1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Different type of mushroom trip??

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by John1235, Dec 29, 2017.

1. John1235

John1235 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from UK
    I've done mushrooms 4 times. The first 3 times all we could do was laugh a lot, like uncontrollably.

A few months later I did the 4th trip and it was completely different, no laughing just.. almost childish fun and giddy ahha

I preferred the first time but it was almost like a different drug.. any one with any idea why it was so different?

Thanks!

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Set and setting. Without extensive information on where, who, what, went on, not to mention your mental and emotional history, there really isn't an answer other than that's just how drugs are, subjective.

3. John1235

John1235 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from UK
    Any chance there are different types of strain that might cause such a difference?

4. Josh Carlton

Josh Carlton Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from Michigan
    Not strains, but species. Different species of mushrooms contain different ratios of psilocybin, psilocin, baeocystin, and norbaeocystin which can theoretically lead to slight differences in subjective experience.

That being said, if these differences in subjective experience even exist, they are at most very subtle, and I highly doubt that they are the cause of the difference that you noted.

I'd have to agree that it is far more likely that differences in dosage, the people you took them with, your mood, where you were and what you were doing, and so on led to the difference you describe.

In addition to this, I find that when groups of people trip together, they tend to feed off of each others energies. In this way, one person being very giggly can lead the entire group to fits of laughter. Meanwhile, one person having a rough time can often drag down others with them.

Finally, I also find that as the novelty of a new psychedelic wears off after several trips, the urge to laugh uncontrollably dampens a little bit, as the experience is no longer so new and exciting. In my own experimentation, this allowed me to navigate my trips in a lot more of a clear-headed manner, as I was no longer so overwhelmed by the sheer novelty of the experience.