1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Concerta costs too much/generic alternatives?

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by philoscybin, Apr 9, 2007.

1. philoscybin

philoscybin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 22, 2004
    My dear friend SWiM wrote me the following email & I thought I'd ask for advice here...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Feb 18, 2004
    from U.K.
    From The Rules

Please apply this Rule to all drug use, even prescribed.
  3. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    May 19, 2006
    from U.S.A.
    First off there are a few drugs similiar to concerta that should be cheaper. concerta is closely related to methylphenidate or ritalin, so generic methylphenidate would likely be a cheaper option. also focalin is quite similiar chemically to concerta as well with less of the negative side effects that concerta has. dexedrine really isnt prescribed to often for ADD unless its very severe however generic adderal or amph salts are a very cheap generic.

It seems that alot of the obscurity of your problems may be caused by overdiagnosis and over medication. Instead of seeking for a chemical panacea for your legitimate problems you might want to try and resolve various issues in your life. Many pyschiatrist over perscribe medication which can in turn make a condition much worse and convince a patient they are dependant on chemical assistance, this however is not true.

I would invest in some good old therapy, try to eat and sleep right and begin working out while tappering off of some of your medications, or just do these in conjunction with medication. they should help resolve many of your symptoms despite the fact they seem unrelated.