Contaminants?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by splish6, Dec 30, 2006.

1. splish6

splish6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if I bought a bag of weed and made some cannabutter out of it, would there be a danger of contaminants? Of course it could be laced with something (unlikely right?), but besides that, what about, like, pesticides and stuff? And also, if SWIM made the cannabutter with the boiling in water method, would that clean it up (assuming theres even stuff in it)?
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
  2. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If it's safe to smoke, it's safe to eat aswell.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, what Creeping Death said.

Certainly, if you make your CannaButter with a water layer, it will absorb a few things.
    If this method will make you feel better, then why not do it? You know: Don't worry, be happy.
    But there haven't been any reports of people getting sick (or getting diseases) because of eating CannaButter.

4. splish6

splish6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You sure? I mean, say someone ate some cannabutter made with marijuana that was laced with cocaine (I'm sure someone out there has done it). Doesn't coke screw up your digestive tract?

Oh, and don't forget about soapbar hash.

5. Jadegreen

Jadegreen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    If you're baking something, there would be a chance that some of the contaminants would be cooked out.

If you are afraid of drugs screwing it up though, just smoke a little of it first to see if there is anything obviously wrong with it.

6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    There could be a reasonable chance that anything that would be destroyd by the heat of a flame while smoking, might stay intact while baking.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Splish asks: "You sure? I mean, say someone ate some cannabutter made with marijuana that was laced with cocaine... Doesn't coke screw up your digestive tract?"

My Grandfather took Cocaine pills for several years (for Headaches).
    He did just fine.
    Why would the FDA allow Coke pills to be sold, if they caused gastric distress?

8. splish6

splish6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh, sorry.:) I read a story about a drug mule who rolled crack rocks up in condoms and swallowed em. Then they broke and he died. :confused:

9. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    the reason he died was because he had a overdose of crack. a tiny amount of coke in your stomach won't do anything. when you snort coke the drip goes into your stomach. plus why would someone lace weed with coke. coke is 3 times more expensive and would give the weed buyer a free high. that just wouldn't make sense.

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Splish: "I read a story about a drug mule who rolled crack rocks up in condoms and swallowed em."

Don't try this one out at home.
    Now you know: Condoms can kill you. So be careful what you put in them.

Yeah, there's a BIG difference between eating a Gram of Coke, and eating a couple Ounces.

11. splish6

splish6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh, I see. But still. That book also says "long term snorters of cocaine can develop stomach ulcers and damage to the intestines" (Illegal Drugs: The Complete Guide To Their History, Chemistry, Use, and Abuse; 2003). Is this because coke is often cut with weird stuff?

:snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort: :snort:

12. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    You isn't a long time snorter....he isn't even doing coke he is making weed butter. If he is going to worry that much about the possiblity of coke in weed in butter then i would say stop doing drugs. Is it the weed that is making You paranoid if so cut down a bit before you think dea agents are at your door when the mailman comes by

13. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
  14. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Cocaine . . . Coke . . . Crack . . .

Why are some of you so all-fired-up to discuss this Coke-lacing thing?

If you buy you Weed from a person you trust, you can expect to be buying Weed.

If some Weed WAS going to be "Coked" . . . then you would be smoking it anyway.
    If it was "Coked" it would (probably) only have about 2% Coke (or you would easily be able to see the Coke in your Weed).

A little Coke isn't gonna hurt anyone.
    Paranoid Splish announces: "That book also says 'long term snorters of cocaine can develop stomach ulcers and damage to the intestines'. "
    Don't believe everything you read.
    This is a book about Drug Abuse, and the author can take liberties with the truth.
    If he thinks that long-term Coke can cause stomach problems, that's ONE thing ...
    But he's claiming that it can ruin intestines too (that is a little harder to believe) ...
    All of the Coke would absorb in the stomach, and NONE would absorb in the intestines.
    So, how would the intestines be injured, when they have NO Coke?
    Did the author cite a Medical study which showed this to be true? I think not.

First, Long-term means many years of constant Coke-snorting.
    But, you are crabbing about a tenth-of-a-Gram dose in your stomach.
    Certainly, after you snort a few-Thousand Grams of it, well, who knows, Huh?
    If you are ACTUALLY worried about this, call a local De-Tox facility, and ask them.
    Please stop wasting our Forum on this silly thing.

15. splish6

splish6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Lol, hey, I hasn't even tried weed yet. But yeah, I guess he is kinda OCD about drugs. Can't help it. :)

I didn't really mean to focus on cocaine. My point was about lacing with any drugs or the crap they put in soapbar hash. But I guess it is pretty unlikely, especially if you know your dealer, which I do.