Drug info - cyclopentamine help

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by azrael2600, Nov 26, 2006.

1. azrael2600

azrael2600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was on the net researching cyclopentamine,, but I could not find much info on it.
    does You have any info on this stimulant drug that might be of help to swim.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. azrael2600

azrael2600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    both would be helpfull.

3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cyclopentamine is a stimulant drug structurally related to methamphetamine, wherein the aromatic phenyl ring is replaced with a cyclopentane ring. Due to its strong vasoconstricting properties, cyclopentamine is typically found in over-the-counter nasal decongestant swabs. When ingested in sufficient quantities, it produces effects similar to amphetamine. Cyclopentamine-containing products are primarily marketed and distributed in Europe. It is not currently listed as a controlled substance in the United States.

Cyclopentamine:
    C9H18N
    [​IMG]

Propylhexedrine:
    C10H21N
    [​IMG]

They seem very similar!
    I am also very interested in this.

4. Ranke

Ranke Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Time to bring this back from the dead. Swim just found out about both propylhexedrine and cyclopentamine. He is going to go buy some benzedrex inhalers tomorrow and see what they are like. These also look promising as a precurser to many other drugs. I am not up on his organic chemistry. But is there any reason why the cyclopentane or cyclohexene group can't be broken off and replaced with a phenyl group? One more uneducated guess, could a doc analoge be built off these cyclo___ groups?

5. kratomfreak

kratomfreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am trying to figure out if it is sold OTC by any brand names.

6. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Bump..

Recreational use of cyclopentamine isn't documented at all (at least not online). It looks quite promising and it would be great if this forum had some info on it.

I e-mailed the Ministry of Public Health in my country to give me information about cyclopentamine. I am still awaiting their answer.

7. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Cyclopentamine looks very interesting indeed..swim just had a recent experince with propylhexidine that was extremely euphoric. he has a cross tolerance to 40mg amphetamine daily(he skipped his dose that day)and he still experinced profound stimulant effects from one inhaler. This made swim skepticle as to how thoroughly the DEA was with the scheduling of stimulants,because pph isnt just un-scheduled its over the counter. more info on cyclopentamine is needed on the forum. does anyone know about any over the counter preperations of cyclopentamine? meanwhile I will check erowid...

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Just because something resembles the structure of something that does such and such, does not make it do this and that. Just a minor variation - to a chemical layman - can be the difference between life and not alive.

Has cyclopentamine - Cyclopentanyl-2-n-methylpropylamine (one possible) been tested in animals? Got the results? Toxicity? LD50? etc?

It doesn't work this way. Does KCNO have the same effects if you drop the 'O'? (KCN)

9. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    You are correct nagognog, but usually chemicals with similar structures behave in somewhat of the same way. Mostly depending on which part changes. If it's the part that will bind with receptors then no it will have very different effects. However, if you look at opiates it's very easy to tell that you can change a structure a ton(morphine or codeine) and still have very similar effects. Also, since propylhexadrine clearly has a similar mechanism of action as methamphetamine(swim's only taken amph and benzedrex not meth though), then this substance is promising, and considering it is an OTC product odds are testing has been done. This does not mean it's safe in high levels, but it does mean that it's relatively safe to try.

10. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am sure that pph has been a big hush up thing with the dea,like dxm.in the 1980's pdr it says dxm causes euphoria but the 00 and up dont say this.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    That wasn't the DEA! That was the pharmaceutical industry! The DEA works - partly - for the pharmaceutical industry. Come on! Get a grip people.

Why would the agency that could make a few bucks busting people want the drug's possible euphoric qualities hidden?? Now think why the makes and sellers of this drug (making $zillions$) would want to keep it saleable? Hello? Anybody home? Knock! Knock!

As for your argument, ironmics - never, ever feed experimental molecules, based on an assumption, to anyone I know.

12. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Don't you just love conspiracy theorists? Did you know the government invented cocaine during the great depression so people could have jobs busting people for using it? Ok sorry I'm done

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nope. It was before the Great Depression. And they fed it to black people to get them to work faster on the docks of New Orleans and other southern cities. After they got tired of seeing black people jump around on cocaine - then they outlawed it. And started working on more powerful handgun cartridges* for the police because a couple .38 rounds wouln'e drop a cocaine-fueled person. Geesh! Ya wonder why?

If you think I'm kidding - you're in for a ride, babe! It's true.

So you could argue that outlawing drugs caused the Great Depression.

* the .357 Magnum round was developed to shoot blacks who were high on cocaine.

14. monkeygone2heaven

monkeygone2heaven Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    info on cyclopentamine? any experiences?

a while ago in the propylhexedrine basics threat it was mentioned that "cyclopentamine" is being similar to ppx but available in Europe. there was a recent thread about it as well. but the main question remains unanswered.

specifically does anyone know what drugs contain this that is available and in which countries? as in brand names... and is it prescription or OTC? not asking for sources just drug info.

already seems clear you can't get it in USA (but can get ppx as benzedrex)

also if You have experience with cyclopentamine (not ppx) could You please post?

thanks in advance,

monkey.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  15. Drakzon

Drakzon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: info on cyclopentamine? any experiences?

I found this one Wikipedia when reading the propylhexedrine info there I am pasting the paragraph below:

Cyclopentamine is a stimulant drug structurally related to methamphetamine, wherein the aromatic phenyl ring is replaced with a cyclopentane ring. Due to its strong vasoconstricting properties, cyclopentamine is typically found in over-the-counter nasal decongestant swabs. When ingested in sufficient quantities, it produces effects similar to amphetamine. Cyclopentamine-containing products are primarily marketed and distributed in Europe. It is not currently listed as a controlled substance in the United States.

I think it sounds like a very interesting drug, and am definitly considering looking on the internet for european pharmacies that might ship this drug to the USA, since it is currently unscheduled in the USA at least according to Wikipedia

16. gmeziscool2354

gmeziscool2354 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    bump

it seems to swim that any ring arangement with an alpha methyl ethyl amine is psychoactive. they seem to hit the same receptor as amphetamine.

propylhexedrine is a psuedo phenethylamine, being cyclohexane instead of an aromatic ring

so question, any one heard of recreational value of cyclopentane?

I want to try to invest in some, since he has found it can be very cheap to obtain completely legally. according to the only report hes heard its euorpe's replacement for benzedrine. anything info would be nice