Drug info - Datura-Jimson Weed

Discussion in 'Nightshades' started by XPhishHeadX, Sep 8, 2005.

1. XPhishHeadX

XPhishHeadX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recently stumbled upon a couple plants of jimson weed growing near my house. I have looked it up and everything i read says the trip is horrible. I really wanna try it but I don't know what im getting myself into. Does anyone know what the trip is like and if it's even worth my time? Any info on it would really help out. Thanks.

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Use the search engine, daturas and the like have been discussed frequently at this forum.

SWIM usually adds some Brugmansia(similar alkaloids as datura) to his cannabis,itcan give a nice rush(and a heavy head in the morning).Only small amounts are needed for this, but you would have to experiment until you find the right dose, the plantscan vary a lot in potency. He has never tried tripping on it so you'd have to ask someone else what that's like.

Keep in mind that itdoesn't cause a trip like LSD or other psychedelics, it causes deliruim, and overdosescan be fatal or permanently damage your brain.

Be carefull, best wishes.

3. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Datura is very hard 2 control the best way is 2 boil some tea 2-3 leafs per dosage if tastes like dirt and is hard 2 choke down but its a okay trip. i reccomend not going anywhere like with mush i just lay in bed with a friend and we close our eyes we fall into a trance its like sleeping but u have weird ass dreams that u can kinda control very trippy. Thats what i do maybe i dont trip all hardcore cuz i only take low doses of 2-3 leafs but thats just me. Try listening 2 music it tends 2 melt into ur dreams its real crazy! Anyone have any experience with datura seeds?

4. southernhosp81

southernhosp81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The only parts I didnt like about datura was the extreme cotton mouth. What is the best solution to this?

And I made a tea out of about 3 grams of dry foliage he ordered and only felt drunk / high feeling... how much dry stuff do u need to get delerium

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  5. Sektor

Sektor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swis would recomend at least 28 grams for something decent, if possible, could You post the aftermath? thanks[​IMG]

6. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway

Since these plants can vary a lot in alkaloid content it would be wise to start a lot lower than that and work your way up. After all, the risk is brain damage or death. Have you tried 28 grams yourself? If so, you should post a trip-report, if not, you shouldn't recomend such a dosage.

7. Sektor

Sektor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    look, all swis is saying to all is: just try at least 28 grams first then scale yourway down from there, 28 grams is perfect IMO because that would prolly bring out the best in the drug, thats all man! chill

8. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I think it would be unwise to scale your way down with datura. You should definitely scale you way up so that way you will know that the next dose will be a bit stronger. 28 grams may turn out to be way to much and you will be wishing you would have scaled up. Why would you want to do 28 grams then scale your way down. IF 28 grams isnt enough then you would want to scale up and I right? Im confused.

9. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Is that 28 grams dry or fresh?

I've tried jimson weed, belladonna, scopolia and henbane several times, but I would never consider a dosage of 28 grams even if that was fresh foliage.[​IMG]

28 grams of dried foliage is a garanteed deadly dose.

10. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You have no idea what you are playing with. Leave it alone!

If you succeed in getting a trip without killing yourself, you won't remember anything later anyways, what's the fun in that?

Also your vision can be fucked up for days afterwards. So if you
    have to work, and rely on your vision to do your job, you won't be able
    to perform and will have to call in sick until you can see clearly
    again.

The only safe way to use datura or brugmansia is smoking it. Any
    internal use of the plants is extremely risky and dangerous.

Plant the seeds, grow the plants and enjoy looking at and smelling the flowers, but other than that leave it the FUCK ALONE.

Edited by: BrugmansiaBrujo

11. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan

this thread reminds me that I wanted to ask you about a certain mandragora liquor, that one is supposed to take a shot glass of only.

As it is commercially made, I doubt that it is very dangerous, but can you share your knowledge on this internally consummed mandragore drink ?

As it is pretty muchin the same category, i figured this thread might be a good place to bring this up.

thanks

b

12. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Dude, chill. I'm not a fuckin moron. I'm not gonna go trip
    on that shit, I just collected it for small-dose experimentration (0-10
    seeds; very small amount of leaf or flower material), alone and in
    combination with cannabis.

13. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    The mandragora liquor is made from the flower of the plant, not the root.

Have played with the mandrake root, it's no fun and also should be left
    alone, or else kept on a chain around your neck as an amulet against
    evil spirits, which it is good at repelling.

The liquor, on the other hand, is not too bad, not as strong, but I
    showed me it's danger in the signature cotton mouth that all such
    plants give when ingested. One shot was held in the mouth a while
    to allow absorption by the bucal mucosa, then swallowed. It don't
    taste too bad, kinda flowery. It is touted as an aphrodesiac, and
    indeed it is. One shot made me hornier than a two-peckered billy goat.

Chill out? You obviously have not had any friends die of an OD from playing with that shit now, have you?!

If you stick to smoking it with cannabis, you will be fine, and
    probably enjoy it. Or maybe not, but at least you'll feel it "as it
    happens" and so not kill yerself. Just do me and yerself and yer
    Mum a favor, and don't swallow it or take it internally in any other
    way, including enemas.

Also antigenesis, don't take my comments so personnally. The
    "You" in my previous statement is plural, meaning any of ya'll.
    The comment was not a pointed barb directed to you alone.

So excuse me for being human and caring about what happens to my fellow human beings.

And with that, I have nothing more to add; so CLICK, there goes the
    "unwatch this topic button". All you fucking experts are on your
    own now.

Edited by: BrugmansiaBrujo

14. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan

well, the Baztan mandragora was tried tonight, last shot about 20 minutes ago. It does have a slightly specific kick to it, and yes a little cotton mouth, but very light. Went to a bar with a friend a we had a few beers, now off to bed. Nothing extraordinary but a good taste somewhat close to chartreuse. It says on the bottle that the liquor is made from mandrake "roots and leaves" however-with a mistake in spanish !!!! what's up with the basque anyway...

good drink, but nothing fancy if you only have a few shots. Oh and it was also kept in the mouth for absorbtion by mucosa.

but tonight it was also discovered that vaporizing standardized 10% PE ephedra extract works. short lasting strong stimulation (aka nervous, shivers and jumpy )

but who really likes ephedrine effects anyhow....

15. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yeah, sorry for taking it so personally, I flipped out a bit. Thanks
    for caring, and I'll be sure to treat this plant in a safe, respectable
    manner.

Also, I'm planning on trading my seeds for things I hold with much more interest, such as A. muscaria, yopo, and opium poppies.

Edited by: antigenesis

16. senorsalvia

senorsalvia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM heard about this from a friend who he trusted to be a serious and enlightened seeker/psychonaut; then again, SWIM & friend were both only teens at the time...Another year went by. During that time alot of kids from the community were tring it. (eating a pop bottle capful of the seeds) I hadn't gotten around to doing any, as he had become a major psychedelic user, and had cheap easy available access.... Years later, l I was slipped roughly a third of a cigarette pack cellophane full of the seeds while he was incarcerated..... SWIM decided what the hell, since he was locked up/ did not have anything else, etc etc,,,, I ate the whole amount, which (1) proved to be a stupid ,stupid move (2) He got busted by the man for being obviously 'out of it' (3) After they took SWIM to the ER and pumped his stomach, they threw 'ole SWIM in the hole naked, whereupon SWIM woke up to reality 3 days later, while sitting lotus style on a bare concrete floor...... During SWIM's three day journey, the only thing he could remember is thinking he was at a house party, listening to Hendrix on the stereo, and smokin some pot..... I would not do any more of this garbage ever..... I will say that watching someone else do a 'standard dose' is pretty funny though. They always cracked me up while they searched for imaginary lost objects, talked to people that were not there etc(< ---------- I say bad drug---- bad !!!!

17. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Although SWIdr has had good experiences with datura, he does NOT suggest You or anyone try it. It is very dangerous and can cause alot of unwanted side effects! SWIdr's mother, who was born in 1947. was an early hippie, and tried jimson weed, and now has a permant pupil dialation problem. One of her pupil is always noticibly bigger than the other one, and it causes her great embarassment, so BE CAREFUL is You decides to try it!!

18. stinky_plant

stinky_plant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Those pics of the bulbs posted make it look like something you wouldn't want to touch!

19. HorseBucket

HorseBucket Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Red seeds aren't all that potent but the only way to feel the real effects of datura is to put yourself into a toxic delirium on the verge of death.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009