concerning phosphoric acid

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by senorsalvia, Dec 19, 2006.

1. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hello all: This is only my second day on this particular forum, but I have been (around the block for decades)... I have done a few extractions/cooks of various entheos, but is surely no chemist, nor a very good chef at all.. That said, I'd like to ask Marsofold here to explain something.... If there is such a good dose/response curve when using phosphoric acid tek where 'AYA' is taken orally, then please tell us why we never hear of anything regarding a recipe where the phos is used when the person wants a tek that would result in a smokable DMT Freebase, as opposed to making like 'da natives and drinking La Purga????? Yeah, I could be really off base here, but to me, it seems that someone, somewhere must have tried this approach eh... Thanks for all input/help/criticism/etc------------- sal

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2006
  2. senorsalvia

Reputation Points:
    --------- Wow, I would have thought someone would have replied to this----- SWIM can not understand how, if a phosphoric acid extraction of DMT from Mimose Hostilis Rootbark is truly as effective as has been touted on other forums, then it seems that we would be hearing of someone, somewhere attempting (where legal, of course0 to use that 'phos' in the Marsofold Tek..... Frankly I am beginning to wonder if this particular site is truly a place where free exchange of info and ideas is valued........... 'Course, I could be too impatient in awaiting a respone.... Guess time will tell, eh?????-- sal

3. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's really quiet in here sometimes... Days without new posts.

Good luck on the knowledge quest.

4. senorsalvia

Reputation Points:
    senorsalvia to senor cooper:..... Ah Ha, some activity on this!!! So, have you yourself ever wondered about this??? It just seems to me that if people are reliably correct that they can drastically reduce the amount of Mimose Hostilis Rootbark used in an oral dosage regimen, then it stands (imho) to reaso that this could quite possibly be true via the Mars Tek???? Well, to my way of thinking Mars is 'the master;, so I just hope we hear his thoughts on the matter.... Thanks for the reply there coop=== sal

5. thinkcooper

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have heard from a friend that the marsofold tek worked extremely well with sulphuric acid, in 2.5pH solution. But I have never heard of using phosphoric acid for the tek. Speculation is that if acetic acid, ascorbic acid, sulphuric acid work in the tek, then phosphoric acid work as well. pH is likely critical.

6. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have performed the extraction without any acid added, and the tannic acid in the bark seems to lower the PH enough to acquire the same yield (tested from the same batch), with even less recrystallization needed for pure white/clear crystals, than with various acids added..

I have used HCl acid, acetic acid (vinegar), and none at all, with them each coming out a bit whiter, as less or weaker acid was used.. If phorsphoric acid seems to make a brew more effective, perhaps it is the way it is used in the body, rather than the efficiency of the extraction, but I am only speculating..

7. thinkcooper

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWICE - That's really interesting to read. Did SWICE use heat in the acid free extraction?

I am experimenting now with time, using acetic acid solution, without heat, soaking material for a week. Next experiment will be using D-H2O and time, without heat.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If you're waiting for a reply from Marsofold - be aware he has not been around for quite sometime. We all miss him!

9. thinkcooper

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    He'd replied briefly in a DMT.tribe.net thread asking for advice in November - 2006, but that's the last he's had to say over there...

10. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used heat, as heat speeds up any reaction, and did 3 separate plain tap (lower than 40ppm in the area) water soaks, 20 minute soaks on high, stirring it frequently, until it almost began to boil, then turned off the heat and let cool for an hour or more, when the temperature was near room temp.. He squeezed out the bark well, reduced the amount of liquid to a small amount, and then let it sit in the fridge overnight to let all the fine particualte matter fall out and stick to the bottom of his stainless steel bowl.. Then he ran it thru a t-shirt filter and into a container to process in the normal fashion.. He also does 2 sodium carbonate washes and one chilled tap water wash, with a small amount of water.. He then dries the solvent with baked espom salts, filters them out, and freeze precipitates the crystals.. He then filters them out and recrystallizes it in fresh solvent slowly for large clear to nearly clear crystals..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006