1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Storing - Crack shelf life

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Jollypotplant, May 2, 2005.

1. Jollypotplant

Jollypotplant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've tryed seaching, but only could find information regarding storing coke.

How long do you think it would be possible to store crack in glass viles inside a dark cool closet before it loses any potency?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2008
  2. just12b4gotn

just12b4gotn Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have never heard of anyone storing crack anywhere but in their stem. Perhaps this is because of the highly addictive nature of the substance. If anyone tells you that they have stored it this way or that way, there is a pretty good chance that they are lying to you.
    But... on the odd chance that they are not, store in a sealed container away from heat and light. The use of dessicant bags would be helpful.These are the little bags found in some medicine bottles and in boxes of new electronics. (silica gel)

3. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    115 y/o from U.S.A.
    I wouldn't think you'ld need a desicant for Rock. It
    should stay good for quite a while; certainly longer
    than powder.

4. Inva1id

Inva1id Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think it largely depends on: A) What the cutting agents are, and, B)
    How much of it is cut (percentage based; 25%, 50% and such). I'm sure
    that weighs greatly on how long it will stay "fresh". Honestly though,
    I don't know if it's more pure it will keep longer or if it's less
    pure. Good question to ask someone who has the kind of money to run
    that experiment. Haha.[​IMG]

5. henryfree

henryfree Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.
    I am certain this thread will be merged, but when searching for "shelf life" i get this with 2 other threads but referring to powder.

I believe times have changed the quality of crack since 2005, and I want to know the shelf life for 2009 crack. So with a little money and patience I am researching this first hand.

SWIM purchased an 8ball of crack, cooked with no cut other than soda and coke (I am sure this is cut too). Has had it stored in a sealed glass container in a box so no light gets to it. I have had it now for 22 days, just checked on it. I find it to be very hard and still appears the same as the day it was bought.

I will do a smoke test once it's been 30 days.

Will report back with results. SWIM realizes some may feel 30 days is short (joke) but it's a start. I would post a photo but hasn't taken the time to figure out how.