1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Health - Coughing up blood from smoking meth?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by kairo, Nov 5, 2008.

1. kairo

kairo

Reputation Points:
    Swim tried Meth the first time a few months ago. Has had maybe 3 or 4 weekend sessions where Swim would do Meth continuously for a day or two in addition to smoking joints.

Swim had a weekend session a week ago and another one just last weekend. After the last session Swim got a chronic cough and kept on coughing up mucous first, then later only spit, like his lungs were filled with water, only that the cough continued through the night and entire next day.

Two days later, while Swim continued smoking joints has he always does, suddenly coughed out mucous and spit containing blood. They weren't pure blood drops but rather colored the discharge red, and it tasted like blood as well.

Swim is convinced it must have something to do with smoking meth, as after the weekend his lungs also hurt and the cough was so severe. Swim will be going to the doctor in a few hours once it opens.

Has anyone has similar experiences? Searched the meth forum for "blood" but didn't really find anything too similar. Would be really great to hear other people's experiences.

Thanks a lot!

2. SmokingBowls420

SmokingBowls420

Reputation Points:
    Cut
    Swiy didn't burn off the cut before swiy smoked it

Swiy didnt melt the shards into a single puddle before allowing to crack back and then take a hit (swims and his fiends found that if swiy doesnt completely melt the shard and let it crack back it fucks up swiys hit/lungs)

Swiy probobly was just tweaking out on coughing more than likely....Swim used to sniffle the chemical goober that was always in the back of his throat, swim kept doing it for days on end nonstop and swim kept spitting up blood afterwards.

Either way, its best to see a doctor just in case.

3. some_random_guy

some_random_guy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ruptured blood vessels from coughing too much. Nothing too bad, just take a cough suppressant next time.

4. mr. nawtynuff

mr. nawtynuff Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Agree with what some random guy said, however I'd prolly lean more towards an acute respiratory infection; which was exacerbated from the continuous irritation to already inflamed lung tissue due to the constant smoke in the airways. swim has smoked for many years now and have never had bloody phlegm or bloody discharge. I really doubt that the meth made your lung bleed directly but more to do with the irritation from the smoke that most likely stimualted exxcessive hard coughing; thus ruptured bloodvessels = blood or bleeding.

5. kairo

kairo

Reputation Points:
    thx for the feedback so far. Went to the doctor and also told him I'd smoked meth. He said that it was common and that I shouldn't smoke for a week. Offered me to do an xray but then I forgot to make n appointment when I got my meds for the cough. Probably might not be neccesary.
    Either way I'm glad I'm fine (I think) and I know I won't be smoking anmore meht like that. Ordered my V Tower Extreme vaporizer two days ago. I can't wait!!!

6. SmokingBowls420

SmokingBowls420

Reputation Points:
    Swiys lucky as fuck, swim went in for minor check-ups and every time he went in his heart rate became increasingly higher, first 150, 160, and 170, that shit keeps swims heart rate going for a VERY long time....Swim ran out the hospital because he saw a cop outside the building...Swim wish he was able to be straight-forward and ballsy like swiy.