diazempam to come down off san pedro?-Urgent

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by tre2005be, Jul 19, 2006.

1. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    can diazaepam be used to stop a mescaline trip?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It could be used to mellow down the trip and possibly put someone into a slumber but it's no guarantee.

3. thadj

thadj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Diazepam has been reported to be a good way to surpress the effects of hallucinogens, better than anti-psychotics. I have only read this in 1 article though.

Was the trip so strong? ;-)

thadj

4. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    either I had a very low tolerance to mescaline or this is some strong cactus, all of swims walls are moving, and if he looks at anything for to long it changes shape. swim cant decide whether he is enjoying this or not.

5. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I took 20mg of valium bout 20 mins ago and now the valium has kicked in, even though he is still trippin his balls off, he isnt really bothered, hes a lot more mellow about it now.

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm glad You is doing better! :) Now, the lecture:
    Well, what did you think was going to happen after you took mescaline? It's a potent hallucinogen. If the effects you described surprised you, than I respectfully suggest that you did not research this drug nearly enough before taking it.

Yes, diazepam should help lessen your anxiety. Better still would be to 1) know what a drug's effects are before you take them, and 2) dose conservatively with new drugs.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  7. thadj

thadj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's wonders where he got this dried cactus. If this is illegal to wonder about let me know. You should be glad to have had the possibility to try mescaline, in its natural form too!

8. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^ You have been a member here for way too long to be asking for sources. :eek:

9. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I did an extensive amount of research before tryin out san pedro, as I do with any drug, the point I am trying to make is that it is very intense, I was seeing faces in his walls, and other crazy things I would like to add this is 7 hours into the trip. The valium has helped alot, and I thought he was dosing coservatively by only doing 15g? even if this was the strongest mescaline containing cactus known to man i.e 2% this would still only be 300mg of mescaline. which apparantly is a moderate dose. this feels like a very strong trip. I have about 6g of it left and i will quite happily send it to You if You wants to find out its mescaline content.

10. thadj

thadj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    2 %, is that a percentage of dried cactus or raw?

thadj

Nevermind, I looked it up, dried (0,33-2 %)

11. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Fair enough - my apologies. But I don't think I'm to be faulted for my first interpretation, based on what you first posted.

12. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    true you are not to be faulted on that. its just that at some points the intensity was overwhelming, I dont know if it is because he has a very low tolerance for mescaline or that it was strong stuff, but either way it blew swims socks off.

13. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Such effects from 15 grams of dried san pedro are uncommon.

14. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    that is exactly what I thought which is why he only tryed 15g, although he did bomb a small amount after ingestion. I thought 15g would be enough to give swim a small taste of what mescaline was like, and I can say at some points he really did enjoy his experience, others parts were to everwhelming for him, I would even go as far to say that he had a religious type of experience at one point (whilst on the toilet) lol. if alfa wants I will pm him the source so that he can put it up in the sources forum, as I would very much like to know if he has a low tolerance or if this was really strong stuff.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  15. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i would like to note about the effectiveness of valium in hindering a trip. when I took 20mg of valium after the first 20 mins the anxiety of having such an intense trip faded, then after an hour the trip was almost completely stopped. so in answer to swims own question, yes valium is very effective at halting or at least calming down an intense trip.

16. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Out of interest, in what way did the mescaline trip feel overwhelming? Was it that You slipped into a negative mindset (in SWIM's opinion the worst type of "bad" trip) or was it that You was feeling overwhelmed physically and mentally i.e. short of breath, visualisations too intense etc?

SWIM sees mescaline cactus as a very friendly, easy-to-handle trip, even at high doses (although SWIM probably needs to do more, in bigger doses to see what it's really about). Has You got any experience with other psychedelics like mushrooms or LSD? Was it that You was stepping into uncharted psychedelic territory that overwhelmed him?

17. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the main reason was probably that I has never tripped before, and when I was outside he didnt seem that bad, it was when swim came inside that the visuals became very strong, I was seeing moving fcaes all over his walls, and this put swim in a paranoid state of mind. perhaps psychedelics arent for swim.

18. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When taking a benzo to help out with a somewhat difficult trip, SWIM and his wife have found it better to start with a low dose first (typically .5mg alprazolam) to see if it calms things down to an acceptable level before taking more benzos, which is always possible.

SWIM gives it 15-20 minutes or so before considering taking more. Once a bit of relief occurs, the relief + knowing that more could be taken is almost always enough. Typically, with a small amount of patience, the first low dose proves to be sufficient to allow the trip to proceed without the problem of anxiety. An equivalent dose of diazepam would be 5mg or so.

An additional benefit of alprazolam over diazepam for this application is that it is generally faster-acting than diazepam, and does not last for as long. Often one the bad patch is over, one desires to feel the effects of the psychedelic more fully, and a long-acting benzo and/or high doses can preclude this).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  19. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Don't write off psychedelics yet. The first psychedelic trip can often be scary but one gets used to it the more they use. It's also interesting that You mentioned he enjoyed himself better outdoors while tripping. With mescaline SWIM certainly feels the need to be outdoors in a nice expansive area to get the full enjoyment out of the experience and to not get that boxed in feeling one would experience indoors. I would suggest using the rest of you's cactus in a few weeks, having planned a nice scenic area to trip in. It's also good to trip with others because it can be comforting to have someone on the same page. Tinkering around with dosages is vital in getting the best out of psychedelics. If one experience was too intense, take a smaller amount next time and see how it goes.