Concerta & Ritalin experiences

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Sitbcknchill, May 28, 2006.

1. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
  2. robin_himself

robin_himself Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Ritalin in retrospection

Swim his dose scale:
    10-20 mg: A very low dose with slight effects, if one is not familiar with the effects its almost not noticeable.
    20-30 mg: The effects are present but still not strong. On this dose its clear that the drug has been used.
    30-40 mg: The effect are medium to strong and it starts to feel like amphetamine sulfate. This was for swim the best recreational dose. The side effects are getting noticeable (chewing, dilated pupils)
    40-50 mg: This dose is a strong ritalin dose with full effects witch will last long, with this dose the side effects are also very noticeable. Especially the cotton mouth feeling.
    50-60 mg: This dose is actually to high for recreation. The positive but also the negative effects are strong. But the problem with such a high dose is that it doesn’t add to the experience it rather prolongs it. This kind of dose will be rough on the heart.

All of these dosis where taken by means of insuflation. (assuming I snorted once a night and no redoses)

The effects:
    Low dose: effects are slightly noticeable. It works stimulating but not for to long, euphoria is also felt but on the background.
    Medium dose: effects are present and feel very nice, stimulation and euphoria.
    High dose: with a too high dose the effects are strong but the side effect are stronger. Dehydration and heart problems are risks.

Conclusion:
    Swim experiences ritalin as one of the sweetest stimulants on the market. The euphoria and stimulation are nice and mild. You’re not in space but very well out there. But when one compares it to amphetamine sulphate it lacks in stimulation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      Exactly the info I came in this thread for!
      Feb 9, 2014
    2. 3/5,
      Good post!
      May 31, 2006
  3. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    As no one has ever posted an experience here before (wierd as I know many swims have some) I'll start by posting a totally made up story which I imagined this past saturday:

Note that the subject to which I refer as "I" doesn't exist.

" I finally got some ritalin pills, 10 mg, brand novartis. I've done a lot of research about stimulants and I finally decided to choose methylphenidate over speed, coke or meth for a number of reasons:

1. It's cheaper and easier to find
    2. It doesn't come from some bastard's kitchen, garaje or bathroom.
    3. It isn't a street drug, it comes in blisters and it looks like medicine you take for allergy, besides it is not known in my country so there is little chance to get busted.
    4. It is softer than speed and meth and has easier comedown
    5. I tried coke in the past and didn't like and it's fucking expensive

Anyway, I read a lot of confusing reports about it being recreational or not, being good for insufflation, being similar to coke.... So I didn't know what to expect.

Note that I'm/was ADHD and never took any drugs for it, just useless therapy.

I took 2 pills (20 mg) and crushed into fine powder, not as fine as I wished cause I did it quick and with no good tools. It is amazing though how much powder you get from 2 pills.

00:30 I start blowing the stuff, 4 lines with breaks between them (a couple of minutes) I'm regular mj smoker and I'd smoked 4 hours before. Haven't done any other drug for at least 3 years except for ocassional alcohol and a couple of trials with GHB (not that day). Snorting them reminded me a lot of cocaine, acid smell, bitter taste, and not at all hard on the nose. My teeth didn't come numb though.

T+10m: Not feeling much, got dressed and went out to meet some friends that were drinking at someone's house.

T+20m: I meet my friends now, I feel ok, I bit speedy and happy but not sure it's me or the drug.

T+30m: I definitely feel it right now, I finished my first drink (ron with cola) and feel my heart pounding and I need to move and talk, I'm happy and crear headed but not wired. My friends don't notice anything wierd in my behaviour. I keep drinking.

T+1h: I decide not to take the other pill I planned to take cause I was speedy enough, and i didn't want to ruin a perfect night by OD'ing. I'm feeling very well right now a lot of tingling in my chest which scared me at first but then I realized how plesurable it was and let go. I'm talkative, happy and energetic. I feel a lot of pressure in my jaw and I need to be pressing my teeth all the time. I try to stop that but it is hard.

T+2: I still feel as above although more drunk. It is amazing how easily you can drink while on ritalin, and the little effect it has in you.

T+3: I stopped drinking but not because I feel drunk, it's just that the number of drinks scares me. We go to the pub. No effects diminished at all, still the same, although mouth is getting worse. I drink water

T+3.5: We go to the disco and I still feel very sociable and warm but energy is decreasing, I'm very thirsty. No other bad feelings.

T+4.5: I'm ok now, delighted for the good experience but effects are all gone and I'm feeling drunk. Met my girlfriend and went home.

T+5: I smoke some weed and went to bed. Sleep was easy but not good. I fell asleep in 10 min but I woke up several times. Dreams were rare. I don't get good sleep when I drink only anyway so it might not have been the rits.

Next day I felt a bit of hangover.

Overall it was a great night. I think methylphenidate is much better than coke. I know many of you will say I'm out of my mind for saying this. It is cheaper, longer lasting and better in effects. Good drug I found. I can't wait to try it as study aid and to help concentrate.

In retrospect I would like to say that I was maybe TOO talkative, and now I know I should've watched this better as I said things I shoudn't have said and made me look stupid sometimes.... "

I hope you all have enjoyed this trip I made up and encourage you to post ritalin experiences that you imagine or SWIM or your rat lab lived.

1. 3/5,
      very nice and well thought out post
      Oct 3, 2012
  4. highganja99

highganja99 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Re: Concerta & Ritalin information

I would agree with robin_himself. 40mg is the best dose SWIM prefers after snorting from 10mg to 200mg in the past, side effects increase with dosage. 40mg is the highest recreational dose on average for effects but dose may depend on other factors like alcohol intoxication. really good post robin_himself perfect scaling.

5. AsIaN_ChIcK

AsIaN_ChIcK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Ritalin Snorting Blog of SWIM

I snorted her Ritalin for the first time today. Crushed power of 5mg at first and I felt NOTHING!

SWIM checked out the fine ass drugs-forum and decided to snort another 10mg. And that's just what she did. Still nothing at first.

20 minutes or so later, I felt a mellow high. To SWIM, it was no better or worse than having 5 shots down the system. :p

Um...3 hours later I am wondering if she should get another round of shots...

DAMN! Snort is thirsty.

6. AsIaN_ChIcK

AsIaN_ChIcK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Re: Ritalin Snorting Blog of SWIM

I am seriously numb right now. Drinking water like a fish and her brain is slow like a turtle. Heart's beating at 87/min, 20 beats above her normal range.

Totally can't study anymore. Presentation on Monday?? Fuuugedaboutit!:eek:

7. AsIaN_ChIcK

AsIaN_ChIcK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

SWIM just snorted another 10mg of Ritalin and took a 5mg pill orally. She does not feel any high, but defintely is more awake and alert now comparing to 5 minutes ago. She no longer feels slow. I think the numbness might be part of the aftereffect of ritalin wearing off.

WTH, I don't feel high still. SWIM think she's going to start working now since she probably has a good 2 hour window before becoming numb again.

BTW, I just want to document my first time ritalin experimence and share it with everybody here. Feel free to ask me to shut up if this annoys you or if anybody thinks this is a waste of forum space since, apprantly, I am the only one posting on this thread.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

In the future do you suppose I could wait until all is said and done before posting? Combine the report into one post as is usually done? Otherwise, as happens, we end up with a disjointed record that is more difficult to read and/or place in archives.

Thread merged.

9. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Always fun to report your experiences. swia has been curious about Ritalin pills so its useful for her to read.She not sure if this has been covered before but she'll still read. Have fun with your presentation ;)

10. x cynic x

x cynic x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For his first time swim recently insufflated 2 5mg pills containing Ritalin and felt a strong wariness of his surroundings for about a half hour. Halfway through, I decided to sit down and discovered that he had lost all interest in mobility. Rather than moving around, he found it more pleasant to simply chat amongst his associates and observe the scenery. Can anyone relate to this type of reaction?

11. x cynic x

x cynic x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh and also swim neglected to mention how he took a couple of pills orally but did not notice much of an effect until now. He is now being kept wide awake all night without a single sedative available. The only thing better than being kept up all night is having work in the morning.

12. rising1

rising1 Guest

Reputation Points:
    Ritalin Experience :

First a little background on prior drug usage. SWIM (whom I knew pretty well) uses low dosage adderall via insuffication (30 mg) 3 to 4 times a week. I used to use cocaine and methamphetamine recreationally for quite some time (3 to 4 years) but has gotten out of the lifestyle in the last year or so.I used ~1.75 to 2.5 gr of cain over the course of a usual night and approx .5 to .75 gr per day when using methamphetamine (snorted usually, smoking didnt seem to last long enough and made the drug seem more like a "fien" drug to SWIM). In my opinion (everyone has one;) mixed amphetamine salts (adderall) , especially upon beginning to use them, felt more akin to MDMA than methamphetamine. More euphoria than rush. I have access to ritalin on an occasional basis but does not usually indulge. I present the following experience report for informational purposes only and this never really happened SWIM just made it all up.
    RITALIN (20 mg, insufficated)
    +5 min began to feel the kick , and suprisingly a little numbness which was definitely not expected
    +15 nice euphoria, more of a relaxed euphoria than meth or adderall, pleasant thoughts and bodily sensations
    +45 still feeling good but feeling the beginning of a comedown.
    + ~1:15 Pretty much down
    Now if that was the end of it then SWIM might indulge in the drug more often. However, and this may just be SWIM, but after the roughly hour and a half high, a deep depression sets in that runs at least the course of the next 3 to 4 hours if not until I go to sleep. The meaning of the word dopamine depletion becomes very clear to swim during this period. I feel it is similiar to caocaine in this respect however unlike cocaine, I do not feel a extreme need to do more of the drug, just a deep depression.Does anyone run in to this as well?

13. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    :eek: Go somewhere else to do that. Buying prescription drugs off of the internet is illegal. This may be a forum full of knowledgable individuals, but that's not how we roll.

14. x cynic x

x cynic x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh no ! A poor victim of ignorance. To the rules of these forums. Please take a moment from Swiy's busy schedule to look them over, even though You was advised at registration.

15. 4chanspy

4chanspy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would take like 10 - 20mg oral

then through out the night I would keep taking little bumps.

wile im stimulated i like to make stuff, i.e 3d modeling, writing, games, reading

I think its one of the best drugs out there, swim canceled his adderall xr perscription becuase adderall sucks balls, I think he has an anphetimine resistance or something becusae he didnt get anything out of it even at really high doses. but ritalin reminds swim of that time he had coke, amazingly smart and creative.

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Before you respond to a post like the two now deleted, please think of how the thread will read with your reply and the idiot's post no longer visible.

Get the picture? Next time, just hit the /!\ button and report the imbecile.

Thanks.

17. outofstep

outofstep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok seriously, most f'd up 'side effect' ever, I don't know whether to cry because it worsened his depression or what, he's trying to laugh hoping it's temporary....I think an ssri is actually working too. gg lexapro. anyways, first of all it is causing an INSANE degree of add, every word SWIM writes he has to think first. SWIM really hopes this isn't the equivalent to actual add, cause he couldn't live like this. But that's not the worse of it, no exaggeration, at all, as soon as the first 20mg ORAL (weak asssss dose) hit, it came with a baseball at full force carrying a massive load of anhedonia, with a side of stare at your computer bitch and do what i say. which involves nothing but message boards, this is seriously a weird ass feeling, even on klonopin. NOTHING IS PLEASUREABLE :[. I will try Welbutrin. Also, non existent comedown which doesn't really matter if there was no pleasure. Is this the zombie reaction kids have to Ritalin? this is unethical, immoral, and lacking SWIM of his weak but noticable pleasure.
    Oh not to mix up, that was My FIRST dose of the TODAY. Yesterday all I got was uncontrollable hyperfocus, extremely counterproductive. Lost track of about 9 hours.

SWIM assumes it's on to Focalin IR. from here.

18. Cob

Cob Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Swim Snorted 40 mgs first time, alone at home, feeling interesting.Swim keeps himself busy, cleanin the house, walkin around..... feel like chattin someone up :)

19. seeingred

seeingred Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I am having a similar experience. Hyperalertness but zombified and lack of mood. Kind of like zeroing in and zoning out at the same time. I would never put a kid on this if this had the same effect on them. But still using it because there doesn't seem to be an alternative.

20. stimulerium

stimulerium Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was prescribed to 36 and 54 mg Concerta for ADD. A few years after I got off his meds, he found the bottles containing the pils. He found 10mg Ritalin along with his Concertas (apparently SWIM also took 10mg Ritalin at 7 pm too).

He first snorted a Ritalin and got a mood lift and euphoria, listening to music was fun too. Moving around or talking was enjoyable. When coming down however, I got very restless and irritable.

Later on, his usual dose was half a 36 mg Concerta and the other half when he peaked. I think that with tolerance (I used it almost daily) the mood lift disappears and you feel like you have no emotions through out the whole high, and get the zombie effect mentioned by seeingred and outofstep.

As for addictiveness, I have an addictive personality but he felt Concerta was making him do it every day. When SWIM ran out however, he had no wihdrawal symptoms nor made any effort to get more.