Concerta Administration.

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Nahbus, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I need to get to the bottom of this. He's read many threads, and came upon the conclusion that you shouldn't crush it to snort, but it MAY be a good idea to crush and dissolve in water? One should cut the brown part off, then can be crushed and snorted, all sorts of different answers.
    Will someone please tell SWIM the best way to get off on these. He is gettin two 36mg(I think they are) pills and doesn't want to waste them.
    Also, SWIM enjoys taking 10-20mg Ritalins... so what would SWIM do to achieve the same/similar or even longer acting buzz? Would popping both of them be worthwhile?(<

Should he try and crush the goods and dissolve them in a drink?
    Should he extract the goods (haven't seen any extraction threads... although I didn't really search for that yet)?

Help point SWIM in the right direction. THANK YOU!:D

1. 5/5,
      definitely learned a thing or 2 about concerta admin from this thread!
      Aug 23, 2006
  2. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Definitly crush n do something.... Swallowing a whole pill could have a time release coating wich would stop it from giving this SWIM guy any effects! :D

3. Metternich

Metternich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim's experience is that parachuting them is the most effective. Taken orally the effects are softened a little but they last longer. It also takes a longer to take effect. Yesterday I had a small lunch and an hour later took 36mg, it took about an hour and a half to kick in. If You wants to dissolve them in a drink You should get something strong flavored, because concerta is nasty tasting. And grind that shit up good lest it gets stuck to Swiy's teeth.

I would not recommend that you do both at once, unless you're a user of high doses. 36mg gives Swim a good time.

4. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Arighty. SWIM actually got 3x 36mg. You're saying if I want a good time he should crush it up as best he can and parachute it?
    I said he felt as though 10mg (insufflated) of ritalin was just as good (the 'crash' wasn't as bad... but thats not much of an issue, as I have plenty of Diazepam) as 20mg (10mg oral 10mg insufflated). Will 36mg of parachuted concerta feel like 36mg of ritalin? Should it last longer?
    I will parachute one most likely and wait a while.
    He has a big work day tomorrow and will need the energy for a good 12 hours. Spacing the 3 out... would this fill the 12 hours needed? He also has ephedrine and valium... so he SHOULD be good on the energy and crash/anxiety any bad feelings.
    I am mainly concerned about his dosage and duration.
    Thanks for the tips, though!

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    swim tells me he never felt concerta when it was just swallowed! however he always felt there was something about the pills (cant remember what) that wouldnt lead them to being a very pleasant snort. he says that parachuting would be the best bet! 36 mg of concerta should be equivalent to 36 mg of ritalin, since presumably the time release would be destroyed by crushing it. also because of this, it shouldnt last any longer than normal ritalin!

a quick search on concerta reveals that in the facts about the drug, it cannot be "opened, chewed or crushed like other ADD medications" to split up doses...implying that if You crushes it, the time release should be completely gone =]

6. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    what about all that mumbo jumbo about removing the brown layer, or the two outside layers?
    Maybe I should do half a 36 6 times throughout the day... go home and take a bunch of valium and smoke (depending how much he takes and everything. He doesn't want a horrible crash, and only did 20mg once, and 10mg another time. He's a bit weary of taking 3x 36mg of concerta.)
    Maybe I will take less. Ah he always makes a big fuss when trying a new drug... gotta be safe!

7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    hm, I am guessing the two outside layers may contain part or all of the time release. but it may be best not to risk losing any of the drug, and just parachute the outer layers too after crushing. crushing should take care of it all, right? but You is right to titrate the dose by spacing them apart, it should avoid the crash at the end and the 2 hour increments should let You judge if he needs anymore.

8. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, I will do a little test run in the morning and hold off untill lunch maybe. Just check out how it is and ride it out, maybe taking a valium once or twice. I think it should turn out fine, he's well equipped :)

9. Metternich

Metternich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You should remove the first two layers, unless You is in a hurry and doesn't care, it's a lot harder to mash up the pill though. the first layer has some ritalin in it, You can keep the peel and parachute with it. the second layer is junk.

there isn't such a brown layer as there is a brown half. Its the useless mechanism, I use pliers to pinch it off. what is left is the white/yellow bit, what You wants. Swim suggests pressure rather than blunt force to break that bastard up.

You would be better off with the reduced dosing. 108mgs is a lot for a day. If You does one or two Swim thinks You will be tired the day after, but still able to function.

10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    please post a report on this! inquiring swims want to know how it turns out!

11. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, SWIM ended up taking 1 + 1/2 of his 3x 36mg Conertas.
    Anyway, around 9 he scraped the coating+wax off, cut off the brown. Saved the coatings (He heard they may have goods in them). Anyway, he crushed the white/yellow part into a fine powder and took 1/3 in a little shot of water (eh... it stuck to the sides and was weird. Not recommended by me. Also stuck to his teeth a bit).
    Anyway, wasn't feeling all that much for a couple hours. He then parachuted the other 2/3. Still really wasn't feeling anything after 1-2-3 hours.
    By not feeling anything, SWIM means something that is hard to explain. Very subtle, NO fatigue, slight mood lift. This, of course, could have just been a good day for SWIM. He figured he would feel more, due to his other reactions to 10mg and 20mg.
    Anyway, he ended up taking the other half, parachuted, some hours later (I am bad with time). Still not all THAT much. I was enjoying himself, but wasn't really buzzing or anything.
    Anyway, I am going to NYC tomorrow.. he'll prolly end up taking a full one, or maybe half of the combined 1 1/2 twice. Maybe even take it all, he's unsure. He will enjoy himself either way, I'm sure.
    Anyway, he'll probably be drinking as well (should he take less of a dose because of this? He hasn't really researched the combination yet).

Ah, well... expect another report :)

P.S. anyone else going to be in Warped Tour, NYC August 5th? I said he was going and is real excited about NOFX + Anti Flag... some of the best shows he's seen.

12. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I say that when he combines stimulants with drinking, it usually takes far less for him to get drunk! (except coke, thats a different story). maybe start with a lower dose of the concerta or save it for another work day.

I amnt going to warped in nyc, but he says nofx was hilarious when he saw them, and ended up drinking on thursday's bus =]

13. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I got a VERY nice buzz by eating concerta as it is, no tampering with them. 72-90 mg gave him the best stimulant high he ever had. Now he usually takes 90 mg every morning with no effects except for the ones intended by him and his doctor. In the beginning it was amazing though, but those amounts (or more) were necessary to get a good high. It's very individual though, but that is what worked for SWIM before he became used to them. Now I would have to go well over those amounts to get that good of a buzz.

14. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    if You has tolerance to concerta from taking it every day, is it dangerous to up the doses even higher? I would anticipate heart trouble from trying to get high off it if You already has a rather large tolerance. or does tolerance to the elevated heart rate occur too?

15. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Good question, I really don't know. I recently checked his pulse when on concerta and it was at 76 so that's pretty good. Blood pressure was good too. In the beginning at the same dose he had a higher pulse though (96 I think), so I think the answer to your tolerance-question would probably be yes, but don't hold me to it cuz I got no proof!

16. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you look on the pill on one side of the cylender there is a dimple on ther other there is nothing. that dimple is the laser drilled hole through which the medicen goes through plus ther is some fancy pill work having to do with an expanding chamber that pushes the medicen through the hole. but you would want to break open the concerta from the dimpled end. empty that chamber and toss the shell.

17. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  18. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so what about dropping a pill in a glass of water and let it all dissolve over 12 or so hours? Should all be in the water after that, no?

19. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    from what swim can tell most of it should be. the outer coating might not be soluble in water in which case you wouldnt get some of the concerta trapped in the coating, but at the very least youd get most of it from the inside!

20. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oh god trust me its water soluable. but You might want to put it in a mild acid because the laser drilled hole will only open in the stomach.