difuran analogues

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by fatal, Apr 28, 2006.

1. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so i was doing some thinking on the new analogues of AMT/AET that had been diagramed in another forum and crossposted by me to our forum in the new rcs for 2006. i went and looked it up in tihkal and it seems that the same 4,5 disubstitution pattern with a methylenedioxy group on the DiPT molecule actually dropped potency from its relatives 4-ho/aco-dipt listed at 15-20 mg and 5-meo-dipt listed at 6-12 mg to >25 mg with the 4,5-methylenedioxy-dipt. this leads me to speculate that perhaps the furan and difuran 4,5 substitution patterns may not actually lead to a vast increase in potency as seen with the phenthylamines with the same structures but isntead perhaps be counterproductive as far as potency goes. the 5,6 substitution is clearly not an option because it has been shown that for psychedelic effects this seems to be the killer structurally for tryptamines. anyone have anything constructive to add here?
    [​IMG]

2. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    by the way this will be one of those times that if i am wrong it will be very cool.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bear in mind that a furan is not the same thing as a methylenedioxy. Furan consisting of 1 oxygen as compared to 2 oxygens in the methylene DIoxy structure.

4. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    considered. just working with what i have which is little information and lots of conjecture.