1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Pharmacology - Desoxyn vs street meth can the difference be detected in a UA?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by mmonie261, Oct 15, 2011.

1. mmonie261

mmonie261 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    Can a difference be found in Desoxyn & street meth when being tested by a UA?

2. OrgoSynth

OrgoSynth Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It'd probably depend, but I wouldn't think so. In situations where you're having a urine analysis, they're looking for categories of stuff in your urine. So, the results would likely show a result that's either positive or negative for amphetamines as a whole. The only difference between desoxyn and methamphetamine is the addition of hydrochloride. So unless the analysis sees that rather minor difference, the result is the same. There's also the question of what you're getting as "street meth" though. Sometimes it can be "ice = 4-methylaminorex" (different from meth in chemical structure) or actual methamphetamine. I guess that depends on local vernacular.

I'm no expert on UA's though, so maybe someone who knows better can offer their input. From what I know, the answer is definitely NO.

3. mmonie261

mmonie261 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    thank you for your quick response.

What about when it's tested in a hair follicle test?

4. OrgoSynth

OrgoSynth Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    More or less the same. The test is looking for classes of drugs, not necessarily specifics. No difference will be seen by it.