derived Opium

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by FstarrCK, Oct 16, 2005.

1. FstarrCK

FstarrCK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Once Opium is taken from the pod of the opium plant, can it be
    used? How strong is the opium? How does SWIM make it better?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
  2. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Most people clean their opium before use. They take it and disolve it in very hot water let the crud (bits of pod, pollen, etc) settle to the bottom and dry out (not by boiling) the water. Leaving "cleaned" opium. Opium is usually aroun 6-10% morphine and has small amounts of other less potent narcotics (codine 1% or less Thebane and papervine..etc). The potency depends on the strain and how much water the plant got the 2-3 weeks before harvesting....the less water, the more potent the opium

3. paradoks

paradoks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The resin taken from the pod is somewhere in the vacinity %10 alkaloids, and when boiled down will rise to somewhere in the neighbourhood of %50.
    The fleshy particles are filtered out, many use coffee filters apparently, but a clean (non-lint baring) piece of cloth works fine.
    You add the resin to hot water allowing it to dissolve, the non soulable particles are filtered out, and the water is evaporated away with a very slow simmer until a thick resin remains.

Apparently additional boils *may* improve it further, but the most common smokable opium is made in this manner and has been done so for hundreds of years so its said.

Anyway, hope thats some form of assistence to you.

Paradoks

4. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    I am interested on the dangers and effects of thebane when interested orally.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thebaine is classified as a convulsive poison of the strychnine-class (tetanic convusions). In it's nascent molecular configuration, thebaine has no euphoric or soporific effects. But it is used as a starting material for many opiate-class narcotics such as oxycodone. Thebaine is a Schedule II controlled substance in the USA.

6. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    If swim wanted to work with a thebane contaminated crop,what steps would he have to take to seperate the morph from the bad?

7. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Thebaine is not a contaminant per se. Its a naturally occuring alkaloid which is in ALL poppies, not just specific crops. However, the ratio of thebaine to morphine and other alkaloids can vary plant to plant. The process of extracting morphine from poppies is exceedingly difficult, however. Try UTFSE, I think this topic has been discussed before.

8. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    he'll get onnit,what he was referring to was a local governments reg-that all privately grown(for corporate use)crops must have a specific level of thebane genetically wired into it in order to activly discourage crop theft,they distributed propaganda warning of the potential deaths of anyone ingesting home-made tar with this level of thebane.

9. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Ah, makes sense then. Yes, these strains probably would be bred to have higher levels of thebaine in them, although to maximize their usefulness theyd probably have fairly high morphine and codeine levels as well. A high thebaine poppy would make for an uncomfortable if not lethal tea, You is smart for doing his homework. Ironically the recipe I have seen for extracting morphine from the poppy plant was published by none other than...the US Drug Enforcement Administration.

10. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    lol!I had also heard a rumour that the seeds of poppies that contain high levels of thebaine are a more pinky colour...?

11. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Wouldnt know, all the P. somniferum seeds I have seen are dark blue/black and kidney shaped, somewhat.

12. mickenator

mickenator Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from U.K.
    I would agree with swif as the seeds I had aquired are the same has swifs description.

13. Frost og Taake

Frost og Taake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For informational purposes only would anyone happen to have the knowledge to share as to how to extract thebane from opium and convert it into oxycodone? This information would be only used for informational purposes only and anyone else reading it should do the same. DO NOT BREAK LOCAL LAWS. Thank you.

14. timster7

timster7 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.S.A.
    youou probably don't know but oxycodone is pretty damn tricky to make. Not exactly kitchen chemist stuff. SWIM may be able to point you in the right direction. If you PM my account I'll try to get ahold of him.