1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

TEK - Cooking Zicam Cough Max down? "Ziggo" What temp DXM breaks down at?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Euthanatos93420, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Euthanatos93420

Euthanatos93420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Now swim heard about this method in a chat room. where one takes Zicam cough max and cooks it down to a gelatinous state where one can ball it up and swallow it like a pill. Anyone heard of this? Swim has a bottle of Zicam left he's apt to try this with and make a report. Swim knows DXM breaks down and whould need to cook it low, anyone know the temp DXM breaks down at so he can try this without hurting himself/losing product?

2. Stradivarius

Stradivarius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from romania
    Re: Cooking zicam down? "Ziggo" What temp DXM breaks down at?

How about using a hair-dryer set on lowest level of heat?

3. Stradivarius

Stradivarius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from romania

How about using a hair-dryer set on lowest level of heat?

4. Euthanatos93420

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

that would be nutz trying to get it that thick with a blow dryer, i think we can go hotter but i've no idea how hot.

ALl i know is people talking about how DXM breaks down if you smoke it

I was thinking the same temp I boil rice at except i wont get it boiling before i turn it that low...like makin pudding...only a bit lower.

5. Nemba

Nemba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from new_zealand

Swim couldn't find a specific decomposition temperature, but this page http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6670370.html indicates that they reacted DXM at temperatures between 80°C and 180°C and also that DXM HBr does not decompose (rapidly at least) at it's melting point of 123°C.

In swim's experience of boiling to remove any traces of naptha from his acid/base extractions of cough syrup, boiling does not affect the potency, even quite a hard boil for about 20 minutes.

6. Euthanatos93420

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

nvm, I thought F not C LOL damn

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009