1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Pharmacology - D-Amphetamine salt combo in high doses, is it possible to test positive for meth?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Adeline, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Adeline

Adeline Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recently had a hair drug test result come back positive for meth, but at the very low end of the spectrum....after the cut off, of course :(

I heard that d-amphetamine salt combo pills in high dosage can cause a positive hair test for meth, because the filler in this generic form of adderall actually contains d-methamphetamine. Can anyone please confirm? Or ideally, confirm and point me to a reputable source? I'd love to be able to slap that in this lab's face, but I only want to do so if I can prove it. I have to call them in less than 8 hours, please help me out!

2. izzy31

izzy31

Reputation Points:
    It should spark a meth positive test if thats what theyre testing for. Its just as detacable but also alot easier to get a doc to vouch for if you can find one willing to perscribe it to you.

3. Adeline

Adeline Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I do have a prescription for d-amphetamine salt combo 20mg twice a day, so you're saying that is what caused the positive meth result? For the life of me, I can NOT figure anything else out.

Adeline added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

I can't seem to find any definitive answers on any website concerning this, do you know of any documentation I can use to back this up?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012