Comparison

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by toad, Apr 18, 2007.

1. toad

toad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    Just curious,

There is something called OXYCODON 10 MG/PARACETAMOL 300 MG Capsules

How can one compare this to Hydrocodone 7.5 or 10mgs? Is the Oxycodon much stronger than the Hydro of is it the other way around or the same as the 2 mentioned.

Seems as if 3 of 7.5mg of hydrocodone cures ones depression which is good for a little while.

If 3 of the Hydro helps this, how many of the Oxycodone 10mg would be comparable?

Is this medication time released? If so, how do you go about getting past that?

Thanks for the info

Toad.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well if You seeks a drug to help depression, a MD doc (for prescription) and or 5-htp or St. John's Wort (Both OTC) is suggested. As for the origional question, oxycodone is stronger than hydrocodone. In SWIdr's opinion 5 mg oxycodone is equivalent to 7.5 mgs hydrocodone. So yes, that is a good estimate in SWIdr's opinion. Next time please Use the Forum Search Engine before posting a thread.

3. toad

toad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    I appreciate your answer. I did a search and nothing came up with this particular medication. One of my questions is this a time released medication or is it a normal capsule? If it is time released what do you do to get past the time release? Break the capsule open? Thanks

4. toad

toad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    Anyone, anyone?? Is this the kind of med time released and to avoid that you just break open the capsule and swallow? Is it not time released and can be taken normally for a euphoric feeling? I really dont understand Oxycodone even reading about it here in the forums. People say Oxycodone is time released etc, Is this medication I am talking about taken the same way you would take hydrocodone 7.5mgs for a injured back? I really appreciate your advice. Thanks

Eric

5. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    What is the brand name?

6. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    but I would suggest to filter out the paracetamol... especially if You wants to use bigger doses... paracetamol can be very dangerous to your liver....paracetamol is more dangerous than a lot stuff You only would get through prespriction!! LD50 for paracetamol is 143mg per kilo bodyweight...so if you're at 80 kg, 11.40g paracetamol could be deadly easily...but irreparable liver damage can occur even earlier.

11.40 gram sounds huge...this would be huge (38 of your capsules!) but this is LD50. LD5 could be much lesser...

not to make you panic but never ever take much paracetamol!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  7. toad

toad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    The name of the medication is Aferin.

Dont know how to seperate the oxycodone from the rest.

Have we figured out if it can be taken like hydrocodone or is it a slow release medication that you have to do something special to?

Thanks for your opinions.

Toad.

8. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIdr beleives You is getting Oxycontin and Oxycodone mixed up. See, Oxycodone is just an active ingrediant in some pills. Oxycontin is a brand name for an extended-release pill, which contains the active ingrediant, Oxycodone.
    As for the other question, SWIdr has not heard of "Aferin" Oxycodone brand (In the US), but some people do prefer to break the pill/tablet in half or to just crush the capsule just in case, to increase effectiveness.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  9. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Run a search for cold water extraction. This will seperate the paracetamol from the opiate.

The only information I can find on Aferin suggests it contains 10mg of codeine, not oxy, and is being misrepresented by certain suppliers. Use google for more information.

10. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Same here SWIabrad, SWIdr used google too, and could not find any info linking aferin o oxycodone. It seems though that the origional poster is new to opiates and maybe mistook codeine for oxycodone (understandable). Question to the origional poster-Is You sure the brand name is Aferin, and how did he obtain this medication?

11. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:

I believe a product called Aferin is offered by some "spanish-language" pharmacies. SWIM concurs - People at said pharmacies are more than likely misrepresenting a product here.

12. toad

toad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    The pharmacy is in Turkey and I believe they make their own meds.

13. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If this med was really Oxy, it should be more potent than hydro. I think it might be fake.

14. monkeygone2heaven

monkeygone2heaven Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think there is a chance this is fake - as "aferin" means "good job" in turkish :} (i think...)

but until You verifies what that pill contains, stay safe is swim's suggestion.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  15. monkeygone2heaven

monkeygone2heaven Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got curious and checked. there is a cold medicine with analgesic effects called "a-ferin" but the active ingredients deinitely don't include oxycodone (5-Fluorourasil 250 mg)

I recommend You not taking it to be safe.. if the packaging legit and looks like this "a-ferin" then maybe it's safe it but don't expect much from it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007