping you should be peaking, and the peak can last several hours, but after that there are some bizarre after-effects where you are beginning to get back to normal but your vision is blurry and distorted (wobbling floors, people look weird etc.). The after effects can last even longer than the peak and some people aren't too pleased with this. I don't mind it much. It's a bit weird but I find coming down off XTC to be a lot worse.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

10. mrpickles88

mrpickles88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    When I come down on shrooms I usually feel very overloaded the next
    morning after a serious trip. Over at least 6 grams of dried to
    make me have a comedown. When it does though, overloaded head
    (mind exhaustion), tiredness, laziness, more inner dialogue (talking to
    myself in my head).

Otherwise I usually feel nothing the next morning.

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    For me when i come down from any mushroom trip i am incredibly at peace with the world, compeltley relaxed and in an awesome mood. I wouldnt even call it a come down its just an appropriate ending to an amazing experience. I love mushrooms they are my favorite drug, ive never had a bad trip and ive always had the best time of my life while tripping! not bad for food poisoning huh?

12. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Comedown

I'm almost always in an extremely good mood for a few days after taking
    shrooms... makes me feel really generous and stuff.

As for coming down off them, I've notice that I tend to be lost in the
    psychedelic experience, then as it starts wearing off will start getting
    little glimpses into the 'real world' every once in awhile. This goes on for
    a while, until I'm completely back to normal. Not as sudden as some
    people have mentioned, but it doesn't drag on forever either. Sometimes
    I'm sad when it's over, sometimes I'm ready. Takes forever before I can
    get to sleep though.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  13. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Shroom comedowns are my most depressing comedowns, Xtc comedowns i don't mid there actually pleasent and acid comedowns are just euphoric and nice. But mushrooms come downs are all regrets and sadness, i also get really horny when coming down, like really horny, but still worth it to me. I also find coming down off acid i sorta half fall alseep and blackout for a cpl minutes at a time, and really trippy ambient music really makes it happen.

14. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    The best moment of the whole trip is the comedown.
    I, personally, feel great at this moment and like it most. It is like a spiritual purifying.

15. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    My last comedown off shrooms was excellent. I hadn't been enjoying the trip as I had slipped into a negative mindset (bored with the world, slightly depressed) but when the shrooms started wearing off I was back to the normal me.

16. joh1200

joh1200 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Personally, my comedown was great, i feet such a connection to everything, as if these things were a part of me in some way. It was pretty cool to end the trip with that feeling, it gave me more to appreciate. yes, the only bad part was comming down.

17. freedom

freedom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    with both shrooms and lsd the afterglow is awesome for me. i always feel so fresh, free and natural, and i just love nature, the world around me. the only negative for me from the comedowns is not being able to sleep, because an overactive mind, too much mental energy and shit happening up there, no matter how tired the body or mind is.
    i actually try to stay away from buds on the comedown, because i feel so content with everything already. but i usually end up smoking some anyway, just cause i love it so much, or just need sleep.

18. PsychedelicNavigator

PsychedelicNavigator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    At times coming down from shrooms is mixed.
    It feels great because I pretty much remember the experience I just had
    and go wow, but on the other hand I miss it and I don't want to come down,
    plus knowing I have to wait a week or more for my next trip is a drag.
    But all in all I love the whole experience

19. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIM personally feels like I have just lost his magically gifted perception when he comes down. SWIM always feel like he wished the trip would go on longer and he would continue to keep his perception. SWIM also notices the next day he is very tired and feels a bit dull but this clears up after the following day. I do feel good and nostalgic though too on the comedown. As has been said previously however NOTHING like MDMA.

20. max17

max17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    During comedown SWIM tends to be extremely calm and relaxed. Swim thinks about his future and analyzes his present and past. Next day I feel great and goes on with his life.