Compiling marijuana effects for SWIM with Asthma. Any and all(pro,con,neutral)

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by gotabeer12, Feb 26, 2007.

1. gotabeer12

gotabeer12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    NOTE: THIS IS FOR ALL WHO HAVE ASTHMA AND HAVE USED OR CURRENTLY STILL USE MARIJUANA. PLEASE POST IF SWIM HAS NO INTERACTION, POSITIVE INTERACTION OR NEGATIVE.

Also note that if I have people they know that have asthma and used marijuana than please post as well. Obviously all of the info below is not expected to be filled out for my acquaintances and also make a note in the post that it is a SWIM SWIM... lol.

Sorry about the caps but I really don't want anyone with asthma to skip over this thread, as it will lessen the participants, obviously, and may potentially skew the data in other unforeseen ways.

Hello everyone, I am interested in compiling as much data as possible for those who have used marijuana with asthma. There is very little formal research done concerning the two, so I figured I might as well get as much subjective information as possible in one spot: this thread.

Please offer as many answers to the questions offered below, unless I feel uncomfortable. If SWIM posts without regard to the questions at all, I will lump SWIM in a side-group for all who do so, still it will not be forgotten. Also, if SWIM can answer any of these questions with what your doctor describes to SWIM, than please do so. If I don't remember/doesn't know than make a prediction.

Severity of Asthma(When first diagnosed): Light, Moderate, Severe
    Follow-up: Is this a doctors observation or My.
    Severity of Asthma(CURRENT diagnosis): Light, Moderate, Severe
    Follow-up: Is this a doctors observation or My.
    Prescribed Medications: List all medications taken for asthma and allergies that SWIM WAS or IS STILL prescribed to and if I am currently using(actually taking them) these medications. If SWIM still takes them, does SWIM take it as prescribed?
    Non-Prescription Remedies: List any non-prescription remedies I use to treat asthma or allergies.
    Observed Side-Effects of Medications: Any and all, if particular drug can be targeted for cause then I should mention it.
    Regularity of Marijuana Intake: List whether I have done it once, multiple times, or regularly. If regularly list the average rate of intake.
    Quality of Marijuana: List the quality/qualities of marijuana intake. Please try and limit it to these categories: Compressed w/ seeds(schwagg), Somewhat compressed w/ no seeds, Average non-compressed or slightly compressed seedless bud(Commonly referred to as BC, Triple A or just regular bud), Somewhat higher quality of non or slightly compressed seedless bud(Something SWIM considers slightly better than the previous category), High quality seedless and non-compressed bud(homegrown, low-scale indoor grown buds, most likely particular strain will be known.) If multiple types are used mention any or no differences in interaction with Asthma.
    Method of Marijuana Intake: Smoked, cooked and eaten, vaporized? List the method of intake of smoking or vaporization. Examples of smoking would be pipe, bong, joint, blunt, etc. If vaporized list the vaporizer(s) used.
    Follow-up: If different interactions with different forms of intake are observed, list them.
    Acute(Instant) Reactions to Marijuana: List all immediate reactions to the marijuana up to 5 minutes after consumption. Eating it does not fit in this category.
    Reactions to Marijuana for several hours/rest of the day: Self explanatory.
    Long term reactions to Marijuana use: Overall change in effect(if any) on severity of asthma. This is more for regular smokers.
    Marijuana and Prescription Medication Interaction: For regular smokers, list any effect I believe effected their prescribed medication. A very good example would be if Theophylline dosage was changed. Or if medications were increased/decreased or ceased after regular marijuana use.

my Comments: Please add any additional observations/insights that are not included in the above categories.

******AS STATED BEFORE, THIS IS FOR ALL EXPERIENCES GOOD/BAD/NEUTRAL******

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Asthma since pre-teen. Moderate. Several Drugs, over many years.
    Vap'd Pot is the BEST Medicine ever (cert'd Med Pot user).
    Now, NO full-blown attacks in 4 years of new Medicine.
    God bless Medical Marijuana.