Effects - Compare and contrast common salvia divinorum trip themes...

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by root_train, Mar 18, 2007.

1. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just want to see everyones most common 'themes' for tripping on Salvia-

If this thread has been done a billion times someone deleat it...

This is how the game works. First state your most common Salvia themes, feelings, etc... Then find someone with similar themes and ask about there exp...

Themes- Being Built, Giants, Deja Vu, color Yellow, Organicy, being planted, stripped down, pixels, carts...

So yeah the most common theme for I am everything gets depth and becomes pixels, the ground gets depth and becomes pixels and starts moving and carrying swim around on the pixels, while moving he tries to look inbetween the pixels into nothing, and tries to feel inbetween them. Its like the carpet in his room becomes tall, and like little block towers that come in waves carrying him, and swim tries to look inbetween them etc... Sometimes the pixels look at him etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  2. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Re: Compare and contrast common trip themes...

I have not been with the lady in a while(talking about salvia here) but a common theme of his too is the much talked about carnival ride or being at a carnival or being a carnival. Swim first expressed this to his psychonaut adviser(just a buddy who is WAY more experienced) as being a merrygoround that was alternating colors, he said he saw it as a ferris wheel. Of course the very next meeting with the miss's she showed him this ferris wheel(power of suggestion or her own doing is up for debate). Swim usually gets this feeling sometime durring the trip.
    This one might be swim alone but....
    I always gets a thought or feeling when he is laying down that if he could just sit up, thats it, just sit up he could physically BE in another dimension. At this point he is usually to blown out to sit up which makes it frustrating but cool at the same time. Swim can see the dimension and feels he has access to the dimension but can not walk through the door so to speak. He gets these feelings right after a breakthrough or durring a mild trip.

3. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Great thread =)

I am always slightly edgy before his cone, not scared, just very prepared for anything that sally can throw.

Themes: Circus. Now, someone else mentioned this to me as well, its hard to expllain (as always) but the whole world kind of takes on a feel, and coulors look brighter and clearer. There is some thing very circusy about the whole tone. My big full on world blown away actually had a ring leader in a top hat. I have found recently hes in a garden of sorts, I think there is a house, like I can feel its there but so far I haven't seen it. Deja Vu is always common. Feeling as if I was a child is something that has happened more than once as well.

swim always giggles =D

4. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I have never really felt the or experienced anything to do with a circus... It makes him sad... Would You describe the circus as happy? SWIM are never really happy, or sad, or anything- They just have that really distinct Salvia feel- As well it just feels afterwords like swim actually did visit another place thats very much real...

Why is a circus a common theme? I find stuff like this facinating on how people can trip the overall same themes... Swim get a little edgy when he smokes salvia, but usually he will smoke a bit and barely go into Salvia world, then realise there is nothing to be afraid of so he then smoke larger amounts with no fear just eagerness... I think with Salvia and the deja vu, that there are some 'things' feelings, etc that can only be unlocked on Salvia- And once you come down your mind is locked back up to an extent... i think that it is left a little more open each time... For example when I go to sleep a week or so after Salvia he will trip before I fall asleep...

5. sirblood

sirblood Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o

everything feels like a giant time loop the few times I smoked salvia. he would see his surroundings and whatever he focused on in loops or fractoral waves. (I would see the television and the picture from his eye would appear as fractoral stills eminating from the center of vision or interest, this also was auditory especially if a sound was unnerving.) Most of the things I saw or heard happened in loops, and he couldn't help but let his mind wander that they would never stop, this put swim in a slight panic which he has learned to control now.

6. Nepenthe

Nepenthe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from U.S.A.

I have only tried it twice. The first time SWIM guesses he could say it felt like being a child... here's what SWIM wrote about that part of the first experience on another site:

The next thing I know is I feel like I’m swaying back and forth from side to side, gently, in an arc, kind of like a pendulum. And every time I sway to the left, I get this strong feeling of: a dock, seagulls, a slightly cloudy, mildly chilly day, my family and my relatives, a vacation, no school or work, a boat, the ocean. But it’s kind of like a painting of all those images and feelings. And it’s comforting, not scary at all. The feeling/painting gets fainter when I sway to the right, and then builds up again as I go back to the left.

That wasn't the only sensation I felt that time but that was the part similar to being a child (sticking to the theme of the thread).

The second time SWIM guesses had somewhat of a circusy theme. I remember feeling like he was part of a large wheel, maybe 12 feet tall, rolling somewhat slowly over a bright green flat Lego "grass" plate, with some kind of laughing guy or SWIM guesses "clown" for lack of a better term participating and forcing the wheel to turn; it was like a Lego backyard with a big yellow and red funhouse wheel that I was a part of, and I could feel the Lego parts every time the wheel came around...

I haven't had an unpleasant Salvia experience and probably not a true, alternate reality breakthrough yet...

7. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

I know what You means by lego, swim gets everything in 265 colours. Yellow things are yellow. no shades of yellow, just yellow. as if my monitor was stuck in 256k.

8. Kalmorah

Kalmorah Newbie

Reputation Points:

Beginning:
    SWIM always feels like he is sinking into whatever surface he is on.

Middle:
    Usually SWIM realizes that his body is actually made of a fabric-like material being held together by little beings. He often feels that his time of being held together is at an end, and begins to unravel.

End:
    I remember that he had taken salvia, but is confused about where he is and whether the trip is ending or just getting started.

9. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.

Once after playing with salvinorin, I saw his friend's head multiple times (perhaps eight?) in a sort of ferris wheel shape, the entire rest of the world was completely blurred, and for some reason movement seemed difficult because I decided that there must be eight dimensions.

Sinking, definetly, and a cold, prickly feeling at the beginning.

Another time swim suddenly saw the entire world wrap up around him, as if he were in some sort of sphere.

The concept of other dimensions seems to always comes into swim's salvinorin playtime.

10. root_train

root_train Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ferris wheels seem to be a big theme for people that I have never experianced.

Another creepy theme I have, is that while tripping SWIM can see the Salvia on the nightstand and I feel like the extract is alive inside him. Which I guess it is but it feels like something inside I am recognising itself not through SWIM, but something else.

This is my theory with salvia-

Salvinoring A is just matter, its dormant, there is no activity, no self awareness, it cant do anything. Compare it to a Game on a CD... Now the CD is very complicated, special, it can do so much, but alone it is just a hunk of plastic... Now if you stick it in the computer it suddenly becomes ALIVE! It can do stuff, it is self aware so to speak.

I think Salvinorin A is like the CD, and once we put it in our brains it becomes self aware, I think it knows it has a short life span, and i believe that it suddenly upon entering your brains becomes self aware and very much alive... I have always felt Salvinorin A is just a simple Molocule that once in our brain suddenly becomes aware through our brain, and very much alive... I know it may sound like the ranting of a stoner, but still Salvia has always felt self aware and alive with me...

What do you guys think?

11. bobbydylan

bobbydylan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    I am just getting into the salvia. have smoke it a few times in the last week. 10x. no break tru, but some cool visuals. a common theme was being asked by some "thing" if was swim ready to go? go where.. I don't know, but there was hole or door, swim presumes that it is through this door the thing wants swim to go.

I was lying on the bed and swim's wife could hear shouts of "can i go???" from downstairs.

plus I thought he was child again of about two. could distictly see the fire place of the first house swim lived until he was 2 or 3.

cant wait "to go" but swim reckons some stronger extract is reqire to get through that door.

12. SWIMming

SWIMming Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Theres a couple recurring themes in the 4 or 5 Salvia trips I have taken in the last several months.

The biggest one is an eagle, that SWIM strongly identifies as himself, or a projection of himself, within his trip.

The other major recurring theme is a feeling of trying to break bonds (I believe this is a projection of his distaste with society, and how people are expected to live in the world today - breaking the bonds of modern human society).

A strange thing that happened in one of SWIM's recent trips (not a theme really, only happened once, but its going to be mentioned anyway :D ) was identifiying himself in his trip as the Antichrist. Heavy huh? Swim tells me he isn't even religious, and especially not in a Judeo-Christian (or Judeo-Christian antithesis) sorta way.

Sorry about the Rambling, I am chemically awake and alert, and its 6:15 am. SWIM can get a bit crazy sometimes.

13. Ontherooftops

Ontherooftops Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Boats

Blue nuns

14. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The color blue. Geometric shapes. And some weird patterns and scenarios as if I am in some room of very geometric architecture.

This has happened in almost all of SWIM's trips. Hopefully it will stop when SWIM reaches a level 4 experience.

15. keats

keats Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's most common trip theme was feeling like various limbs/body parts were disconnected/chopped off. Didn't hurt, but felt very weird and sometimes scary, bizarre to feel like you're missing your right arm.

16. Nebiro

Nebiro Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    1st trip: Laughin out loud, no hallucinations. Feels like my smile is giant and like someone is in posession of my body and making it laugh.

2d trip: Amnesia. The world becomes flat yellow, I'm not in this world anymore. I'm a plasticine guy (search Gumby on google).

There's two or three other plasticine guys of different colors. I am a part of a happy (and hellish...) train. I'm a part of it, as if I had no choice but to follow it. It seems like everything is a big colorful absurd party of freak clowns. I'm sitting against a wall, wich becomes the limit of the real world and the fucked up world. I try to get out of the wall (which as turned from grey to a funny yellow). My two sitters looks evils. They smile like freaks.

I get out of the trip.

3d trip: Amnesia. Still feel like I'm part of something, can't remember what. I think I was a particle of a human body. Feels like I already felt that, déja vu. Sitters still smiling like fucking demons. There is "lines" pointing toward a certain direction.

4th trip: Still this déja vu feeling. Feeling like I'm a part of something, but it's not really clear what it may be. I "see" other people looking at me, but I know they aren't there.

5th trip: There is "lines" pointing in a direction.

That's pretty much about it.... I hate this feeling of being trapped in a fucked up multicolor train...But I still have to try to go further than that.

17. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Nebiru's amnesia/deja vu characterization sounds closer to what SWIM usually gets on Salvia breakthroughs than all the carnival sounding ones... other common themes for I would include:

Dissolving (SWIM's consciousness, ego and/or sense of self dissolves into the room, he gets the the sense that the entire room is "him" or that he is floating somewhere in the room, but can't tell where... sometimes it seems like I am watching his body from a distance and half-recognizing it, other times he feels "in himself" but melded with or dissolved into his surroundings)

Jagged Angles (Visuals where the world seems to be bending across jagged-angled patterns into seemingly impossible shapes, sometimes violently so. At extremes, it may seem like the world is ripping, revealing "void areas", then pulling itself back together)

Swirling Sensations (I get the sensation that the world is swirling around him in circles; whatever is right in front of him appears semi-stable but in his peripheral vision everything breaks up, becomes fluid, and forcefully spins around him in circles)

SWIM's best friend gets pixelization on salvia almost every time, but SWIM never gets it. This is a strange substance that seems to do different things for different people.

18. schwing

schwing Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was curious and asked my neighbor's cat's pet bunny and this is what he told me (this is from ~8 times of him not breaking through properly and 3 times of what he considers to be good trips):

Gravity pulling effect - It feels like he's being pulled sideways by a gravity field or something and the 'pull' suddenly (and constantly) changes directions. This happens mostly when he fails to break through; unpleasant and rather annoying.

Softness - things feel 'softer'. Hard to describe I guess, but he says that things he sees/feels (e.g. looking at an object or stepping on the floor) feels like they're being partially filtered out. Kinda like he's not getting sensory input directly into his brain but rather through something so that the signal's a bit muffled...

Presences/whispers - This happens near the beginning of the trip. He can feel passive presences of ethereal beings around him. They can be silent but often they whisper things to each other.

Time gap/feeling of forever - This is probably the most common theme but I'll include it anyway. It doesn't exactly feel like time's slowing down, but rather that time has stopped (leaving the bunny to wonder if it's possible to actually do anything). Moments later, after the bunny has moved a bit, he suddenly realizes that time has stopped again. Forcing himself to do something is possibly but really, really annoying. Once he had to get himself to change the music which he felt was distracting and after the trip he was actually angry that he was disturbed in the middle of his experience.

Change of location - The bunny doesn't feel that he's in his room anymore, but somewhere else (wherever that may be--another planet and grass field so far)

But the bunny's never seen any sort of geometric patterns, ever. Maybe he's not breaking through as much as he thinks he is? But then the only time he tried a high-ish dose (300mg of 10x) scared the hell out of him so he's not likely to try anything higher. He's also never had the laughing fit commonly described by others.

19. R)ace

R)ace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is rather disturbing to see the similarities to my own SD experiences. As outlined in the opening statement I have had similar themes:
    1. Construction: I saw a wall of yellow legos being built by a small fleet of cranes. I can only see yellow peripherally, so this was very odd. That then turned into a window with lush vines surrounding it. Through the window was a street, of suburban houses, lit by gaslamps.
    2. There does seem to be a female spirit that is associated with the experience.
    3. I had an experience where I felt like I was on a catapult. A large purple squarish rod attached itself to the sky, and I felt myself pivoting on it like on a wheel, or as I interpreted it a catapult.
    Three months later I won first place in an engineering challenge by constructing a trebuche'.

I saw stated on another forum that people who have used SD have experiences deja Vu.

The question is: Has anyone ever had a very vivid moment of "it happening again/ about to happen" after experimenting with Salvia Divinorum?

I don't really believe in all this mystic BS, so my conclusion for this is that SD has caused some type of neural damage that is causing my to experience these strange occurances as outlined below:

A lot of the time, I have deja vu's. I will be somewhere and sometimes I know what will happen in the following minute (what someone will say, or what I will be thinking of, etc...)
    Perhaps this is due to a feedback loop in my own memory, similar to a short circuit, but I feel that there is much more to it than that, as very rarely I know exactly what is about to happen.

20. Rhin

Rhin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I experience something different every time he does salvia the first few times it was just his friends head repeating over and over but after those few times everything started getting different. He has realized whatever he is staring at will change his hole world into something incredible. SWIM looks at something different whenever going into a trip and makes sure he isn't looking at someone.

He has seen a sticker of a road runner running everywhere, a leaf on a tree talking to him while looking down a never ending road, hundreds of little lips all over the ground.

His scariest and biggest dose he took a huge bong toke and held it until he almost passed out then he let it out. His friend said I asked him if he was there to kill me, and all I remember is that he was in a town of small people, knew everything about these people and they all started dieing but he didn't know how they died and he didn't remember anything about these people. He remembers tasting death when he got out of the trip.