1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - Compensate calcium deficiency

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by jj356, Jun 25, 2011.

1. jj356

jj356 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Germany
    Hey,

everybody who uses amphetamines should know that more calcium is needed than normally.
    But does everyone know how much more is used up? Are there any studies about it?
    I didn't find anything about it.

Somebody i know uses supplements and eats things like bananas everytime he uses amphetamines. But he askes himself everytime how much of the recommend daily dosage would be the best. He uses appreciated about 150% when he's on recreational amounts of amphetamines and it feels like it's fine.
    And I know that it's related to the amount of used drugs, the food consumed and such but however, an empirical study of the increased demand would be really nice... Clear facts give a bit safer feeling if it's a thing about the health.

Maybe someone knows more about it - I would be thankful if he shares his knowledge to us :)

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Any evidence that Amphetamine depletes calcium?

3. sasafrass

sasafrass Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    ... Osteoarthritis and the meth head. Journal of obnoxious ...

4. TooFastTim

TooFastTim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    TIM would think that a multi vitamin containing x dose of calcium on its ingredient listing would be the daily side required. I have a great link has a chart and everything. It seems that calcium serum lvl do not fluctuate with dietary habits as the body stores calcium in bones as a sort of reserve if you want the link i could pm it to you.

5. sasafrass

sasafrass Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    hyposecretion of parathyroid hormone can result in low calcium levels. phosphorus containing laxatives might wick it out. if you were really low you'd have a pins and needles feeling and abdominal cramps. never seen or heard of amines being an issue.

6. jj356

jj356 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Germany
    I searched for studies about this and it seems that I was wrong... didn't find anything about it, only about magnesium/calcium ratio and this seems really to be affected by amphetamine usage.
    Calcium deficiency maybe a result of the lifestyle some people have - not enough sleep and food et cetera
    Thanks for the answers, made me thinking about it ;)