Darvon and Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by twisted11, Jan 4, 2007.

1. twisted11

twisted11 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Has anyone ever taken Darvon and Oxycodone together. Is it dangerous?
    What are the effects?

2. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well they both have the same properties, SWIdr would also like to know if anyone has tried this combo. SWIdr suggects that You use one or the other until sombody gives you a positive anyswer. In SWIdr's opinion, they sound safe together in mild doses, but he hasnt heard of anywone get prescribed both at the same time so he doesnt know for sure...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
  3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I have combined the two when he's run out of oxycodone in an evening and wanted to top off a dose of opiates, but like SWIdr says, they usually arent prescribed together, and they're definitely not safe to mix in large amounts, or with other drugs, or if one doesn't know how to calculate dosages. In small amounts mixing the two may not be AS dangerous as say, mixing narcotics with benzodiazepines, but it could still go wrong, potentially. I tried to find a dosage calculator online to figure out the therapeutic equivalence of the two drugs, but couldnt find one for propoxyphene. I would estimate that 100 mg propoxyphene would be about equal to 5 mg oxycodone, but PLEASE remember this is just an estimate, and not an empirically proven statement.

What SWIM really reccomends, though, is to not mix the two at all, its the safest option and won't land You in trouble if he/she miscalculates. If You insists on doing this, however, in the interest of harm reduction I say to start with very low doses of each, maybe 1/8 to 1/4 the normal oral dose of each drug for you.

4. oxalot

oxalot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Darvon sucks. no problem mixing in SWIM's experience. He says the Darvon won't do much and has maximum APAP for minimum propoxephene. I do not think 100mg Pro is anywhere near 5mg oxy in practice. Maybe in theory or in bioavailability charts. Darvon is no better a 222 (aspirin + 8mg codiene.