Crystal THC

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Insanoscopic, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Insanoscopic

Insanoscopic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was reading about it recently, apparently it was popular in the late 70's.. powderish coke-like stuff that's usuallysnorted.

¿is it still around? i dont know anyone who's tried it before, and i can't find much about it on drug info sites.

2. dags

dags Newbie

Reputation Points:
    keef?

3. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think you're talking about potent marijuana with alot ofcrystals all over it,the crystals and the hairs have the mostTHC. i have heard stories from people who said the weed was so chronic you could shake the bud and the crystals would fall off, and if you had enough you could do bumps and get stoned.

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think what he is refering to is keef. Keef is the crystals on in marijuana that fall of into some type of collector so that later on you can smoke them. There are a few different type of keef catchers out there.

First there is the 3 chamber grinder. 1 chamber has the "blades", 1 has the ground up weed, and a bottom small chamber (under a screen) holds the THC crystals. The way to do it is, put the weed in the top grind it, and then shake the grinder around sothe THC excess falls through the screen and into the bottom holder.Pros of this method is that you will get THC crystal buildup, and be able to smoke it. Cons: Build up takes for ever, Grinders like this are expensive.

Second there is a "box": It looks like an incense burner thing. Picture one of those, and then have a screen in it, with the bottom portion being for keef, and the top portion being for weed. (the one my friend had) Didnt have air holes in the top of it, so when you shut it it was closed. The way that his worked is he broke up weed over/ontop of the screen and let the keef go through. Store it up for a while and then you have a nice additive to your blunts or what ever.

The thing about the previous two ways to get keef is that they will take a good amount of time to collect keef. There is one method that i do know of that works really good, and you will collect keef real quick.

Go to your local bennies, walmart, k-mart, job lot you name it someplace like that. Go to the home appliences section and look at the coffee grinder. The one that i like has a slanted face, and is very simple. The top is like a dome, but has a slanted face (not very big slanted setion). Anyways it costs 10$ from bennys.

The way that the grinder works is, throw a bud into the top, cap it and run it. You can get different sizes for the bud with time and experience. Meaning if you are rolling a blunt you can grind it up a little smaller, bowls the opposite. Also stems dont get shreaded up into the weed. They separate out. The keef will collect onto the top of the grinder lid and provide you with lots of keef.

Personally i had a friend who used the grinder i just spoke of. After grinding up ~2-3oz, he had a big baby food jar full, and 3/4 of another one. That is anINSANE amount of keef from that amount of weed.

Now you know how to get keef. Lets talk about how to use it.

You can smoke keef, but my reccomendation, is to pack 1/2 a bowl, then put a thin layer on it, pack the other 1/2 and another thin layer of keef on the very top. Use a lighter with an ajustable flame (the only time i dont use a bic) make the flame as small as you can (about 1/2 to 1/4 the size of a bic standard flame). Light just the corrner of the bowl (if your sharing it) and inhale. The smoke will taste and smell almost spicy. The high will be very intense. You can also sprinkle it on a blunt joint or anything like that. Just know a little bit goes a real long way. Full blunts and joints of keef are off the wall, expect to be extremely high, and loving it.

I just got the thought, what if you cooked with it. Sense it's not bud you could just throw the keef into the cake mixture and then cook it like that, of course use some regular weed to supplament (cook the weed in the oil) and cook like normal. I'm sure this would be very intense.

So there is my schpeel on keef.

Muirner

5. Insanoscopic

Insanoscopic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, maybe that's it alright. I read about it in an biography of Iggy Pop, apparently some groupie came intoa backstage room with a baggie of white powder and offered it around, apparently Iggy, thinking it was coke, did about six lines of it, where supposedlyone line would do the job.. he then went into convulsions or some sort of paralytic state, was dragged onstage, band started playin' and all the while, Iggy's writhing around the floor at the front of the stage..

That's rock n roll..

6. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    my friend used to get vacumed sealed "slabs" of keef

gave swim a headache. Crumbly blond hash

7. pancho

pancho Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    keef is the stuff. especially out of a vaporizer. now thats an experiance everyone needs to try

8. Insanoscopic

Insanoscopic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    man... sounds pretty damn good. i think before this year's over i'm gonna head to "the dam"... my mouth is watering just thinking about it... goddamn it. the best smoke i can get my hands on is Jack Herer, or AK47 and that's very rarely, and it's €10 a gram.

9. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well if he started going into convlusions isn't it pretty damn obvious that it wasn't THC he snorted?

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Kief does NOT look like Coke.

The Iggy Pop story doesn't sound right. I have seen several strains of Kief. All of them were Green (or Yellow or Brown) ... not White. I called a Cannabis Buyers Club; they (who have seen it all) said: (1) White is NOT a color Kief could be; (2) If it was White, it wouldn't break-up on a mirror like Coke; and (3) Snorted Kief would not affect a person like that (especially an experienced Druggie like Iggy Pop).

One problem in the Drug world is, since it's illegal, there are no Standards (and no Labelling requirements on baggies). This World is trust-based: If I buy some Pot ... it IS Pot. The ONLY time I was betrayed was one time when Simon had me smoke a "Joint"; he said that it was ass-kicking Weed. Later, after I was hurled into a different Universe, he told me that it was laced with Angel Dust (PCP). Thanks a lot, Simon (and I DON'T mean it).

So, for me, the Trust System has worked (and also with LSD, I always got it when I bought it). I am a lucky man.

11. Kittyofftitty

Kittyofftitty Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    SWIM's dad used to extract pure THC oil from marijuana (he was a chemistry major) that I think could be used in many ways. Maybe there is a way to make this oil into a powder which you should be able to get high off by snorting.

12. cwazybwo

cwazybwo Newbie

Reputation Points: