1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Coming down tips

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by METHod Seven, Feb 21, 2007.

1. METHod Seven

METHod Seven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would like some coming down tips if anyone will oblige. I found that some previously helpful resources have since been taken down.

2. DiggerDan

DiggerDan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Diazepam 10mg. 20 minutes later eating a meal with simple carbs, complex carbs and protein. Followed by a shower, then laying down to watch some mindless entertainment.

Swim pops a val and 20 minutes later has some orange juice, hash browns and scrambled eggs. Then a luke warm shower followed by some Family Guys reruns.

3. Rachelbuns

Rachelbuns Newbie

Reputation Points:
    xanax is a pretty lovely tool. eat some 20 min before planned come down: depending on tolerance and body mass take 1-2 1 mg pills.

Also nice- drink some tea and do some calm breathing excercises.

4. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    How about maintaining once say I am past that point. After a couple of weeks, I am still snapping at anyone around her and fiending like crazy. It isn't getting better. :( Benzos help swim at night, but during the day......

5. naughtypinkKitty

naughtypinkKitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    swim just wants to stop the "mind wobbles" that feel like swim's brain goes through an isolated seziure every few minutes. That's how swim knows it is time to get high or sleep for a week.
    any suggestions on how to stop those and still hold down a job while cleaning up swim's life up?

6. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I have found taking the antidepressant Effexor (velafaxine) made her meth comedown a lot more bearable, especially in relation to cravings.

Benzos are very effective for anxiety and supplements such as Taurine help too, but to a lesser degree. Eat well, drink plenty of water, take vitamins and sleep.

7. naughtypinkKitty

naughtypinkKitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    thanks. I will keep that in mind cause I will be needing it very soon-the end is near :)

8. cyndi

Reputation Points:
    OH yes the wobbles, lol, that is pretty much what kept swim using daily so she could function. Hard to describe to a nonmeth person, like one gets up and would just collapse back on the bed cause the room is spinning and this is without benzos. Oh goodness what helps that is unless You is a binger and probably is I am guessing, not to do that much, thus the wobbles aren't as bad.

Eh, can't take effexor, had really bad effects for swim. SSRIs in general really and has doctors constantly pushing them on her. It may help You though, some can handle them fine.

End as in kicking or end as in oh darn no more meth? There is always a dealer somewhere ready for swimmers if it is heavy in swiys area.

9. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    Swim just doesn't bother with methamphetamines,he has discovered from cocaine usage that any sort of downer, even legal ones like benadryl help.Combine this with a warm shower and comforting,snuggly thoughts and the aid of something to cuddle with like a teddy bear and you will be coming down in no time.Swim also discovered that chamomile tea is also helpful.

10. naughtypinkKitty

naughtypinkKitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    There sure are more than enough dealers willing to hook people up because there are always addicts looking. SWIM ment the end of SWIM's use of meth because there has to be an end of this pretend life SWIm has been experiencing and begin (again) to live SWIM's real life and be productive. At this rate I am going to wind up homeless pushing a shopping cart in no time if I am not careful.

:confused:

Does anyone else feel like there is a connection between mental illness/depression and addictions? Are most daily addicts only self medicating an existing problem? If so, how would someone go about ending that cycle?

thanks, maybe I should start a seperate discussion for that question (sorry about that)

11. cyndi

Reputation Points:
    Ok Gotcha, yes a new thread probably would be more appropriate in the recovery section. The way a I could read into this is well is she wanting to ease the coming down part or kick. You wishes to kick, good deal. You is correct, You will hit the wall someday if already hasn't. No more pleasure just maintance then downright nuts. That is what will happen. Yes swim knows many tweaks that end up on the streets, that is reality. Most tweaks swim knows, and it is a bunch, started using for various reasons. Most have abuse in the past and want to not remember or feel some type of happiness. Really unless some elaboration is given which may be too personal, swim can't tell swiy. Unless one has been really into meth not a dabbler, one can't relate. Read some of my recovery posts, that is how bad it can get. Swim herself is trying to understand this madness and how to get out of the cycle again and is not finding satisfactory answers. She knows it will be hard but is possible. Go to the recovery section little grasshopper.

12. Octo42o

Octo42o Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Xanax, Valium or Seraqual all good things after speeding

13. juwannaman

juwannaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have said that if you have access to prescription downers like xanax, that would probably be your best bet. If not, Swim recommends stopping usage about 6 hours PRIOR to the time you want to be asleep by. I have drank pints of alcohol to come down hard....but I have also done that, and ended up not passing out!!! Though people scoff at Swim's reckless behavior, it has helped him to bypass the "coming down" phase completely. I was flying high, then leveled out...then downed a pint or two and fell asleep within 30 minutes. Not recommended though, unless it is really necessary, or you might start doing that regularly. I believe Swim used to take Provigal (modafinil) during the days after to fight cravings and lethargy/narcolepsy, and it worked great for him.

14. IcePrincess

IcePrincess Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Smoke a bowl, drink some tea, and watch some good movies or cartoons (family guy and simpsons are SWIM's favorite) until you fall asleep.

15. methMADMAN

methMADMAN Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Don't go up and now worries about coming down.....

16. dogzz

dogzz R.I.P. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Drinking buttloads of good clean pure water , stay away from soft drinks, and many fruit juices with a lot of sugar. The sugar causes a rise then sudden drop of blood sugar causing a really draggin ass feeling. A good healthy diet, with multi vitamins helps also. And it may seem like the last thing one would want to do, but getting some type of execise at least 4 or 5 days a week if not every day helps a bunch too. Even if it is only a leisurely slow 30 minute walk......If You has used meth for a long time, there is most likely a change in swiy's brain chemistry. Some type of anti-depressant would help. SSRI type meds help restore brain chemisrty if it is at all possible. (depends on swiy's meth usage) You should be able to get a general family practice doc to prescribe em, or a psych who specializes in substance abuse if You has good medical insurance, or some extra cash.....or many counties offer help. Its up to You to find what's available. If You is wanting to completely quit....it can be done....aint easy. but can be done.

17. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    Have sex or masterbate till its over.

Thats the one thing swim can count on.

18. 420inchrims

420inchrims Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think that a minor stimulant like caffiene might help you there. just a thought.

19. fireflywa

fireflywa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

That's such a ridiculously horrible idea.

Yes, let's take a stimulant to ease the ANXIETY from stimulant withdrawals!

keywords here....stimulant....anxiety....

what do stimulants cause?

and you honestly want him to take something that CAUSES the problem he's taking it for??

....*sigh*....

Be careful what you post. Desperate people will take any advice no matter how stupid it may be.

:thumbsdown:

20. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't try to come down and sleep before the high is over. Wait until you feel tired, spaced, hungry- wait until you yawn.

Sometimes comedowns have scary visuals and audios- especially under the night sky. Not a good time to drive, not a good time to stare out into the trees or bushes. If you see something weird, quit looking- walk away, get into a well-lit, secure area, do not attempt to locate, shoot, throw rocks at, etc, what you see. If you're seeing shit, trouble's already found your ass, you don't need to go looking for anymore. It is just a combination of tired eyes, sleep deprivation, and the drug itself.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007