Confusion over laws

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Fantasian, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Im really confused with this, i live in the Uk. From my research that shows that DMT at least as itself is definatly illegal, it is class A. However it has come to my attention that in the plant forms it can be sold all over Europe through internet sites.

1) Does this mean DMT if contained in a plant is legal?

2) I under stand that Ayahuasca is made from the various plant extracts is this a good way to experience DMT?

3) when DMT is inside the plant extract can it be smoked?

Any additional information would be greatly appriciated. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. My previous drug experiences are limited to Cannabis, Codeine, Tramadol, Morphine, DXM and mushrooms. My idea of DXM was to get a more intese shorter but more visual trip than mushrooms.
    Thanks for the help...

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    1) I don't know the exact laws in every country, but here you can posses a plant that contains illegal substances. If you plan to utalize, or have utalized those plants for consumption, that is illegal. An example would be an opium poppy, it's legal to grow, but if there is evidence of slashing the bulbs, thats illegal. You could order the material with no problem, but using them for consumption is illegal under the law. You are just using them for decoration.... right?!

2) Ayahuasca is a good method of use because you are getting the MAOI effects of one plant, which allows the DMT to be obsorbed in your stomach without being destroyed. Prepare for a long, intense trip.

3) I'm not to familiar with this whole process, but I believe you must extract the DMT and freebase it. There are plenty more people here who know much more about all this.

3. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    The plant is legal only so long as there is no indication of any intent to extract it. Ayahuasca is a water extract of two plants, traditionally Psychotria Viridis leaf and Banisteriopsis Caapi vine. The Viridis yields DMT and the Caapi yields harmaline, a chemical that prevents the digestive system from destroying the DMT. Typically, 60grams of each are extracted, combined, and consumed. Although the ayahuasca purists will say that only the Viridis /Caapi combo is true ayahuasca, many people also use Mimosa Hostilis for the DMT source and Syrian Rue seeds for the harmala. For this combo 13grams of Mimosa Hostilis and 3.5grams of Rue are typically extracted and consumed. This combination is generally considered to be a somewhat rougher trip. Mimosa Hostilis, Psychotria Viridis, Acacia Obtusifolia, Desmanthus Illinoisis, and Desmanthus Leptolobus may all be extracted to yield 90%+ concentrations of crystal DMT which is typically smoked, but can also be snorted for a longer lasting trip.

4. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    To: Mr. Lousberg, Chief
    Date: 17 January 2001
    Ref: INCB-PSY 10/01
    File: 141/1 NET
    Address: Inspectarate for Health Care
    Ministry of Public Health
    Den Haag - The Nethedands
    Fax: 00031-70-340 71 59

International Narcotics Control Board
    Subject: International control of the preparation "ayahuasca"

Dear Mr. Lousberg,

I would like to refer to your fascimile of 20 december 2000 concerning the traditional use of controlled substances, in particular the use of a preparation called "ayahuasca" by religious groups in the Netherlands.

The above mentioned issue was consulted by the INCB Secretariat with the Scientific Section and the Legal Advisory Section of the United Nations International Drug Control Programma (UNDCP). It is our understanding that "ayahuasca" is the common name for a liquid preparation (decoction) for oral use prepared fromk plants indigenous to the Amazon basin of South America, essentially the stem bark of different species of a jungle vine (Banisteriopsis sp.) and the tryptamine-rich plant Psychotria Virides. According to the scientific literature, ayahuasca commonly contains a number of psychoactive alkoloids, including DMT which is a substance included in Schedule I of the the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances.

No plants (natural materials) containing DMT are at present controlled inder the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances. Consequently, preparations n(e.g.decoctions) made of these plants, including ayahuasca are not under international control and, therefore, not subject to any of the articles of the 1971 Convention.

Yours sincerely,

Herbert Schaepe
    Secretary of the Board

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca_law10.shtml

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks alot of the replies guys, in allowed me to continue my interest into DMT and maybe allow my Labrat to become intoxicated with it. Any advice on particular products or adminstration method