Concerta or other long acting ritalin

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Amok, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Amok

Amok Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am taking a short acting Ritalin every day. I pretty much enjoy the
    "high" which reminds me a bit of cocaine, but it seems to start only
    after 2 hours and lasts for less then 45 minutes.

Would the longer acting versions of Ritalin give me the same buzz that
    I experience at the peak but one that would lasts longer? Did anyone
    have to experiemce with Concerta, or Ritalin LA.

2. glomp

glomp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have only ever hadthe LA version of ritalin so i can't give a definite comparative account but i assume the same dosein sustained-release form would give you less of a peak but longer activity

3. coppafeel

coppafeel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sounds like youre eating the rits if it takes 2 hrs to feel effects...first how many mg's are they? i only blow uppers really and when i do them often it takes a good amt of rits to get me "on" (i also feel somewhat cokey from it)...i usually blow 3+ (most is like 6 45 mgs time release in a couple hrs) one every like hourish or so, and my high starts out, then keeps building (when i blow pills overlaps, meaning i usually blow one before im all the way down from the other) until my last pill or two where i stretch it out. i love ritalin, and the high from concerta (but i hate the bullshit involved in blowing it and it makes me very socially wierd so i usually chill by myself)...lol sorry for the semi tangents and shit, im coming down a night of a lil coke and lotta adderall and alcohol and pot lol

4. Unsolved

Unsolved Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If I were you Bro I would get switched to adderall. It's a lot more powerful and you need less mg's to get the kind of high you want. Ritalin is okay but adderall is the bomb. The high usually last 4-6 hours depending on how much you take and what you do.

5. Amok

Amok Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thats what I gonna try to do tomorrow, comparing to other drugs, I
    always concidered that Ritalin high is more simular to coke, while
    Adderall is closer to E - which of cource is my primarly drug of
    choice.

6. Unsolved

Unsolved Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah E is my favorite to by far. How can you not love that drug. Wish I could fine in around here.

7. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ritalin and Adderall are both used for ADD/ADHD however their mechanism of action is not exactly the same. Adderall (d&l amphetamine) works to both block the reuptake of Dopamine and Norepinephrine, whereas Ritalin (methylphenidate) works to block the reuptake of dopamine only. Adderall has a longer duration of action due to its biologically active metabolites. Adderall is also associated with euphoria, whereas Ritalin techniquely is not. Just as a side note, Adderall will show up in your piss as (+)for amphetamines, Ritalin will not.

8. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I had aplay with some Ritalin SR last night. She took 80mgs and about half an hour later she was feeling fantastic, she didnt stop talking for about 2 hours and did a bunch of housework that she'd been putting off. Then the euphoric buzz wore off, but her body still felt very speedy, elevated heart rate and a wee bit shaky (nothing scary though, I was just feeling disppointed that the euphoria was gone so soon.) She started to get a little lost at this stage, like kept forgetting what she was doing, there are quite a few half finished tasks left for her today!. A few hours into this I took another 40mgs, had a hot shower and.then went to an online chatroom for awhile but she wasnt very chatty, her heart rate felt closer to normal and concentrating became easier again Maybe an hour later she took her last 20mgs with no affect other than to keep her awake. She started to feel tired about 5 hours after her last dose and took 1 X 7.5mg Zopiclone and 2 X 25mcg clonidine, fell asleep an hour later, slept for 3 then was woken up by the damn telephone.

Overall SWIM rates the experience pretty high, especially when she compares the price to methamphetamine, but as these pills aren't readily available to SWIM she probaably wont get to repeat this experience anytime soon.