Crying for no reason

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Wyborowa, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have realized in the past that whenever swim smokes pot for a lenghty period of time, that in about 3-4 months, some days, swim just breaks down and cries...for no reason...Swim just thinks of all the bad shit in my life and swim cries and cries....this happen to anybody else?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Perhaps the title of this thread is inaccurate. Perhaps I do have a reason for the tears. Marijuana is classified as a minor psychedelic - meaning it brings to the surface material from one's subconscious.

I would be advised to take a good look at what is at the root of this. A good councilor or psychologist, that SWIM can trust and open up to, might be an enormous asset to SWIM to help resolve the root cause of the emotions.

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with crying. But it shouldn't happen as a predictable event when smoking pot. This indicates a need for help.

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    This reaction is commonly known as 'depression'.

4. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    swim constantly suffers from bouts of varying degrees of depression. He has for 8 years. Started roughly the same time he started smoking pot... go figure. Who knew that taking reefer madness seriously could have saved swim from a life of shame and peril? :| Maryjane is a strange substance that way. Sometimes it would ease his symptoms, and other times it would potentiate them to no end.

Either way, depression and pot go hand in hand. Some say for good and some for worse, just depends what side of the fence you are on. So one can either smoke it or lay off. It's just a matter of when the depression is hardest to cope with.

5. Darthcarlos

Darthcarlos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Yeah pot can amplifie emotions pretty intensly.

I cried for the first time in around 3 months today and it was just after i had my after work spliff.

I have something to be sad about but i freaked out a little to much.

6. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think You is right, this happens to me alot, even when swim stops toking for months, his mood fluctuates like every month...but when I am toking during swims deppresive period, he cries and; as someone else posted, amplify the feeling....

What should I talk to swims shrink about?

btw: I am currently taking:
    300mg Wellbutrin XL
    1mg Klonopin 3x's a day (brand name too!:D)
    8mg Suboxone once a day which swim plugs just about everyday...

I take all his meds as directed, except for the plugging instead of S/L suboxone.

And I do have something to be sad about...Swim broke up w/ his g/f of 2 yrs about 2 months ago...and My having a hard time getting a new one...My ex was great, she was infatuated with swim, sex was great we had great communication when it came to sex, she would massage swims back simply by asking, and she really was swims only "true" friend. Swim broke up with her so I could experience OTHER types of girls, swims' ex didn''t take it lightly. Now swim can't find a girl and I has 2 or 3 enemies that he has to keep his eye on. My attractive n all, but meetinig a nice girl is hard...

Thanks for letting swim vent...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, thanks for all the veiws i guess...

8. The Doors

The Doors Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Wybrowa; I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything but if you are taking the breakup so hardly perhaps it is a bit due to yourself? You chose to find other girls to have fun over the companionship of someone you enjoyed, that is something to be sad about. We all make mistakes and the best is to learn from them.

9. ExpandYourOutlook

ExpandYourOutlook Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    man up! Just kidding bro hope you get through it.

1. 3/5,
      in the future look at the date of the thread...dont bump old threads with pointless one liners
      Sep 27, 2012
  10. upsanddowns

upsanddowns Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    Dude, ur just depressed. If u want to experience some real drug induced depression try heroin or meth. Then u will know what its really like to feel alone and hate yourself.

1. 3/5,
      Unsupportive post that provided careless advice
      Oct 14, 2012
  11. JJ1234

JJ1234 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know this is old but I have something to add. I used marijuana almost daily for over ten years. When i quit my emotions came out and i was crying an awful lot. I mean to go from a cloud to real life sucks.

Anyway just wanted to say that it is the complete opposite for me. Also i have been diagnosed with bi-polar since quitting and depression is unfortunately a part of this disease. I was self medicating and doing a hell of a job at it IMO.