1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Different promethazine with codeine flavors?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by Mr.Opi, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Mr.Opi

Mr.Opi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    hey all swim recently came up on sum prometazine with codeine aka lean and is used to the purple syrup but this is super differnt first of all the brand is differnt called qualitest never relly seen before and the syrup is red/orange lookin and taste a lil diff swim dosent think it could have been cut but its possible has any swims had experience with this?

2. Vita

Vita Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got the same one prescribed awhile ago for the flu. Its red, and AFAIK its the same as the purple one just a different flavor and color.

3. SmaLLtown

SmaLLtown Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Edited.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. whodatmayne

whodatmayne Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    I got some qualitest/actavis questions for ya. I used to live in tx where drank has been completely dried up for a couple years now (or so it seems). swim lived in cali and went to a state college out there. at swims health center at the school they gave a 4 of lean for a runny nose pretty much. when swim first got here 5 years ago it was alpharma which as u know is now actavis (not to mention the only shit swim enjoys). about a month ago I got a runny nose and went and got some drank. this time however it was qualitest. which like u said blows. I could not even drink it in soda so it was taken as prescribed. swims point of the story is that if they really are making qualitest to make people stop sippin then they did a great job. i can not fux with it at all. and it did make swim feel a lil funny when compared to actavis. so is actavis no longer manufacturing prometh?? if so could u please link whatever articles u have found on this issue. from what swim knows there is a back order for actavis from all over (prob from the gaining population of lil wayne), so qualitest got to jump in the game and sell to many pharmacys that woulda bought actavis. and the pharmacys are still waiting for more actavis. is this a ghetto dream or what? Also could u please post links or more info about how qualitest was made with the intentions of making people stop sippin. cuz the first time swim tasted it I thought the same thing. all in all I think it is a good idea that they try to put an end to syrup sippin as many have been lost to it.

5. PlaneCrash

PlaneCrash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o
    I was recently prescribed cherratussin (10 mg codeine per 5 mil, and unknown gaulfetessin) and absolutely <3's it! no anti-hystamine/anti-cholinergic brain fog for an amazing, unexpected high.

6. SmaLLtown

SmaLLtown Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    edited.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. BluntBuddah

BluntBuddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    All current types:
    Red: Actavis , Qualitest , Morton Grove
    Purple: Actavis/Alpharma, Morton Grove (MGP) , Hi-Tech, Qualitest
    Green: Sun Caraco (Prometh w/ Codeine)(Liquidish), Hi-Tech (Prometh), and MGP (Prometh)

8. SmaLLtown

SmaLLtown Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Might have been a simple mistake homie, but gotta correct you.
    MGP(Morton Grove) prometh/codeine is purple, Hi-Tech's version is red.
    Also, I was unaware Actavis started making a promethazine vc codeine syrup(red) again because they had discontinued it during the recall.

9. GeographyGeography

GeographyGeography Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Ohio, U.S.A.
    Some qualitest promethazine VC -codeine syrups have phenylephrine in them, even though they are not listed as an ingredient. (Very irresponsible of the drug companies)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  10. SmaLLtown

SmaLLtown Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yes. VC has always contained phenylephrine. The VC, standing for vaso-constrictor, is the PE.