Deep bowls = not good?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by catchingsignals, Feb 23, 2006.

1. catchingsignals

catchingsignals Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I am interested in purchasing a cheap cornkob pipe, but...

with such a deep bowl, won't the bud in the bottom half be stripped of its THC (vaporizer style, from all of the heated smoke being drawn through it) by the time I get down to it?

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Catchingsignals asks: "won't the bud in the bottom half be stripped of its THC (vaporizer style, from all of the heated smoke being drawn through it)?"

The answer to this can be easily illustrated. When I smoke a Joint, the smoke comes in all the way from the cherry on the end of the Joint. Therefore, all of the Pot in the Joint is being "smoked" with every Hit.

Millions of Pot-smokers will tell you that the smoke passing through the Joint does NOT take away any of the THC (or else no one would ever get High).

In fact: Have you ever smoked Second-Generation Pot (from roaches)? Because of the smoke (filled with THC) passing through the Joint, the roach is more highly THC'd than the rest of the Pot.

This tells you that a corn-cob pipe will be the same way. None of the THC gets lost (except in the smoke which wafts away while you are smoking).

3. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Even if the weed at the bottom is gettin vaporized, which I doubt it will, you wil still be inhaling the vapour if your sucking the pipe so no waste either way.

4. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thats stupid. dont be stupid. it will be fine and either way u get to smoke it all so it works out.

1. 3/5,
      No need for insults here
      Feb 23, 2006
  5. johnnylong

johnnylong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    mate ive got a cornkob pipe it packs a good amount and smokes nicely it doesnt lose anything and it gets me mashed itl be worth the money

6. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    It should be fine. Swim usually stirs his bowls up with a toothpick or whatever after a couple of hits if its a large bowl. And of course you dont have to fill it to the brim.
    And fatal, please dont make a habit of calling people stupid.
    cheers

7. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, back in the day when the goal was to consume the largest amount with the biggest joint, bong, etc., I used to smoke a bong with a big glass bowl that would hold an eighth of ground bud - it would get SWIM and co. just mashed. But the whole thing about a big bowl packed full is that it makes a big smoking cherry. Lots of wasted smoke - but it does get you really toasted.

8. SmokeCrystal

SmokeCrystal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim like to pack many small bowls rather that a couple huge ones. For the same reasons, when swim starts a bowl he only burns half of the weed on the top, so that the other person being passed the bowl can also have a taste of the un-burnt weed. For swim, the taste gets pretty nasty towards the end of a rather large bowl. When smoking one of his bongs, swim sometimes likes to pack individual small bowls for each person.

9. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM loves huge bowls. when the bowl has been smoked a bit its starts to act cashed. but when you tap it out theres half a bowl of untouched still green weed.