Opinions - Cyclizine

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by darkglobe, Mar 13, 2007.

1. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This may be a mickey-mouse topic and thread, but I recently watched trainspotting for the second time, and now I know what Cyclizine is, I picked out it's name in a list of drugs mentioned in the film.

I wonder... do you think any average, lowlife heroin addict would know what Cyclizine is??

~Dark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, the above doesn't imply that the average heroin addict is a lowlife, I actually meant: "take a lowlife heroin addict who mugs old ladies to score, you think he'd know what it is?" I meant an average LOWLIFE addict, not an average heroin addict.

Just wanted to clear it up before I inadvertently start an argument.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Cyclizine in the media

It seems cyclizine is used in medicine in the UK mixed with morphine. So I'd say it is more likely a heroin or other user of opiates would know of it - in the UK. In the USA - not as likely. More likely kids who take such as dramamine motion-sickness pills for a high might. Marketed as Marezine for motion-sickness in the USA - it did enjoy small-scale popularity with the sort of kids you'll find in hospital having their stomachs pumped.

3. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  4. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Cheese? That's a new one on me!

Fair point, Nag. I didn't know that. Seems you Americans know more than we think :p

Incidentally, saw Governer Schwarzenneger (sp??) on BBC news today. He's more clued up on Britain's efforts to combat global warning than Tony Blair! Shame about the chin though.

Anyhoo... Thanks be to snapper, I've actually posted somewhere in the codeine forum about how Diphenhydramine potentiates Codeine, but nobody agreed with me. Ah well. Life's a bitch and then you marry one :(

~Dark

5. Habit

Habit Silver Member

Reputation Points:

It is in Lord Girths most humble opinion that haters are tip-toeing around bigotry. The Lord and his girl were harassed several times last summer while traveling through Western Europe. One incident escalated to a fistfight. All this for simply living within the States. LG admits that he maybe overreacting to the quote above, but the least he can do is raise awareness that not all US citizens are obesse Nazi Cowboys with the accumulated IQ of a 3rd grade special education classroom. Anyways, the Lord is sorry for the tangent (haven't had his daily Speedball Cocktail of Sorts yet).

WD from cheese is very possible.

6. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Just to clear it up: My apologies, and even though no offence was intended, it is indeed (unfortunately) true that the large majority of American know very little about anything outside of their country.

I'm sorry to say it, but it's actually fact (I read the figures somewhere).

But I re-iterate: NO, I never said Americans were stupid. They just tend to exist in their own bubble.

But anyway.... Cylcizine.....

I started a stupid thread anyway.

7. Habit

Habit Silver Member

Reputation Points:

The Lord would love to see those figures; if you have a link to them. Not that he doesn't believe it to be true... LG personally doesn't submit to being called an "American" or labeled as being a citizen of the "United States of America." He is a Washingtonian and is loyal to his soil but not to the Empire that wrongfully claims this region as a “United State,” and rapes us of our natural rights as humans, for their selfish own purposes. True Americans are placed in "reservations" like the ones denoted to endangered wildlife... What’s this say to you about how much the Empire cares for the condition or knowledge enrichment of it’s inhabitants? The bubble you speak of is real but outsiders lack a true understanding unless subjected to it for their whole life like many here are.

(Sorry for the tangent and going off topic)

8. ConcertaXL

ConcertaXL Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o
    Cyclizine is the anti-sickness ingredient in an extremely rare strong narcotic which used to be injected by many UK heroin addicts (pink tablets marked "3FA") until its prescription for maintenance of dependency was banned for all doctors except for a few specially licensed ones. This is why Renton and his friends would know of it. For the record the other unusual drugs in the speech are chlormethiazole: Heminevrin, a drug with benzo-like sedative properties which is uncontrolled in Britain and dextromoramide: Palfium, another exceptionally strong painkiller which is now discontinued.

9. nick23

nick23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you've tried diconal,you've tried cyclazine.

10. CrimsonGarth

CrimsonGarth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Cyclizine is mixed with IV morphine in hospitals for 2 reasons...you need less morphine for it to be effective and most people don't have a tolerance to opiates, so it also stops feelings of nausea and reduces chance of sickness.
    It potentiateseems Codiene and Kratom......so would imagine it does the some for other opiate types.
    As for its availability to buy in England, it's prettyUchida left the chemists discretion as the controls on it have been relaxed.
    Some will sell you it some won't

As for it being a powerfull drug on its own is highly unlikely unless taken to the extream

CrimsonGarth added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Sorry for the above mistakes, predictive txt isn't always beneficial

CrimsonGarth added 9 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Whilst on the trainspotting drugs, heminiverin/clomethiazole 192mg is something else. Older GP,s would prescribe it but a modern GP would not.
    It's claim to fame in modern culture is that it was probably that mixed with Alcohol the killed Keith Moon (drummer from the who).
    I guess the real reason it's not a drug of choice for anyone, is because it's generally prescribed for the elderly and only in a controlled environment but most of all it comes in the form of a jelly type capsule, so it's not easy to make snide copies of it, like people do with Blues

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016