Comparing Rolling Techniques

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by afroh, Jan 20, 2005.

1. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hi All,

I've been smoking weed for about6 1/2years and even though you end up using alot more weed to make a joint than you would a bowl or a pipe I love joints too much to give them up. If you are a smoker yourself and have a solid rolling technique please post.

My own technique is as follows (for rolling a skunk joint)

I start by setting up my skins (green zig-zag regular) in a set of three and putting two side by side but overlapping the quater circle groove to make one long skin and then with the remaining skin lick the gum and place it on the reverse of the large skin in the middle just below the large skin gum line that is showing through.

Next turn the joint shell over and fold the overlap at the botton so that it is almost streamline and holds its self together.Now (I like to use a cigarette rather than rolling tobacco) roll the skin around the cigarette to get the shape of the joint and then roll the end of the cigarette in between your fingersto let out a tiny amount of tobacco at a time and evenly spead about 1/3 of the cigarette into the joint(pt1). Then evenly spread some grinded or crumbled skunk into the joint and then repeat pt1. (a skunk & tobacco sandwich)

When this is done place your hands so that your thumb is above your fingers and then touch your first fingers with your thumb's. if you open the gap a little this is where the joint goes, then push the thumb up and the fingers down to roll the joint. lick the gum and seal the joint. Then insert a roach in the right end and twist theleft end with a fan twist(looks like a fan) - ready to smoke

And that is my technique. *AfroH*

2. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    lol i find it far too much hassle to use regular skins, i used to every now and then but it was too difficult [​IMG]

i do it similar to you, but i use either king rizla or some longer ones i get off the net. and i crumble in the weed first, roll it into shape, then add the tobacco. and yeah i use fags too. menthol ones cos im a wuss [​IMG]

i use the pokey thing out a clipper too to poke the ends down, and add any weed that fell out while im rolling. im not the best at rolling, takes me about ten minutes, but they usually come out ok these days. when i first started they were less rolled and more 'folded' and they tasted vile! haha

3. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    My joints look like sardines, small at the ends and fat in the middle.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Haha, I will never understand why you europeans use baccy with your bud... I'm sure it adds a rush but that would make me puke.

5. geordie

geordie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ivw stopped using tobbaco but id still rather smoke a blunt that a bong or pipe. i smoked tobbaco for about 2 1/2 years so i just like the idea of smoking from between your fingers. also, i put the roach in at the same time as the weed and skin it up with it in place.

6. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I use tobacco every time i roll because i primarely smoke hash. I don't smoke tobacco thoguh, it's disgusting.

My joints look like baseball bats :)

7. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    (sands of time)Haha, I will never understand why you europeans use baccy with your bud... I'm sure it adds a rush but that would make me puke.

im a full time smoker & love cigarettes, and to make a total weed joint everytimewould costme afortune [​IMG]

*AfroH*

8. joetaco

joetaco Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's not that complicated really... I just put the weed in the paper, roll it up, lick the glue, twist the ends, and bill it. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll tear off a piece of the paper packaging and make a filter.

9. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Yea I know what ya mean. When I smoked I would smoke out of a bowl because it saved money. I smoked cigarettes too but I could never roll a joint with baccy and inhale that, I would be down a lung in no time!

10. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    sands of time wrote:

Yea I know what ya mean. When I smoked I would smoke out of a bowl because it saved money. I smoked cigarettes too but I could never roll a joint with baccy and inhale that, I would be down a lung in no time!

---------

lol, two of my cousins came over to the UK from NSW in Austrailia last yearand they smoke baccy (30%) & weed (70%)bowl's - at first it blew me away and then within a few weeks I couldn't go a few hours without one.

11. Thorkelson

Thorkelson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you put backy in to make sure it smokes nicely, the smoke is often too harsh without it and also the bud dusnt burn aswell on its own. I skin up by using king size blue slims rizzla and i put a roach in, i normally make the roach with an 's' shape in the middle of it. I then get a shark tooth grinder and put half a gram in it and grind it. then i put just over a third of a cigarrette in with the bud and grind the two together to mix them. Then i empty the contents of the grinder into the rizzla starting at the roach end as the bigger bits fall out of the grinder first and if you have the really dusty bits by the roach it will backfire. I leave about a cm gap at the other end so that when i roll it instead of some falling out of the end it just rolls nicly to the end. Ikeep hold of the roach with my thumb and first finger and use my other hand to roll the spliff around to shape it, I then use my thum to tuck the paper round the roach and run my other thumb along the paper to get it tight around the rest of the spliff then ilick it and rollit. The i hold the spliff and tap it on a surface so that any loose parts are filled by smaller parts falling down and then i poke it using a ciggarette, my theory is that if you cant poke it with a ciggarette then it is too thin to be a decent spliff. I twist the end and tear it off.

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    The problem with smoking hash or weed is that you get addicted to the
    tobacco-- that's why you keep smoking more nad more joints, even if you
    don't smoke cigarettes.

13. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    thorkelson wrote:

The i hold the spliff and tap it on a surface so that any loose parts are filled by smaller parts falling down and then i poke it using a ciggarette, my theory is that if you cant poke it with a ciggarette then it is too thin to be a decent spliff. I twist the end and tear it off.

Nice technique, I usually hold the joint vertically once the roach is inserted and then roll it in the palm of my hands to make the contents more even, and then insert the filter end of the cigarette I have just used to finish up.

*AfroH*

14. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i dont put quite so much tobacco in, so the end of a cigarette is usually a bit too big (unless im making a strong spliff) so i just use the pokey thing out of a clipper

15. The_Great_Sage

The_Great_Sage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have no technique for me its like this

there we are, just me and the paper he knows he will soon become a smoking fat joint that will be in mine and all my friends lungs... and then it begins the paper is folding a rolling in my hands (to get to know it , like the weakness points and strong points and to get the feel for type of paper like stiff or thin or whatever) that takes about one second.then i take the weed pinches at a time and sprinkle it on the paper (which is somtimes creased slightly at the bottom for a better handle) when i think there is enough for a normal joint i......keep putting more then i feel how easy it is to accidentily knock some out and avoid knocking any out. then i begin to roll ..its just me and the incomplete joint ... then i slip into the realm of joints where i use my sword made from weed to slay many buzz killing goblins and then strike down the feared dragon called ulaksad when all is done i take a deep breathe while standing on my oponent and say dam ..........then i wake up from my black out (which last for about 30 secs to a min) and see in my hands the most godly of joints . it looks like something youd see jesus smoking at the last supper.

to be honest that doesnt happen but i cannot explain how i roll a god like joint because i dont know how i do it i just fucking roll.

oh yeah im the guy stingray 313 was talking about on "whats your favorite papers?"

16. buffettfan

buffettfan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Back in the day I would always use a bamboo roller, anyone ever use one? They are great!! I wonder if you can get them anymore. They makenice tight even joints.

17. Stingray_313

Stingray_313 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Rolling machines (as buffettfan mentioned) are really good for rolling,
    but in my personal experiences with them, i have discovered they break
    really easily. And considering my local head shop charges like 15$ for
    one, i say fuck that. Id rather buy a bag of weed with that then a
    mechanical roller. Ill just get my good buddy The_Great_Sage to roll me
    one.[​IMG]

18. fiftyseven

fiftyseven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I roll In-Side-Out joints, all you have to do is put the glue on the opposite side you normaly would and then when the time comes lick through the paper. i alwase roll cones, and i often only smoke it down about half way and then reroll with more weed, after a few times you end up with a mass of sticky resin soaked buds that are impossible to roll with, smokes good in a bowl though.

19. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    I hear you, Man!

I fugure: why spoil the taste of good weed?

20. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    Why do you roll inside out joints? I like that resin idea though. The roach would get you blazed for sure, and bowls are always more efficient.