Dif. between crystal meth and speed?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by elzz, Mar 1, 2006.

1. elzz

elzz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    just wondering if there was a difference between crystal meth and speed.

im just guessing here, but i think that crystal meth is methamphetamine, and speed is amphetamine. am i completly wrong here?

2. pabel_giboon

pabel_giboon Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    113 y/o
    Meth, crystal met, crystal, speed, yaba... SWIM guesses it is teh same compound: methamphetamine. But a quick search trought the forum could keep you out of the drakness.

3. sometimesx345

sometimesx345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Speed is simply a slang term for amphetamines, this includes methamphetamines. Usually speed is used for crystal meth, but adderall and ritalin are referred to by some as "speed."

4. elzz

elzz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    thanks guys. never heard of adderall before.. must be some kind of perscription med?

5. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    really in my area crystal ice tina zap spun all for meth but speed is used for both meth amphetamines and just amphetamines. ask the supply. ice looks like ice and if it dont its dirty!

6. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    adderall is a prescrip med and is a combo of amphetamine salts for adhd. I am on this drug and its Great. try and get non time release, they work better than the time release (or just crush the beads in the time release). search this board youl find a wealth of info and opinions on addy

7. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm a bit confused. Speed has been a relatively popular drug (not as popular as coke, E, or weed) in Britain for a while, mainly among the "lower end" of society (I hate generalising like that, but it's broadly true) rather than as a party drug. Recently the papers have been going ape-shit about this new terrifyingly addictive drug that's beginning to hit the streets of Britain: methamphetamine. I know it's a been around in America for ages. The papers compare it with crack, but say it is more addicitive and "whereas crack lasts five minutes, this lasts five hours" (to quote an article in the metro - this is front page stuff). They claim it's especially popular in the gay scene at the moment, but is becoming more widespread. So what's the deal? What kind of "speed" have people been been taking here up until now and what makes it different from crystal meth? Is meth simply likely to be much purer and much more powerful (as well as being smokable)? Is it anything like crack? Trust the papers to spread misinformation. Cheers.

8. elzz

elzz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    i understand now..

crystal meth is speed, but speed is not necessarily crystal meth.. just as a couch is a seat, but a seat is not necessarily a couch.. if you get the idea.

makes sence to me.. speed is the slang for any amphetamine.

9. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ramjet, the same has gone on all over the world. crystal meth really isnt new and it basically is speed. however, it has become very widespread that crystal meth is the new crack or heroin cocaine whatever. basically crystal meth is not very difficult to make and this has been passed around allowing many people to set up little chem labs so to speak, and the recipes yield very pure methamphetamine. because of the availability and purity of the drug it is becoming more and more popular yet has been around for a while. its simply becoming one of the easier drugs to get a hold of in most places and this thus provides it with the term "new." speed basically is dirtier methamphatamine in a sense. people are probably going to jump all over this, please dont argue just politly correct me if im wrong. but speed as stated above can be any of the methamphetamines/ amphetamines and has been around forever. crystal meth is new because it is becoming the drug of choice in many communities statistic wise. hopefully that helps ya out, im no speed junkie so i may have provided incorrect info, but this is just my two cents being heavily involved in the scene and personaly knowing many victims of this new craze. cheers