Drug info - Crack: Does it go off? How to store? Diarrhoea normal?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by dat dude, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dat dude

dat dude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sup guys swim kinda new to tha crack thing and want to know if crack goes bad, what a good storage?
    mainly tho when swim breaks it up it turns to powder not all of it but alot that swim can't waste
    last question not me but swim wanted to know if it gives anyone else gas?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  2. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    yes, swim always got the shits from smoking crack. I do not think it would go bad, but if it is crack You is smoking it should be gone by now. I have never heard of someone saving crack for a rainy day. though swim lacks in will power.

3. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LOL, welhelm is right, SWIM never saw crack last long enough to go bad. Usually it's the opposite that tends to be the problem. That's exactly the reason why this is about the only drug that scares the living daylight out of SWIM and most everyone he knows. (The ones that weren't afraid have smoked their houses bank-accounts and cars by now).

Everyone who gets a hit lacks will power.... People who can deal with everything else, including H, lose control on crack.

Anyway, re the question; back in the day the finished product was usually first put in the freezer for a short while (10-15 min) after cooking, to allow it to cool and harden. Next it was left to dry in the open air on a clean coffee filter (under a lamp if need be). When it was dry it was simply put in a closed plastic baggy for safe keeping. Well, for a while anyway.

Do be very careful with that stuff though, there's every reason to be afraid.

4. fatmanstan

fatmanstan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Not everyone does. I used once (well, about 5 times one night) about 6 years ago and that was it. I do have pretty strong will power though.

As a though to storage, it should be less than cocaine, since HCl or other acid salts tend to stabilize substances, but I really don't think coke has limited shelf life. If You really wanted to put some away for the long haul (read: years), and standard storage principles should apply. These are no light, no moisture, kept cool (fridge or freezer). However, like everyone else has said, it will likely get used up before it goes bad.

5. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    H scares SWIM more than a little crack, I used with a couple of people for a 2 month period or so, I could walk away and did and rarely ever gets an urge to try it again. The only time it's hard to say no is when it's sitting in front of you and you've already taken a nice big hit.

SWIM boosts his willpower with the thought that it is, at the end of the day, a waste of money that could be better spent. So a little induglence once in a while as a treat is cool, but all the time is just wrong.

6. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yup, that's hit the nail on the head. I have pretty strong willpower and has tried many things w/o ever getting hooked. The problem with crack is that once one has started smoking it's virtually impossible to stop until it's finished. And then comes the urge to get more, and more... And that goes for everyone SWIM's ever met.

Fortunately, I am strong enough to kick it after a good night's sleep. But that doesn't mean it still isn't tempting, even after several years of abstinence. He has acquaintances who used to be millionaires but smoked everything they owned because they couldn't stop. And these guys weren't idiots either, but smart, educated people. Now they are a mere shadow of their former self.

I believe he should be in control of a drug, and not the other way around. Recreational drugs should (and can) be fun. As soon as it starts to be compulsive the fun is over.

The difference with H is that everyone knows beforehand what can happen, so one would be wise to keep that limited to just a few experiences. Obviously, if one were to start using H on a daily basis he'd be in serious trouble. But as long as one keeps that in mind and uses it once or twice a year or so, the risk to get addicted is not that big. With H there's less urge to keep taking more and more and keep on taking until it's gone.

Crack makes everyone greedy and wanting for more. I don't really like himself that way, because he's usually not greedy at all, but quite the opposite.

I haven’t taken H for many years, and feels no urge whatsoever to go and find some. The last time he took crack was a little over two years ago, and he still longs for a hit on occasion. It’s merely better judgement that keeps him from actually doing it. Feel the difference…?

On one hand it's perhaps 'to good', at the other hand the compulsiveness is really nasty. Either way, it's not to be messed with. I think crack is one of the most dangerous drugs around. You needs to be very sure of himself before venturing into it, and even then there are no guarantees.

7. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I couldn't agree with your more Free Spirit. I too have seen good friends destory themselves with this drug, and it only served to make me stronger. Seeing a friend of mine steal from his family, even the kids PS2 and the way he treated his underseving girlfriend, including running up her card to the max without her knowning was a slap in the face for me, drugs should be fun, and like you said once it is compulsory the fun is gone. A drug should never alter your values and morals, and drive you to steal, belittle and treat with disrespect those who care about you and love you.

8. dat dude

dat dude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    lol it's not that I am saving it it's just that they a friend that gives them the same price they get it at and if they did all of it weekly they would ruin there life and family's life like said above
    still how can i cook it back to turn the powder to a few rocks swim tried doing it on spoon with a touch of bakin soda (should have enough in it) but just turned to this gooey liquid stuff i couldn't get out the water?

9. dat dude

dat dude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    why can't i edit my post???????
    I want to try to recook it with ammonia/base swim read the sticky but it does say how to recook it

10. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Recipe

Newbies cannot edit. You have to be Silver or up. See also rules and credits FAQ.

Americans have a tendency to overcomplicate the making of crack/freebase.

Here's a simple yet effective recipe - for educational purposes. It's all one needs really, unless one likes complicated, elaborate rituals. ;)

Necessities:

- Cocaine hydrochloride
    - Common household ammonia
    - Kitchen paper
    - Coffee filter
    - Gas burner
    - Large spoon or Pyrex glass (dependent op quantity)
    - Small (silver/metal) rod to pick up crack (the narrow back of a teaspoon will do, silver works slightly better)

Procedure:

- Put ammonia in the spoon/glass
    - Put finely chopped coke in ammonia
    - Heat slowly until the coke has melted to an oily drop, then stop.
    - Allow it to cool, whilst dipping the back of the teaspoon into the oily drops. The crack will attach itself to the stem, and it'll harden much quicker.
    - When hard, suck out the ammonia with kitchen paper
    - Rinse a few times in cold, clean water. (if one does this in a glass, refresh water after each rinse).
    - Dry on coffee filter (under a lamp)

Note: some dry it quickly on coffee paper, then place it in a freezer for a short while, then dry completely under a lamp. It tends to get harder that way.

Note: for larger quantities ‘au bain marie’ heating is preferable over heating on a direct flame. Use a Pyrex beaker or tall (heat resistant) tea glass, put that in an au bain marie pan (or place a raster at the bottom of a standard pan) and make sure the water reaches the same level as the ammonia in the glass - not above or the glass will float! (that’s not good) ;) Heat slowly, further follow instructions per above.

Note: with a Pyrex beaker the initial cooling can be done by placing the beaker in water.

HTH.

11. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I hate to seem incredibly stupid, but (and here's the incredibly stupid question) how common is "common household ammonia"? It really doesn't seem to be that common here (UK). I, for one, don't see supermarket shelves laden with it nor have I seen it in any in DIY / Hardware stores. Is it more commonly called something else?

Failing that, does anyone have a recipe for Crack that uses a really common household ingredient like Tomato Soup or Socks?

Klaatu

12. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    On the continent it is very common, and sold in virtually every supermarket and drugstore (usually in red plastic bottles). Not sure how that is in the UK, but solutions of ammonia (5–10% by weight) are commonly used as household cleaners, particularly for glass. It's also excellent to clean surfaces that must be absolutely grease free, like paintwork before applying a new coat. It's hard to imagine it's unknown in the UK, but knowing the use may help find it.

Tomato Soup or Socks are unknown quantities in this respect. :p However, baking soda is a known alternative. It's a bit messier/trickier, but some actually prefer it. One needs to dissolve baking soda in water, after that the recipe is similar (very important is to add BS before adding Coke, since the latter disolves in water!). SWIM forgot the measurements for BS in water, since he found it a hassle and always preferred the simpler and cleaner ammonia. Besides, there's a distinct impression the latter makes the end product stronger. Tobacco companies use(d) ammonia in cigarettes to enhance the delivery of nicotine into the blood stream, so maybe it works here too. Another possibility is that the rocks get harder, whilst with BS there's usually some salt left in there.

If one really can't find ammonia, there are probably some recipes elsewhere on the forum for the BS method. The simplest is usually best.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
    1. 5/5,
      Good info - thanks
      Sep 22, 2006
  13. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks for the information FS. I have seen Ammonia in some cleaning products, but they also contained plenty of other things too - most probably detergents - and I have no idea what effect that would have on the end-result. I am asking these questions purely because it's an interesting subject - naturally I have never tried any of these things. But I have a friend who tried the Baking Soda method a few times all completely unsuccessfully...

Klaatu

14. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You're welcome Klaatu! :cool:

The cleaning products are no good for this purpose. They would probably ruin the end product, and if one would succeed (which is unlikely) it might be dangerously toxic or at the very least taste horrible. It is necessary to use ammonia/ammoniac by itself (wich is in fact a 5 -10% solution per above).

It's a shame really that people are massively buying into all these cleaning 'cocktails' hyped by the industry. The simple, pure products like household vinegar, ammonia and white spirit are almost forgotten, to be replaced by zillions of so called 'magic' products. The latter aren't only 10 or 20 times more expensive, the active ingredient is often still one of the simple old products, mixed with some fragrances, colorants and some vague ingredients. Most everyone seems to have forgotten their parents or grandparents got the job done at least as good or better with just a few of those simple products.

A dash of cleaning vinegar f.i. works just as good as any expensive fabric softener, and it rids the machine from calcium as well (same goes for taps & bathroom tiles etc.) at the cost of ~ €0,60 a liter. But apparently people rather pay through the nose for those 'sexy' modern concoctions. Their loss really, but it's largely a rip-off.

Anyway, this friend should be able to do this with baking soda, with a proper recipe, but as said, I find it rather messy and a bit tricky. Ammonia is way easier. Perhaps he can try to find a few drugstores that still carry those old fashioned cleaning products, or try a chemical supplier. In the (very odd) case that it's totally unobtainable in the UK he could perhaps bring it along after a holiday on the continent...

here and here some additional info on ammonia.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  15. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Klaatu: "Household Ammonia" (9%) is available at a ubiquitous high street chemist in the UK (Think Footwear!). It is non-soapy and used for general cleaning purposes. Just ask for it, and say you have nasty stains on your carpet.

16. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks FS - more useful information which I'll pass on to my friend.

Jat: thanks too. Very useful information with the added advantage of a mental image of you doing the household cleaning wearing just your Marigolds :):)

Klaatu - off to take a cold shower......

17. henryfree

henryfree Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.
    I have searched many threads and cannot find a clear answer to this question:

Which is better to store crack for approx. one month:

airtight glass or metal container? or neither, so what is best?

SWIM ignorantly left nearly an 8ball for 4 days wrapped in paper. SWIM experienced no hit from it when smoked, paper was oily looking so SWIM assumes that was the cocaine. :mad:

SWIM only gets it from one place 200 miles away and rations use to only times that allow for the enjoyment of smoking and the time it takes to sleep off the down time. So SWIM can only enjoy once a month - so I need to store it wisely!

thanks for any advice.

18. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    thanks for resurrecting this 2006 thread.
    please seach threads again using the thread prefix "storing"
    (display options, lower left hand corner)
    b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.