Diamox

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Fred the Janitor, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recently went to colorado with a group of friends on an organized trip to go snowboarding. I had a prescription for altitude sickness medication called diamox (cant remember the actual drug name off the top of my head). So we are thinking about this medication, and knowing that it is a diarrhetic and makes you have to pee about ever 20 minutes, we realized, "hey, couldnt this be used for detox?"

It makes so much sense, a lot of detox is flushing out your system by peeing a lot. wouldnt this medicine aid in the process greatly? (it literally makes you piss every 20-30 minutes, especially if you constantly rehydrate)

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    rehydrating constantly might help dilute the amount of THC in ones system, but it shouldnt speed up the rate at which THC is metabolized and excreted. i am wondering if diamox if an antihistamine, can anyone confirm this? it just sounds like one.

3. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Like forthesevenlakes said, this method might help you on the day of your test for diluting your sample, but dont trick yourself into thinking that taking these pills are ridding your body of the THC byproducts these tests look for. While these byproducts are excreted through urine, they are stored in the fat cells. So constanty taking something that makes you urinate a lot probably wont help decrease whats in your body (these cells go through a metabolizing process, they dont just get pissed out of your system asap).

You might be able to take these pills on the day of your test but i dont know if they would be any help or if you might get in trouble for trying to beat the test. These tests today have a nack for finding all sorts of "shortcut substances" and legal or not, it wont help you. You can pass your drug test with flying colors, but if the test shows a high amount of creatinine in your system (a completly legal substance found in red meats) you can be failed or somehow get dicked over in your situation.

Its not a bad idea, using diuretics to your advantage (especially in a situation like beating the system). But when there are so many variables and harsh consequences, I always gotta push for people to just suck it up and go however long you gotta go without smoking the herb. It will always be there for ya, and im not gonna lie, a breath of fresh air is good for ya everyonce in a while. Ive tried my share of "full proof" methods of beating a drug test, and in the end it still found a way to dick me over. Sorry for rambling, i hope some of this helps ya, peace...

4. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmm. yea that makes sense. i dont need/want to take these pills to get clean because i already am (havent smoked for a few months), but it would be nice to help some friends out, for example, that need to pass a test

5. goslamsomeTHC

goslamsomeTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    just drink right before the test in the big picture that is about the best thing that you can do on a short notice.