Smoking - crack / freebase cocaine ash

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by klaatu, Feb 26, 2006.

1. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My first post here. Hey, you gotta start somewhere!

Ok then. I am old (I mean like 40!) and has never, ever done any drugs. I don't even smoke cigarettes. But then one day is tempted by a pretty young lady to try crack. Mmmm.... nice. I mean the lady as well as the crack of course :)

So, I had a lot of learning to do and the friendly neighbourhood internet supplies all the answers. Except one. Why do people put the rocks (or in swim's case they are so small he calls them gravel) onto a layer of ash?

I mean I've searched the forums here and found all the references to ash, but no-one actually says +why+ they use ash.

I suspect it's to stop tiny little bits of crack from dropping through the holes / mesh / gauze / whatever. But then what do I know?

People far cleverer than swim say "Use ash", so I use ash. But I don't smoke so getting cigarette ash is a drag (no pun intended. Ok, so I'm a liar - it was!)

Swim will be happier if the clever people here can tell him +why+ ash is o important....

TIA

2. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    You know the answer as you answered it in your own post.........

3. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ah, as simple as that. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

The next question is, is there an ash-free substitute?

Klaatu.

4. The Dr

The Dr Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    the ash is more there for the rocks to melt into before they vapourise than to stop bits actually falling down...if not enough ash is used the melted drop of oil is much harder to vapourise due to much less surface area.

swims seen and used a pipe that was made from a miniture spirit bottle. (used in prisons) it had a hole carfully carved/gouged/scratched through the bottom for sucking and the neck was tightly packed with course wirewool.

The rock was first melted onto the wire without sucking, then the pipe could be smoked without having to keep it 'upright' as it were. the only trouble is getting a restricted enough air flow, which comes through use of the pipe

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    I dont understand why you didnt just go with her and smoke some crack? She will show you an ash free way if you ask her i bet. Just gotta ask her.
    cheers

6. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ok, that's something I hadn't heard / realised before Dr. Thanks.

And thanks also for explaining the thinkng behind the wire wool thing too.

I guess I'll have to do a few field trials to compare the two methods when my pecuniary situation is more advantageous. i.e. when I can afford it....

Klaatu

7. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I strongly suspect she won't know any other way MotorHead. I have apparently seen her friends smoking crack too and they all use ash. Given that I am in England I wonder if the ash-method is a peculiarly British trait.

However I will do as you suggest and ask.

Thanks.

Klaatu

8. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Use a clear glass tube, with an opening at both ends.. You can commonly find these at little ghetto corner stores, with a tiny fake flower in em.. You break off one end, so it is a small glass tube with openings on both ends.. Then take copper scouring pads(chore-boy) and cut off a nice little chunk to slide into the tube (a little bigger than pea sized, as this is where the drug melts into, to hold the crack from sucking down the tube).. Before rolling it up and sticking it in the tube, you should hold it with some pliars and flame it til copper turns red, to burn off the nasty crap on the copper.. Then shove it down inside just far enough to fit a piece of the rock inside... Then have at it.. You will want to use a poker of some sort to poke the screen through the pipe on occasion to soak up the residue that melts down the pipe, and that'll enable you to get most of the smoke out of it.. That is most crackheads preferred method of smoking and the least wasteful in most cases... Also, don't blame me when you start selling your possessions to get that next hit, cause crack can have that effect on some people..

9. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've never seen these over here (UK) Maybe we don't have the right sort of ghettos ;)

Thanks or the explanation of the tube + copper wool (again, we don't have "choreboy" over here - I guess the equivalent is "Brillo") that's pretty much what I've read elsewhere.

Don't worry, I'll only have myself to blame :)

Klaatu

10. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's to prevent the rock from melting down and wasting away. allow it to melt into the ash (or brilla pad) and then smoke away! :)

11. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks for the reply Pinks - can't have any of the precious wasting away!

Any further tips for extracting every last molecule? It's too damn expensive not to make 100% use of!

Someone suggested exhaling into a plastic bag then rebreathing the (now 2nd hand) smoke. Sounds plausible but I didn't know if they were simly takign the piss...

Klaatu

12. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Some say you can drink the piss of somebody on a meth binge too... but you gotta have some standards! :p lol

But seriously, most of the chemical inhaled is absorbed in the first 3 seconds of the "hit" ... I would see the re-cycled air as a unnecisary evil ... when smoking anything you need as much oxygen as possible since you're already depriving yourself of some oxygen with each hit.

13. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just make sure the brillo pads you use are the copper kind, or else you'll get a lungfull of death...

14. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    May I ask why you dont want to use ash? Just curious. I mean it wont do any damage to your lungs, and all the junk has been burned out of it. Theres no taste to it. Not a big deal. Its interesting to see someone at your age looking to experience something like this, most people experiment in their teens or 20's. And you've never done anything else? Man this is gonna rock your world. Let us know how it goes.
    cheers

15. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Naturally I can only speak for SWIM.

Well I suppose it's because I am extremely anti-smoking (by that I mean tobacco) and it's the prospect of having to light a cigarette to get the damn ash in the first place that's SWIM's big problem. Weird, no?

Well, yes. I have never done anything before . Well I smoked part of a cigarette when he was a child and a cigar when he was at university - both times he hated it. No pot, no tablets of any kind. Terribly, terribly normal. Although I do have a slight weakness for a decent bottle of wine, so he's not a saint ;-)

Laughs. Well I wouldn't describe it as earth-rocking just yet. SWIM's first ever smoke of a rock was just before Christmas and his immediate reaction was to say "Is that it? You mean people kill each other for that?" I was, to put it mildy, underwhelmed!

But I like the company (a +very+ attrctive young lady) and so has perservered. I have had crack another twice since then, probably doing four or five rocks each time. To be honest the sensation is growing on him. However, he still wouldn't describe it as earth-rocking. Yet. Maybe he's doing something wrong or the crack's crap.

The up-side is that it kills SWIM's appetite and he could do with losing some weight :)

But I'll keep you up to date.

Klaatu

16. The Dr

The Dr Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hmmm.... chaseing a young girl who likes crack sounds like heading for trouble to me. But i'm not here to make judgements.

swim found that the first few times he tried it he didn't really get any major effect, but maybe this was because of only smoking small rocks.
    If what you smoke is bought from a dealer then its probably shit. I do not advise, but mentions for informational purposes that freebase crack can be easily made from cocaine and ammonia in a spoon. this will be much better than bought rocks.

the pipe matters alot in getting a good hit - a small air chamber is best.

17. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    ^^^ yes but it's easier to use baking soda instead of ammonia to base your cocaine.......swims never bought crack...hes always cooked up his own and thats the best way to do it is to do it yourself....

18. Motorhead

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Yes this will totally impress the girl if swim can base his own gear!:cool:

19. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Laughs. Yep - I'll probably get into more trouble over her than any piffling class A drugs! :)

Something else new to me - what the heck's a small air chamber?

Klaatu

20. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Oh yes, it would be very impressive as Swim either blinded himself with the ammonia or blew himself up! He's on Crack 101 still, so might be better to leave that until he first has clue what he's doing.

But it begs the question if Swim's being advised to cook his own crack because the quality of dealt crack is so poor how does he know he's getting decent cocaine to make it from? I keep reading threads that bemoan the quality and complain that it's all cut to hell. Surely trying to make crack with very cut coke isn't going to work.....

Klaatu