Dare Swim?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Trebor, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from ireland
    I have decided he wants to do Ayahuasca, but before he does he'd like to know wheter or not the guy in the head shop was right about making Swim bring him back information on Ayahuasca to prove he was worthy and to make sure he was doing it for spiritual growth. As I do all his drugs for spiritual growth he thought this might be some thing worth looking in to as when he bought Mushrooms or Salvia it was always "Thank you, come again". But as he was so reluctant to sell to Swim, Swim thought he should look into Ayahuasca and see as to wheter otr not he should do it. And he has decided he should. So, what advice do you all have for Swim. Bearing in mind this will be his first trip.

2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I find it both surprising and heartening that a head shop owner was acting so responsibly.
    Ayahuasca is in a different league to both of these drugs especially due to the potential risks of MAOIs.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  3. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The head shop owner probably doesn't want to see kids do stupid things that get in the paper and make drugs look bad. He especially doesn't want a bad incident to be traced back to his store.

Whats best about this guy though is it seems he wants people to use psychedelics for a reason, not just to get messed up and see "trippy shit". Thats a good thing. Above all, I advocate the use of psychedelic drugs for personal exploration, spiritual discovery, and other beneficial things.

If only more people were like that, and didn't try to sell legal highs as "trippy shit" or "you'll have a blast on it man" as I see so often in certain places. It just adds to the stereotype of a recreational drug-user as someone who just does it for the pleasure and doesn't think about his actions, and etc etc etc.

Anyways, as to the question. Did you use the search? Did you check erowid? Try those. There are many reports on both sites of using Ayahuasca, including first-timers. You may also want to check the file-archive. There are some videos and other multimedia on it that you may find useful.

Best advice I can give other than to research using those options is to be serious about it. Have a trip sitter. Truly contemplate why you are doing this and how willing you are to accept any negative consequences that may emerge from your actions. Then meditate a bit, take a deep breath, clear your mind, and let yourself go when the drug hits.

4. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Its a shame all head shop owners arem't this responsible.

5. Trebor

Trebor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from ireland

I hate people like that. Swim's cousion is just like that. He tries to find the drug that'll give him the best "buzz" for the least money. Complete idiot, he's overdosed more time then I can recall.

And yes, I have searched Erowid, this forum, wikipedia and any other site you can think of. Yet the only thing left to do is find the best way to brew it.