Dose - Diazepam for Muscle Spasm?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Ellis D., Apr 13, 2007.

1. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hello folks,
    SWIM hurt his back at work today and hasn't been able to find opiates for the excrutiating pain. I do hoowever have a valium, he believes the biggest one, 10mg? he thinks this could help his back.

what do you guys think? also how many mg should SWIM take not to go to sleep but for a nice relaxation.

fast replys greatly appreciated!

2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: diazepam

As far as I know they don't supress pain, they might dull it if You sedates youself enough, but that probaply won't be practical.
    Diazepam can be useful when You has backpain due to tension in you's back. A friend of I got diazepam prescribed for this reason.

3. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  4. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: diazepam

SWIdr beleives diazepam (Valium) does have some muscle relaxing properties which could come in handy for back pain along with a tylenol (No alcohol).

5. ieatgreenmen

ieatgreenmen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Valium is used to treat a lot of different things such as anxiety, alcohol withdrawal, seizures, and muscle spasms... with that being said if you just tweaked your back and disturbed some muscle groups then valium is gonna be okay... you could also use flexeril or robaxin.... if you have any spine or disc injury than its not gonna do anything for the pain and you would need an opiate or something that impedes the pain impulses sent via nerves from the disturbed area... vicodins, percs, things of that nature