Difference between smoking and snorting.

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by MOLEPOOH00, Feb 3, 2005.

1. MOLEPOOH00

MOLEPOOH00 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello,

I have done both of them and I know that the smoking gives SWIM a good
    RUSH followed by the normal stuff.

What is the real difference between the two?

Is one more addictive? Are they really physical addictive? SWIM
    sees different results from the searching. Some say smoking is more addictive
    and some say snorting is addictive.

Can some one give me a strait answer with some good scenic
    info??

Thanks,

[​IMG]

2. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dependency:
    Physical Dependence: moderate
    Psychological Dependence: moderate to severe
    Tolerance: strong

source: drugabusehelp.com

Personally I thought it was waaaaaaaaay more addictive smoking. Snorting I would quit and not think twice. Smoking is like holy sh*t MORE MORE MORE.

3. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think it just depends on the person. I became addicted to snorting and it remained SWIM's preference even when he began smoking. Something SWIM noticed about smoking though as the above poster said, is once I took that first hit he never wanted to put down the pipe, even when a satisfactory high was reached. However, when SWIM finally did put down the pipe, he had no problem stopping indefinitely (as long as there was some other way to do it). However, with snorting, SWIM only wanted a little bit at a time, but in regular several-hour intervals. I found it nearly impossible to give up snorting. As for the effects each has on SWIM:

Smoking

Rushing - After the initial rush, energy came in waves rather than being constant, in between feeling somewhat laid back.

Euphoria - Also came in waves. I did not like this.

Paranoia - Holy hell. SWIM never experienced such severe paranoia as when he began smoking regularly. One particular episode even went from paranoia to flat-out dementia.

Headspace - Smoking had a much more prominent f--ked up feeling, which was confirmed with friends of SWIM after smoking large doses. Mind very foggy...sometimes had trouble doing even simple manual labor.

Disorientation - Much more so than snorting, though still not very impairing. Just noticeable.

Multi-day/Mid-term effects - Effects of sleep deprivation much more noticeable. Sometimes lack-of-sleep-induced hallucinations began after only 2 days...both visual and auditory. Also, the comedown could be nightmarish at times. Not because of the feeling itself, but becauseswim JUST COULDN'T CRASH. Sort of like in this between sleep/still tweaking phase that lasted hours on end. Generally, help was needed to come down smoothly (Xanax or even Benadryl). Possibly because smoking was just much more taxing on SWIM's body? Probably

Snorting

Rushing - Constant rushing for an extended period of time, followed by incredible energy for several more hours.

Euphoria - Pretty much constant. Nothing strong like ecstacy or anything (though under circumstances it could be), but just a nice, uplifted feeling throughout the entire experience.

Paranoia - Nonexistant for firstcouple days. Even after paranoia set in, was generally very mild.

Headspace - Completely clear, very easy to concentrate.

Disorientation - None.

Multi-day/Mid-term - Effects of sleep deprivation negligible. Crashing generally came pretty easily...no extended comedown as with smoking, and no help was ever need to comedown when swim desired to do so.

4. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i find smoking my addictive cause its time consuming and while tweeking you put all your focus on smoking it and you can sit there for like 5 min. and it really be an hours and all you would have done is burn the glass trying to get the left overs before you drop another shingle in there.

5. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh yea!

what or who is SWIM (as you can see this is my first post)

6. ToxicMind

ToxicMind Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM = someone who isn't me

also you may see people type things like SWIT (someone who isn't ToxicMind) or SWIW (someone who isn't WhiteRyan), ect.

7. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea...i recently read the rules and abbreviations!

soory to all for my dumbness

but yea. also smoking makes me feel weird. paranoid yes. also i get sharp pains thru my body too. kinda like my body is a big splintered peice of wood or summin. anyone else get that?

8. The_Paranoid

The_Paranoid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Okay so I had the same question as you back then, but it was because when I smoked it I got the rush, and when I snorted it, I didn't. When you smoke it or inject(those only), the users heart beat and blood pressure soars like crazy meanwhile the user can experience feelings equivalent to 10 orgasims (very true, must say so myself). This rush can last 5-30 mintues. The reason for the rush is, ittriggers the adrenal gland to release a hormone called epinephrine (adrenaline), which puts the body in a battle mode, fight or flight. In addition, the physical sensation that the rush gives the abuser most likely results from the explosive release of dopamine in the pleasure center of the brain. When you snort it, you can only get the high which is fine by me, I got to addicted smoking this stuff, now that I snort it helps me keep my distance when I need to chill out with it, but hey that's just me to, everyones body works different.