Different music styles

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by TypicalDream, Mar 17, 2005.

1. TypicalDream

TypicalDream Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I've perused the threads, found a lot of great music but mostly all DnB, trance and the likes. Any one ever drop to other tunes? I'm just curious, went to SlipKnot last night, really positive crowd, great lighting, the first few bands full of uninitelligible words.... [​IMG] But an all around very cool time! When hanging at the house I'll listen to a few others, Soul Coughing, They're so laid back, makes for a really chill time. So if anybody else just hangs out and listens to ,well, not necessarily more mainstream music like I just listed, but other genres, I'd love to know!

2. Frostywars

Frostywars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like techno because its something that I can get lost in.

I can sit down, close my eyes. listen to the music, and in my head a go along with the beats. Then I start bobbing my head to the music. and when the song is doen and i oped my eyes my roll usually has gotten so much more intense.

However I do like to listen to regular music sometimes. but not too much.

3. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Whenever I'm on some kind of drug, it's always some kind of
    techno/trance music. Like Frostywars said, I get lost in the music. It
    seems like the music just surrounds me and I can feel it.

Normally though, I listen to almost everything. I don't like mainstream
    rap at all though, all of the new songs that come out seem to be
    terrible. Right now I'm listening to The Used. Some of my favorite
    bands are: Taking Back Sunday, Finch, Atreyu, From Autumn To Ashes, The
    Used, AFI, Coheed & Cambria, Incubus, Matchbook Romance, Social
    Burn, The Postal Service, and Underoath [​IMG]
    Like I said though, I listen to all kinda of music... Haha I was raised
    in the south so of course I still have to listen to some country some
    times. I still like some rap as well. If I'm in a chill kind of mood
    then I might put on some Marley or some good Jazz and just sit back and
    chill.

4. dj_c

dj_c Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I listen to all sorts of music in generalbut when rollin it's normally dnb i prefer, although I do like listening to HappyHardcore, it's soooooooooo uplifting i just can't stop smiling when I'm up with the stars. Some of the latest dance trances are actually great to listen too when pilling too i've found.. I came up listening to

Armin Van Helden - My My My
    Eric Prydz - Call on me
    Uniting Nations - Out of touch

The latest one i've listened to that I think would be good whilst rolling is Sunset Strippers - Falling Stars Gotta try listening to this whilst coming up.. all the songs above have like a build up to them... which is awesome when your'e coming up I find. Edited by: dj_c

5. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    hmm, i am yet to hear any 'metal' (if thats the right word to use) that i like. theres some rock type music i could listen to on e - jefferson airplane, hendrix, pink floyd, but rock music generally doesnt do it for me. i hate mainstream dance with a passion, but underground techno, house or breaks is what i go out to, and is what i tend to listen to at home whether im on anything or not. however i have listened to some chillout music when on an e once and it was incredibly nice, surprised me quite a bit! also bob dylan is amazing, i stuck one of his albums on one night after id got back from a night out, had a massive spliff and totally wrecked my head on him. was great [​IMG]

6. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I like to keep it varied. You can listen to anything on ecstasy and it'll sound great. Dance and techno are great, but I advise you to experiment with listening to some jazz or blues or hip-hop or something not normally associated with E. It's interesting.

7. joetaco

joetaco Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wooo for The Postal Service!! Anyhow, any music you listen to on E is 1000x better. I like The Mars Volta, Stevie Ray Vaughan, At the Drive-In, the Beatles... etc.

8. .-Ares-.

.-Ares-. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">The Police is fun to listen to. (the band not the actual people)</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

9. Pion

Pion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i enjoy music by radiohead, tool, pink floyd, the beatles, incubus, porcupine tree, alice in chains, bjork and sigur ros. although i do also enjoy expanding my horizons too listen too other types of music like classical, rap and even the blues.

all in all, anything with emotion, and some interesting point is worth at least one listen

10. skilld

skilld Newbie

Reputation Points:
    linkin park!!!!! but mostlyhardcore with a really good base!

11. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    apart from trance/house/DnB like some rock , goood stuff. eg. oasis , blur, the libsand stuff pion and billyloner said.

i like hip-hop , but i dont really like gangster stuff while buzzing too much violence

1 class song for chilling after club = radiohead - idioteque.

12. Rogue

Rogue Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Current favourites whilst on pills.
    <UL>
    <LI>Heavens Above- DJ Hixxy</LI>
    <LI>Be Happy- DJ Ham</LI>
    <LI>Only Your Love- Insight</LI>
    <LI>Discoland (Sy & Unknown mix)- Flip n Fill</LI>[/list]

good hardcore works best for me.