Health - Controlling The LSD Trip (Personality Disorder)

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Panyd, May 27, 2006.

1. Panyd

Panyd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This is most likely the most retarded question ever asked, but I have a "personality disorder" it doesnt mean that s/he has a mental disorder. I heard the psychiatrist said it was: "an incurrable fault in the personality" This has some upsides. S/he tells me that whenever s/he's taken any drugs (which has included things like coke and MDMA) s/he's had total control over her/his brain whilst experiencing all of the good parts of the high. But in every day life it makes me see things and think in ways that other people don't think are logical but SWIM can't see fault in. (Not like flying crap, just harmless things like not understanding why certain things are offencive etc)

Will s/he be able to do that to help control the trip? SWIM heard that if you have mental health problems you shouldnt, but this isn't a life changing disorder and isn't harmful in any way.

Or is all of this laughable?

2. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Or one could take it the other direction, when one has an issue with personality. Personality is both mental and physical. If someone is not ready, or is iffy about taking a drug, don't take it. I have had LSD only a few times, but it's a remarkable drug that is pedictable, but I'm sure there are times where you won't see whats coming. In your brain, if you were to think "I have a disorder with how I am, is this going to affect me while I'm on it?" After you already took the drug....probably something you'd rather not happen, will. The subconscience mind holds information and thoughts that we don't really tap into often. LSD will bring those out, expand your mind. Hope that answered something :)

3. Panyd

Panyd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thank you. I'll be sure to tell SWIM this. This forum's great! :)

4. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    So SWIM just doesnt have the little man in his/her head that tells them what and what not to say? If its purely something like this then using LSD shouldnt cause him/her to be out of control or cause him to have a bad trip. Unless he/she's tripping with others and insults the tripping buddies causing them to direct hostility or negative feelings my way. As i understand the situation from the little info that i have it seems I should be ok as long as he/shes alone or with people that know and understand his/her personality disorder.

5. Panyd

Panyd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    No, just an apparently "very skewed" view of the world. Plus I thought having hallicinations (e.g. seeing a person if only for a few seconds, who isnt there, or animals where there are none) in every day life would work with SWIM in a halucinagenic situation

6. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    If You has hallucinations in everyday life You should be very causious about using psychedelics. I would recommend against it.

7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Control the trip? Try that and you's may be trouble. Either go with the flow or have a bad trip. One can steer the trip and navigate, when one is tring to fight a trip or trying to suppress it, things can get rough.
    Why does You want to try LSD?

8. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    having hallucinations is not a personality disorder. if s/he is just rude and offensive, shouldn't make a difference. maybe even will allow them to see themselves differently and thus make postive adjustments in their attitudes.

9. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Panyd, please explain this last sentence:
    Is You having hallucinations in every day life or does You plan to use LSD in everyday life?

10. Panyd

Panyd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Having hallucinations. I want to try and forward those experiences and discover why SWIM see's these particular things

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Id have to agree, hallucinating in every day situations is no a personality disorder. If SWIP hallucinates with out LSD then he really shouldnt take LSD. Has SWIP consulted a medical professional about these hallucinations? If not id recommend that he does so soon.

12. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

That is also true. If he or she did take it and had a luminating experience, maybe they would change. We don't even know what this disorder is so you probably won't get a sure answer. I would say not to take it....how old is SWIM?

13. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Controlling The Trip

perfectly put.