Drug info - Different Brands of LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Dalfir, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    I am interested in knowing if there are any "brand differences" when it comes to LSD. Can the chemical only be synthesized in one way, thus there are no distinct differences between LSD manufactured by different chemists? Are there ways of determining potentcy by the tab design?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Is LSD, LSD?

What a question. Be careful not to ask this question in the company of "all knowing" lotkids at a festival, as you'll hear quite the debate.

LSD is LSD is LSD. Of course there are differant qualities of LSD. Depending on method of synth, and steps taken to clean, you can get differant qualities of LSD. (meaning differant levels of actual LSD in the mix.)

At many shows You will come across differant names of acid. "Fluff" "Needlepoint" "Silver" "Lavendar" "Amber" "Sunshine" are just a few of the silly names thrown about. Some will try to tell you that differant "crystals" are broken down to create differant qualities of LSD. What it boils down to is that the product isn't pure LSD. Some will tell you that "neeple point" means the cleanest and purist LSD ... but just like the term "double stack" it really no longer has any meaning. Without a test kit, nobody but the chemist and the person who broke it down from raw knows how pure it is.

Swip has spent a few years testing LSD and have learned that the names assocaited with a batch of acid mean almost nothing. Usually the quality differance in the differant "cyrstals" are very mineute.

Also, understand that there are many other chemicals going around as LSD that are something differant altogether. For example the name "Sunshine" usually refers to ALD or, lately, DOx.

I wonder how many lotkids will flame me on here for saying this? lol

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

C'mon Pink: I'm a tired monkey here. Please elucidate more fully. Save me a little trouble? Be a mensch!

4. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Would that work?

[real point of this post]
    What does Lotkid mean? I've never heard the term?
    [/real point of this post]

5. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:

Is H2O in a bottle more potent then H2O that was in my britta filter? If I drank one one day and the other the next, will my overall experience be different?

nevermind, ill anwser my own question. Pure water is good. however when you go to a restraunt or somewhere they give you water from the fouset while you are waiting for your food. Yeah, its pretty clean stuff. its probably not as good as water treated with reverse osmosis but hey, its pretty clean. Now, water that you drink out of a river is a little suspicous. why you ask? because theres more then just H2O in there. theres other stuff. in other words, its not pure. In fact, there may be all kinds of little nasty things in there that could fuck you up, its nice to know the SOURCE of the river and where the water has been so you know how PURE the H2O is. Vodka looks just like H2O but it isnt. Both are clear and liquid but the chemicals that make up each are different.
    Also, when i make kool-aid when i get home from work i take out my pitcher and fill it most of the way with water and add a few scoops of concentrated kool-aid powder and mix it...if i want it strong i mix in more of the concentrated poweder and if i want it weak i mix in less. the kool-aid powder is the exact same its PURE KOOL-AID but i mix it differently that is i add in more or less water to dilute it.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Water from rivers - even in pristine mountain-settings - has something in it you can bet. It's the dead Moose rotting upstream. Yummy. Giardia-city!

7. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Lotkids are the people at festivals (usually jamband festivals or Dead family events) hangin out in the lot slangin drugs.. The various purities of crystal can account for the colorful names..

Honestly, SWIM also thinks the starting alkaloids (various LSA's) can account for the difference in trips, as well as set and setting, of course.. For example, if someone starts with a mixture of egot alks, as opposed to ergotamine tartrate alone, it may account for the different effects of even the cleanest batches of crystals..

If one wishes to even keep it a bit mystical, many think the energy or intent of the chemist can come through in the trip.. ;)

8. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

the name thing originated of course with the blotter sheets the LSD was being put on. if someone has something in a liquid or gel state they gave a name to, its probably just the same marketing push...but without the visualization provided by the images on the blotter

9. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:

thats actually where the name "mr. strawberry" came from. swim told me about a guy who knew of a guy who heard of a guy whos brothers cousin had a few sheets of "strawberry's" they were from what i heard a blotter with of course strawberrys on them. i geuss they must have been pretty good.

10. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:

lol they were "tripple dipped" lol then again...isn't everything LOL!

11. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    LSD-25

I like what Pinkavvy said: "LSD is LSD is LSD."

This is like asking if there's more than one kind of 4-HO-DiPT.
    It is a specific chemical. Like Aspirin is a specific chemical.

The problem with LSD-25 is that a "dose" is so small, it would take a microscope to see it.
    This leads to people having different Trips, because of differing dosages.

If one takes 20 Micro-Grams, it might feel light and airy.
    If one gulps-down 150 Mics, he will (definitely) feel different about the experience.

12. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

There ARE various "crystals" of LSD. However, these crystals aren't differnt "types of LSD" they are simply differant qualities of LSD. //Though, unless You MADE the LSD themselves, they would have no idea if the name they are told actually represents the proper quality... and most don't even know what some of these quality benchmarks are that the names refer to//

Crooked- In in a WAY it does matter what precursers your use to differant outcomes of crystals you gets. For example if one was to start with various mixtures of LSA using the "DEET SYNTH" then You will likely have many differant LSA's remaining unreacted in the end product; where as if straight ET was used then there may just be trace ammounts of ET left in the end product... depending on which "extra" precursers are left in the end product, and how much, it can cause differant trips.

But if the chemist is careful, and cleans up the end product well then You should have just plain ol' LSD. Hence the LSD is LSD is LSD statement.

fyi... "needle point" is supposed to be 99.5%+ pure LSD made from ET and cleaned up very well. However, if one was to start with LSA's and do well and clean up end product to be 99.5%+ pure then nobody would tell the differance.

So... to answer the whole mystery of differant types of LSD. No, there are not differant types of LSD, just differant qualities. And the names mean pretty much nothing as they are just terms thrown around like "double stack" and "triple stack" etc. Swip can assure you from years of feild testing that the names are never accurate. There are also many other chemicals that are passed of as LSD all the time.

13. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.

Are terms like doubled dipped etc just silly marketing ploys that have no actual bearing?

Also, are LSA's the precursor to LSD? Is LSA further synthesized in order to create LSD? I'm guessing that ETs are what's added to LSA to create LSD?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  14. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

hofmanns are those blotters which have the bicycle day from albert hoffmann printed on them.

I dont know that much about the dosage, even his selling point cant tell him exactly, but its good everytime. Also, LSD is pretty save from getting cutted, as its that potent there are only micrograms of it on a blotter.

worst case is the blotter is just paper. studies have shown, that there are only blotters with nothing on them (as you cant test it on LSD anyway by yourself) and those which had more than 96% pure LSD, the rest being not known to SWIM anymore (most likely production byproducts?)

15. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yes, terms like "double stack" and "triple stack" and "double dipped" and "lavendar" and "fluff" and "silverpoint" and all those other names are just marketing terms these days. There used to be a day, where You could go to a good family show and actually believe one of these terms... back when people understood what they were selling and such. Of course, that was before all the barefoot lot kids were able to spange their way into the shows and all the homies from the hood decided to come make a buck on the hippies. lol (forget that last part, just some of swip's own personal ranting.) It's all just marketing terms anymore. Even if you trust your dealer, and they are an honest guy, unless they MADE the product or layed it themselves, they are just repeating whatever marketing terms they were told.

LSA's are Lysergic Acid alkaloids. Naturally occuring in many things. ET is ergotomine tartrate which can be extracted from ergot rye mold. Two seperate ways to starts the production of LSD. But swip won't go any further into this topic, as it's been well discussed in the "how to make lsd" threads that are laying around. Swip's not a chemist, just an expert of the LSD market. lol

No, worste case scenario is that you's blotter contains PCP or 5-meo-amt in high doses.

Yes, You CAN test LSD. Swip test's LSD at shows all the time. Ehrlich's reagent test kit is very cheap and will tell You if LSD is in the mix or not.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  16. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

PCP is absolutely uncommon here. it all comes down how much you can trust your dealer.

17. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o

besides whtats 5-meo-amt

1. 2/5,
      thread steal, off topic, should know by now to UTFSE
      Mar 18, 2007
  18. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

flurry- I was lucky enough to get this thread back opened. Please don't steal it away or get it closed again with your one liner off-topic posts.

5-meo-amt is a drug laced on blotters that have caused death and sickness due to being represinted as LSD. It's a differant chemical, please UTFSE.

19. machine_elf

machine_elf Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

There was a myth that DOB was being passed off as LSD, yet I cannot validate this. The effects of DOB would be markedly different from LSD (as it is a phenethylamine). High doses of DOB can cause vascular spasms, however, the dose available on blotter wouldn't be enough for this. IMO, bullshit aside, LSD is usually LSD. It is generally one of the safer drugs to buy in terms of purity IMHO.

20. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

machineelf ... thought you were trebor for a second. Swip can assure you that 30 years ago, and even moreso the last 2 years, DOB has been passed on as LSD quite a bit.

Not necisarily on blotters either. Swip, over the last 2 years, have discovered that about half of the 'lsd' he has tested was either 5-meo-amt, DOC, DOI, or DOB.