Dexamphetamine rebound eased with Oxiracetam

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Sloop, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Sloop

Sloop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from solomon_islands
    Swim realises it may be too soon to comment concretely but due to the magnitude of good effect identical on 2 seperate occasions I decided a preliminary comment may ineterst some

I have just found in 2 attempts on the same day that by taking a single dose of 800 mg of Oxiracetam with a little food I has dramatically reduced the unpleasant rebound/ crash symptoms from 20 mg of dexamphetamine taken several hours previously in single doses (4 X 5 mg tabs). Once this morning and now in the same evening.

To qualify this infortmation I am diagnosed as Adult ADHD. I dont know if this is modulating on the effect of this mix? or whether it effects ADHD and non ADHD people the same. Also I have been taking the dex sparingly for 2 months (average 20 mg spread out over a day total) so I has very little tolerance to dexamphetamine and 20 mgs at once gives swim a very nice buzz indeed.

I have never taken Oxiracetam before these 2 attempts, only as a come down from dex today

Oxiracetam is supposedly faster and stronger acting form of Piracetam. available mail order in swims case with no legal hassles and in many cases racetams are available over the counter ie Brasil some parts of Europe India etc.

Swim dooesnt know if other racetam drugs, including the most common Piracetam is effective in this way but swim tried a search of this forum a while back with several results and the web in general shows that some others have found it effective.

Swim shunned this web and forum information up to recently for I have taken Piracetam on its own for 2 periods of one month several years ago and found it very mild but definitely slightly helpful for swims ADHD symptoms (particularly when recovering from a month long almost daily binge where swim consumed a total of 20 grams of quality cocaine) However it was so mild swim really didnt noticed much benefit from piracetam beyond 4 weeks and dropped it at week 5.

Swim brought this oxiracetam via mail order thinking it may be a bit more helpful than piracetam and I dont like some side effects of dex which I am supposed to take each day 15 mg total. But wow I am really feeling good now clear headed and calm and sociable only 20 mins after consuming oxiracetam and not long before I was feeling a bit shitty and unsociable but still very much under the effect of dex down (the lets go to the room and rest it out alone phase). a repeat of the experience earlier today

Swim Doesnt know how long in terms of repeat seperate experiences that it will last as an good antidote

I dont know if I will sleep tonight without a downer it is 8pm as I am not sleepy just feeling clear and good

Swim may let you know in a later post but I am impressed with this first 2 seperate experiences with Oxiracetam and wanted to share that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. Sloop

Sloop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from solomon_islands
    Darkcity I dont know if you think I was wasting space or reinventing the wheel but swim found oxiracetams effects to be so much stronger than any other noortropic I has tried for improving the dexamphs coming down experience, except benzos.

Like I said before swim gave up on Piracetam in the past because it was so mild possibly placebo for swim

I am very interested if You has any reliable info on any specific noortropic drugs work to reduce the negative amphetamine symptoms or to safely enhance the upside as well (forget baking soda DXM etc for swim). It would be much appreciated

For swim wonders if oxiracetam's good effects will last many repeats