Daily DXM use

Discussion in 'DXM' started by YoItsJohn, Nov 30, 2006.

1. YoItsJohn

YoItsJohn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    SWIM and his roommate took DXM for the first time a month or so ago, then tried it again the following week, and again a few days later. SWIM and his friend then decided, after taking DXM every 2 or 3 days that it'd be fun to have a "tussin week" and took DXM daily for one week and now do it atleast 5, no more than 6 days weekly. Does anyone know of others like SWIM and his roommate doing DXM daily, and is it really that dangerous?

2. YoItsJohn

YoItsJohn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    anybody have any input? id like to see some feedback...
    swIm's gettin ready to go out and get a little tussin for this
    evening...

3. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I used to use dxm almost daily at one time in his life, it made his cognitive abilities suffer and also his memory, they recovered after stopping though. I would greatly advise against using it daily becuase you never know what damage you're doing to your brain cells....

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
  5. shroomster100

shroomster100 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah SWIM here takes DXM almost daily usually in small doeses raning from 100mg to 200mg just to enhance his High from good old jane but on occasion he chooses to trip on DXM alone without jane but now SWIM realizes hes a lil slower these days I wonder why

6. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've posted many times in this forum about swim's past DXM addiction. I took 6mg/kg to 12mg/kg daily for about two years. She seems to have recovered, but it was a long and painful process. She experienced significant cognitive decline and she had very severe depression upon discontinuation. It was also an EXTREMELY difficult habit to break if You is heading in that direction which it sounds as if he is even if that is not his intention. It really is best to keep it down to once every few weeks if You insists on using regularly. Tolerance occurs very quickly and soon You will lose the pleasurable effects of the drug and it takes FOREVER for the tolerance to go down. It's not just a "wait a few weeks" type of thing. It takes months and months. I have not used DXM for about a year now and still has very significant tolerance as she found with a recent experience. It's gone down some and some of the "magic" is back, but does You really want to be forced to go that long without being able to experience any pleasant effects from the DXM?

Also, swim suggests that if You is going to be doing this with regularity then You should consider the "agent lemon" process and extract the DXM to do away with all of the gunk in cough medicine. That stuff can be very hard on he digestive system and is something to look out for. Swim finally tried this during the past week and found the trip to be much cleaner, smoother, and mostly void of the unpleasant side effects she used to experience.

I understand the enthusiasm of finding a drug you really, really enjoy. But, if You wants to keep it as a drug he really enjoys then it would be wise to use moderation.

And, yes, the cognitive decline is really a bitch. I'm not sure if I believe in the "lesion theory" or that it causes permanent brain damage. But, it does take quite a long time to return to normal functioning. It also has a tendency to put one on an emotional rollercoaster which just is not fun.

Tell You to be careful and use good judgment. I also suggest you read the famous "DXM FAQ" which forthesevenlakes linked to a section of. It's very long, but if You is going on this journey he should read ALL of it. It contains the answers to basically any question you could ever come up with concerning this compound. Best of luck.

7. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The most I have ever done DXM was four times in one week. He took 2nd plateau doses twice and 3rd plateau doses twice. He suffered no noticeable cognitive or memory impairment. He does use pure DXM HBr powder dissolved in ethanol, however - no cough medicine or Agent Lemon for him. I do believe daily use would be bad for his brain in the long run (but perhaps no worse than daily alcohol use).

I have a hypothesis about DXM "tolerance", why it takes so long to wear off, and why the DXM FAQ mentions the "fifty trip limit". I don't think it is tolerance, per se - there's no doubt that tolerance builds up with regular use, but I don't believe that's the entire story.

One's body will try to compensate for any drugs that alter your system. Use benzos too often, and one's body with ramp up the central nervous system to try and return to "normal" - so much so that withdrawal can cause panic attacks and seizures. Use meth too often, and one's body does the opposite - leading to depression and fatigue upon cessation.

I suspect that any "tolerance" one has to DXM is due to one's brain learning to compensate for being in a dissociated anesthetic state. My test subject has found that he still feels the full stimulant and anaesthetic effects from a normal dose, but can move around much better on high doses (far less robo-walking) and has less powerful CEVs than before. I suspect this is due to his body and mind learning to compensate for the state he is in after repeated use.

But it's just a hypothesis based on Swim's experience. He has no chemical or biological data to back it up.

ECL

8. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
  9. saintsfan

saintsfan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I am starting daily and feels like the amount increase needed may be harmful.

10. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well gee if you think its harmful... slow down? I hate to repeate what has already been said but regular DXM use can be harmful!