different techniques with tramadol

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by ryanstein, Jul 24, 2006.

1. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I has jus started takin tremadol ultram 2 weeks ago (used 10 times). my friend swim, was wondering all the techniques, and the opinions, of using tremadol. he only gets a mild mayb moderate high off of tremadol which doesnt make sense after reading other ppls experiences of tremadol. I usually eats 150 mg of tremadol everytime but after 30 min he starts to lose the high and if he does anything productive he loses the high completely. so plz give me ur opinions on how u take it and dosage or y im not gettin a strong high...

thanks 4 ur help,
    ryan

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Tramadol seems to be quite subjective regarding how it affects one. Some people experience much euphoria and compare it favorably with opiates like hydrocodone. Others say it gives a nice, mild opiate-like experience. Still others experience dysphoria and other negative reactions and swear they will never touch it again. Still others feel nothing whatsoever.

Though this variation in effects may have to do with it's SSRI actions - the jury is really still out regards explaining why this molecule is all over the map. I would be advised to note what it did to SWIM in his journal/mind, and walk on down the road. Boiling it with the bones of an albino platypus on a full Moon while chanting Druid prayers, and then plugging it, is unlikely to strengthen it's more-desired effects.

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Lol Nagognog says it pretty well, Tramadol suits certain people and not others, SWIF found a very similar thing with cannabis, no matter what he does he cant enjoy it like the masses.

HOwever,
    If you are totally bent on using tramadol here are a couple of ideas.
    Increase your oral dosage to a maximum of 250mg, if you arnt experiencing anything above that then you arnt going to experience anything at all. 250mg for SWIF was definatly within the ceiling effect (Negative side effects get worse without any posative effects).

If this still doesnt work and You really does want to try 'Everything', Tramadol will be more effective if administered rectally, drop the dosage down to a maximum of 150mg and administer it rectally, if this doesnt work tramadol really isnt going to work for You at all.

Tramadol can be injected but then You will need the right preparation which is NOT the tablets.

HOpe this helped, feel free to ask anything further.

4. ryanstein

ryanstein Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the good news is that swims not crazy about tremadol but he heard so much good news, and had free access, that swim wanted to try it. if I has to take 250mg to get a good high, its not worth it to him but thought it was worth the try. thanks for the help and swim figured the only better way to get a good buzz was to take it rectally.

thanks 4 the help to swim,
    ryan

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Check for my final report for my friend swim's experience mixing Tramadol and Alcohol (don't judge this post until you have read the report!)

6. stalem8te

stalem8te Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM for some reason gets a better & longer feeling from trams when mixed w/ Valium &/or codeine, it gives a better buzz, better relaxing feeling if ya get my drift, i recommend you give it a try. swim find trams get boring by itself. hope it helps dude. :smoking:

when taking that combo I usually snort 150mg of a 200mg tram instead of orally. :snort:

7. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I use tramadol occasionally, usually in dosages between 100 and 200mg. The effects that I experience are usually mild euphoria, pain relief, and the physical effects of a very low dose of DXM (Nagognog once reffered to this as "sponge-foot" and this describes it pretty well).

I didn't try rectal administration of Tramadol - yet. From what I hear it isn't very different from oral, only that is comes on faster and is more intense at lower doses.

It is also very good combined with other opiates (dihydrocodeine is my choice), and first-plateau doses of DXM.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: SWIM sometimes gets a little speedy effects while on tramadol. Feeling an intense need to run, just instead of walking. Running on maximum speed. That draws some attention sometimes :D But I think this is a very rare effect to be achieved with tramadol.
    And, once, in combination with caffeine and an NSAID, tactile hallucinations were involved (search for "tactile hallucinations"). Tramadol is, indeed, a very strange drug.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
    1. 4/5,
      good experience report and personal experience
      Oct 22, 2010
  8. PartyBoy

PartyBoy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Exactly swims opinion.
    Swim have also heard that tranadol could interact with SSRI swim have been taking citalopram or cipramil for along timer an simultaniously used tramadol and never experienced any problems att all so this can also vary a lot.
    The best way I think that you can take tramadol is get powder into toilet paper and swallow (works fine with SR tabs).

9. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SSRIs and tramadol will interact, since tramadol itself acts on serotonin receptors. Perhaps You hasnt had a problem yet but be very cautious about any heavy or long-term use. Tramadol has been known to cause seizures on its own, so You doesn't want to end up with a seizure or serotonin syndrome.

But, people vary widely in their responses to tramadol. Some people hate it, others find it a near-perfect recreational drug. Similarly what's safe for one person may be dangerous for others, I would advise people on SSRIs to stick to other opiates if they're going to use them, just to err on the side of caution.

10. Wflash

Wflash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Information I have read on more than one other website relating to tramadol states that there is "anecdotal evidence that it precipitates withdrawl symptoms" in users of methadone.

Has anyone had any direct or indirect experience of this? I am one of those unlucky ones who gets very little noticeable effect from tramadol (though it has proved surprisingly useful in battling opiate withdrawl symptoms), but it certainly didn't seem to "precipitate withdrawl symptoms" when tried on SWIM's usual daily dosage of methadone.

11. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I have only heard of tramadol preventing or stopping withdrawal symptoms, not precipitating them. thats interesting yet a bit odd. from SWIM's knowledge of tramadol's pharmacology, it is not an opiate antagonist at all, nor does it seem to compete with other opioids for the opiate receptors, so it could not precipitate withdrawal at all. anyone else know about this?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  12. Wflash

Wflash Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Been surfing about trying to see if I could find out anything else, but although you can find the claim in a number of documents, the only thing SWIM's found that gives any suggestion as to why that might be is a table on page 23 of this document, which says that tramadol is "not considered opioid antagonist, but does decrease level of opiates".

Weird. It's maybe just one of the many drug effects there are that only happen in some people and for reasons that are not fully understood.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  13. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    oops. my bad, that was a misprint! i have to edit it. i meant "antagonist" there. antagonists would precipitate withdrawal, not agonists.

14. Sassy88

Sassy88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    [QUOTE=

EDIT: Forgot to mention: SWIM sometimes gets a little speedy effects while on tramadol. Feeling an intense need to run, just instead of walking. Running on maximum speed. That draws some attention sometimes :D But I think this is a very rare effect to be achieved with tramadol.
    And, once, in combination with caffeine and an NSAID, tactile hallucinations were involved (search for "tactile hallucinations"). Tramadol is, indeed, a very strange drug.[/QUOTE]

My pet ferret has the same reaction with tramadol. It's a slight buzz that makes her want to move around, clean the house, cook, and gives her all sorts of energy.

And one of her best highs came when she drank a tall Starbucks coffee with extra shots, then took 150 mg of tramadol. She was in heaven. And it was a really good buzz, total euphoria. It;s funny how such a common drug as caffeine can make a difference ( at least for her ) !

1. 4/5,
      For numerous good posts demonstrating good use of the rules and creatively avoiding self-incrimination while contributing. Keep it up.
      Jan 23, 2011
  15. djharg

djharg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from U.K.
    swin wondererd what breaks down tramadol for iv

djharg added 1413 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  16. Gdriussi

Gdriussi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Tramadol can be injected but then I will need the right preparation which is NOT the tablets.

I used just capsule powder and it still was solidish what is swim doing wrong? please .[/QUOTE]

IMHO, what your friend is doing wrong is trying to inject pills. this is not safe. when the poster to inject this medication a person would need "the right preparation which is NOT the tablets" im quite sure this poster meant that the only right preparation would be one produced to be administered thru injection, which would be liquid, not solid.

meanwhile if you MUST continue to pursue this endeavor, of injecting tablets, read Capt H's FAQ detailing how to use .2 micron filters, as thats the only way to create a relatively "safe" preparation for injection from pills. but i would still advise against it.....

plugging may be an alt ROA that could increase the effects your friend is seeking, but ive read varing reports of the effectiveness of this ROA for this particular med...

be safe!
    g