Creepy names

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Creeping Death, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Who thinks of the strain name for various weeds? Some of them are pretty creeoy. Like "White Widow". It sounds dangerous. Whats the deal with that?

The name is supposed to be something like "Lithium Flower" or "Moonglow" or something instead of some creepy sounding stuff like the one mentioned above.

2. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Why does that sound dangerous? When i hear that i think mmmm goodness. That would be a plesent supprise to get that. Do u also find White Rhino to be scarry?

Muirner

3. AcmeSewageCo

AcmeSewageCo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hah... The people who think of the strain names are the ones who breded that particular strain... I suppose whatever they have on their mind after smoking that particular bud... Begins to think... "Hey... Yeah... Hmm... Perhaps... Yes... I'll call this orange chronic 'blue moonshine'." Then run to their friends and exclaim, "try blue moonshine it's by far the mad notes" and everyone says, "horrid name... call it... The Blue Jeffrey Dahmer; because this shit just cuts up yourthought process like no other fucking strain out there! Woo hoo!!!"

Haha... But yeah... Some strains have selective names... But they don't mean anything except for identification purposes... Herouana is a good one ;-). I think it was called that because they say its like a mixture of heroin and bud... Interesting concept... Haha... Cheers [​IMG].

4. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Killer skunk

5. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'v found this quote on the SeriousSeeds website, the breeders of the well-known AK-47 :
    "The name was given not out of any idea of violence, but more in association with the ‘one hit wonder’ that the smoke is."

The same explanation suits certainly to explain the origins of the White Widow [​IMG]

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    There are creepy names, just as there are pleasant names. Has anyone heard of fisherman's friend? I love the name of the weed because it sounds so peaceful and tranquil.

7. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I guess what the seed banks are trying to do is give an analogy of how strong their seeds are. It is merely a marketing gimmic, if you want, name your bud whatever you want, and as long as you don't tell, I don't see how anyone would find out. Is herouana the sativa mixed with the poppy? lol

8. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a weed like white widow deserve a more fierce sounding name.

I remember ordering 2 grams of it , and rolling a normal joint with it , well normal in skunk terms. Dunno how i got home afterwards but i was dangerously stoned behind the wheel that time.

We had to drive past some roadside construction in the dark on an unlit piece of road. There's was like 100m of those blinky lights to alert the drivers , and the fuckers were timed so 1 light would be on for halve a sec turn off and then the next light and so on. Was like sitting in a rollercoaster and i couldnt stop watching it... I'll never forget my first white widow joint.. :)

9. AcmeSewageCo

AcmeSewageCo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Naw... Herouana is supposedly a knock out strain... With THC contents reaching the average of 35%... Which is very high... Read the Cannibible... Cheers [​IMG].

10. truestbet

truestbet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would never take the chance of ordering some high quality seeds, people everywhereare growing budjust as good as the seeds you can buy.Maybeif I could take a trip to NL i would buy some.Who's to say thatthe 25th generation cross pollinatedsativa that the local guy is growin isn't just as good or better than the high priced seeds. Who is going to promise me that my thc will be over 30%? I could grow some Herouana and might only get 15% thc, depending on how things go. 35% under what kind of light? 1200w hps? Or are the strains really that much better ?

11. AcmeSewageCo

AcmeSewageCo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The AVERAGE is 35%... There is no guarantee to a fantastic strain... But that's the average for the content under "lab tests"... It's like the pursuit of happiness statement written by the ol' founding fathers... Americans are not guaranteed happiness... But are given the chance to pursue it... The same general principal applies for this... You have the POTENTIAL chance... And are offered the pursuit of 35%... Does not mean you will get it... Comprende? Cheers [​IMG].