Health - Did Ecstasy Cause my Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by peacemaker, Dec 20, 2004.

1. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hey people, I just want to tell you I will never touch these pills again. I was using extasy very rarely, 3 times a year, and I thought it will never cause any mental problemsto me but I was wrong. Recently I took a few on a party. I returned home and felt that something isn't right. I had a beep in my ears. I thought it would pass away but was wrong! The next day Iwas hearingthis beep still.

It feels like after you leave a very loud metal concert you hear this high frequency beep, thats how I feel all the f****** time. It is not annoying in a day but when there is silence, in the evening and I am alone, I hear this. It's not a total tragedy but it is irritating sometimes. Even now I hear this beeping. hehheh, funny shit isn't it? Do you know any case like this? After this experience I think extasy is the most brain damaging substance the man invented. I heard that a friend of my friend also had something similar after acid.

Bye, and don't swallow this shit too often.. if not ever. I won't touch it even if somebody whips me

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  2. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    E does not cause Tinnitus. Probably you put your head near a
    speaker at this party and didnt notice the pain due to E, so left it
    there.

Some people get Tinnitus anyway, even without listening to lots of loud music.

3. anjin

anjin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    Brain damage induced by XTC will probably not manifest itself as a beep in your ears. Perhaps you have been standing to close to the sound system?

If MDMA actually turns out to be neurotoxic, symptoms will likely be something like : unable to concentrate, mood swings and or depression, memory problems, parkinson like symptoms etc

4. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    if so..

- why did it happen this specific day I took a few tabs?

- why didn't it happen on louder parties I have been to hundreds of times in my life?

- why didn't I get this even after playing in a f****** punkrock, than harc-core band for hours,where decibeles were nearly breaking the glass!!??

5. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ECSTASY DOES NOT CAUSE TINNITUS

there is no feasible link between the two. being a student of british sign language we have to do extensive studies into hearing and what causes depletion of somebody's hearing. there is no scientific link between the two.

however, what you are experiencing is either tinnitus proper or a symptom similiar that can last anything up to four months before it releases you.

hearing difficulties are cumulative in nature, therefore you may never have experienced anything like it before, however the culmination of being at concerts of that sort etc and hearing loud noises over a period of time may eventually effect your ears when they decide they have had enough.

if E did this to you then you would be experiencing it in both ears, however my thought is that it is only being emitted from the problems in one ear.

get an audiogram done at the hospital or go for a hearing test and find out where the problem has occured.

another explanation for this could be that while you were rolling you believed a sound to be offgoing. altho a long shot you may psychologically still be hearing this and that would wear off after the effects of e have left your body, presumably, altho i dont kno enough about that to be certain.

conclusion: E DOES NOT CAUSE HEARING LOSS OR HEARING PROBLEMS

hope this helps

6. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hmmm.. so.. I will go to see the doc after 3 months (one has just passed) if this doesn't o away. Heh.. funny thing to have a beep in the head for the rest of life phehe.. Maybe I should try to like it and treat it like a Beethoven symphony. I regret it doesn't sound like a melody and doesn't change tones. It would be nice to have Antonio Vivaldi's 4 seasons in the head all the time, ma would be so positive :)

7. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    at least ur makin light of it, altho i can undastand that it must be really crap havin it going off all the time.

nah, dont wait - just go to docs, be upfront and tell him/her everythin, inc Es etc. (they are totally confidential) and see what they advise.

g luk

8. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    They are confidential in the UK, anyway, I would hope they are in Poland too... (I believe so)

9. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't know if they are or not and maybe I would rather prefer not to check it. I am beginning to get used to it, that's not a tragedy as I don't have any headaches or mood swings or any of mental problems but only something like a high frequency bulb in my head, heard only when it is silence. I don't say that E is bad, I am just writting about what happened to me, that's all. Treat it as a documentary.

10. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Placebo? When ur alone in the evenings it gives u time 2 think. Then the beep returns.In other words its a good old fashoined placebo.

The mind is very powerfull. U can go so far as 2 make urself bleed in certain places with out even touching urself. This offen occurs 2 deeply religious christians. They think they r recieving the wounds of christ(stigmata), when biologicly speaking its just brainchemistry.

I wonder if this is really a medical problem like Tinnitus or hearing problems. I think U r the cause of it by thinking of it.

P!MPJU!C3

11. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ya know? I don't really know, it just beeps and thats all! No more analisys. Yeah, power of suggestion - placebo, can be really strong but I don't think it is this. The reason why is that I would never believe that such thing can happen, I didn't suggest it to myself, I just woke up with it the day after the party. It is not a beep maybe, like beep from the computer or car beep, it's ... yeah got it! IT IS LIKE YOU PUT THE CHANNEL ON YOUR TV AND NOT TUNE IT! high frequency constant sound

12. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    altho placebo is really, really plausible, the way that u describe it sounds like tinnitus.

jus go to the dr n say that u think u have developed tinnitus n wen they say 'how' jus say u bin in clubs with loud music etc. if it comes out that u aint got tinnitus then u can explore the otha options, but at least this way u can cancel out one avenue without even mentioning pills.

13. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i think it's a good idea. You know if it's possible to cure this?

14. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea it is if you catch it earlia enuf. its all about making sure that you dont start to psychologically believe it; if u do itll neva go. if it cant b cured then there are ways to get round it like listening to chill out, classical or summin like that. always keep yourself active and don't dwell on it!!

bt really think the dr idea wud b the best thing before you start worrying about it!

15. Gareth

Gareth Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    peacemaker, I'm going to go against the grain here with everyone.

I've recently had a bad experience with the stuff and here's what I can
    say about MY experiences. The dose I took strong, very strong for me.
    What's happened afterwards (apart from large symptoms) are small
    recurrances that I can't explain. I remember, for instance, angling my
    jaw to one side when I exhaled my cigarette (the right). When I blinked
    rapidly I gave myself a strobelight effect, and when I looked at my
    cellphone I got a serious buzz-out effect. Now, all of these symptoms
    have stayed with me. I've hardwired this into my brain somehow. I still
    exhale with my jaw to the right when Im not thinking, I used to be able
    to give myself a strobelight sensation (in broad daylight, which was
    trippy) by blinking rapidly, and close up objects really spaced my out.
    All of this I'm overcoming by practicing and rearranging some neurons.

I think you focussed strongly on a certain music rhythm or you tripped
    out so hard you began to hear the buzzing sound. It's possible you just
    stood too close to the speakers but normally (I get the buzzing too),
    it disappears after a couple of days.

We simply werent meant to have this much serotonin floating around. It
    facilitates memory, which is no suprise to me that in the ecstatic
    state your brain makes new connections (this is my theory). If you dont
    like them, make an effort to 'break the habbit'.

16. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    just use it to you benefit and get medicinal drugs.

17. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    go see a doc

tell the truth

If he sends u 2 a psych i was right

If he puts u on prozac, I was wrong

P!MPJU!C3

18. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i told the truth and it took three different gps to get the bottom of what was wrong with me. research into mdma is limited and that's all there is to it; your gp may know less than you about it.

if things r going mad like this afta taking e and it gets more and more prevalent then perhaps research will follow this route more frequently. at the end of the day, there's only one way to stop things like this happening at the moment and i think we all kno what that is..

19. peacemaker

peacemaker Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    it's a pity w live in stupid world like this where drugs are forbidden. Imagine legal E, tested, with instructions, imagine shops with psychs giving advices about the risks of using. Imagine proffessional factories with hygiene certificates and other stuff. taxes from drugs, and money for developing safer drugs, and developing methods of curing addiction and so on so on..

stupid world, stupid people, stupid goverments..

20. whatwhybecause

whatwhybecause Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i kno. wud b much different. even those not in favour of change; i think this wud b one that we all endorse..