1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

defeating methadone swab test

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by lagrato, May 24, 2007.

1. lagrato

lagrato Newbie

Reputation Points:
    64 y/o
    I read that 4 asprin will defeat a swab test. Is this valid and is there any more proven methods. thanks.

2. lagrato

lagrato Newbie

Reputation Points:
    64 y/o
    anyone care to commet on the rummor using efferdent, to counter attack swab test.

3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Very doubtful (like 100%!) that this would work - maybe if one crushed up a tablet & coated one's mouth with the powder, but alarm bells would start ringing when the lab analysed this sample from a creature made entirely of aspirin...

As ever, the only way to defeat a drug test is to stay clean or have a prescription for the drug one is worried about. SWiY might also want to look into false positives...

4. Contessa

Contessa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    :confused: HELP PLEASE! ALOT AT STAKE!:confused:

Does anyone know if hair follicle tests can differentiate between methadone and other types of opiates? For instance, if SWIM were on the methadone program and used another opiate for which I was not prescribed, could that be proved? I have heard that opiates metabolize into the same chemical by the time they reach one's hair...IS THIS TRUE?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  5. BenwiFFen

BenwiFFen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No way will a methadone clinic not bee testing for stuff. That's what and how they get licensed. TAKE in some clean piss from someone on the juce.

6. Contessa

Contessa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    look, thanks for the reply, but I said that SWIM's concern was regarding a hair-follicle test given by a different agency for a different reason!!! SWIM already has the urine tests beat...it's the hair that's tricky!!!

7. JaWill88

JaWill88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I am almost positive that the methadone and any other opiod/opiate will be distinguished from one another. They will know what you were using

8. NoleGirl323

NoleGirl323 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    SWIM loves methadone, and has access to an unlimited supply of drug tests. I was wondering the same thing, will methadone trigger a positive result on the standard immunoassay test for opiates?
    SWIM drug tests EACH and EVERYTIME methadone is ingested. I have never ever seen a positive result on the six panel for the OPI strip.
    HOWEVER, further investigation revealed that the OPI test (immunoassay) tested for 1) codeine 2) oxycodone 3) morphine 4) hydrocodone.
    Based on this information, I was lead to believe that if one wanted to test for the presence of methadone, than they would need a separate test; one that specifically tests for methadone as methadone does not metabolize in the same fashion that other opiates do.
    I use drug tests every time methadone is involved, different ones at that. Sometimes I use the OPI test, sometimes the MORP test, and sometimes the plain old NIDA-6 test.
    I have NEVER tested + for OPI *ON THE IMMUNOASSAY *, I have never sent the urine sample for GCMS to ID what the urine would test positive for.

If anybody has information on methadone and drug tests, please feed SWIM's brain!

Thanks!

9. china cat

china cat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My first post,,,,hope it's some help. I have been on a methadone programme in the Uk for the past four years and in that time has been having real trouble kicking his heavy smoking H habit. Be assured that the methadone clinics can differentiate between methadone and other types of opiates in your system and can be very specific as to what you have taken.

One more point......I has failed a test for opiates (other than methadone of course) up to six days after last using. I use approx 0.4 gram a day on the foil.

10. china cat

china cat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Just another quick point.....swim's test are all u/a....don't know if hair tests differently???