1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dose - Crushing ritalin then sublingual?

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Kiddycrack, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Kiddycrack

Kiddycrack Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM is wondering that if he crushs up his Ritalin (IR i think) then putting the powder under his tongue that it will be a quicker better high? opposed to snorting it?

2. KNiFe

KNiFe Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    If SWIY crushes the Ritalin (methylphenidate) before placing under SWIYour tongue, it will be harder to keep under it, and therefore instead of being absorbed by the veins into your bloodstream, it will most likely be swallowed. Into the stomach. And then absorbed that way.

SWIM believes that sublingual administration of methylphenidate is a good method, but she thinks it would be wise to place the whole tablet under the tongue if it is indeed instant release IR pill.

3. Kiddycrack

Kiddycrack Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    IR if crushed is all powder correct? SWIM was also wondering how long should he keep the tablet under his tongue for best effects?

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Try it out. See how long it takes. Come back and tell us what happened.

5. Kiddycrack

Kiddycrack Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just told his dog that it takes roughly 10-15 mins to be down to a powder under the tongue and is currently on 3 Ritalin IR 10mg sublingual and about to insufflate 1 plus smoke some hash plant :D should be a good night SWIM said

6. Veksul

Veksul Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    My human test robot reported that sublingual administration of MPH appeared to take about 5-10 minutes as a powder to fully be absorbed, when compared to about insufflation which abosorbed at a quicker rate. (majority is absorbed when it determined marked numbness start to decrease; numbness would also only present itself at about 3-5 minutes while sucking under tongue vigorously) It claimed a virtually equivalent concentration of methylphenidate as compared to the insufflation RoA up his robonostrils, though with slightly less of a spiky rush.

My quirky robot advised that sucking the substance under the tongue is KEY to quicken absorption. Otherwise it would have a soup of saliva and methylphenidate floating around other less absorbable tissues in the mouth, thus also requiring a more thorough water rinse to clean the mouth of the remaining substance.

Sublingual RoA for methylphenidate is RoboRecommended, due to increase in effective absorption compared to oral, and less damaging to circuit tissue than robonostrils.

Though I do still catch my rampant robot abusing laboratory MPH by both insufflation and sublingual administration..

7. Kannandstuff

Kannandstuff Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm kind of off topic here sorry. What I wanted to ask is it normal for SWIMs tongue to have minor spasms while doing sublingual methylphenidate ir?

8. Holydiver

Holydiver Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Your putting your tongue in a weird spot so small spasms may occur if held in the same position for extended amount of time. Kiddycrack recommends that you take breaks in between each dose and to drink lots of water to help prevent it from spasming.