Dihydrocodeine - Info and CWE

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by gibsualdo, Nov 3, 2006.

1. gibsualdo

gibsualdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Dihydrocodeine Freebase?

Howdy, I am half way through a dihydrocodeine CWE with some Co-Dydramol (10/500) pills he came across, that he'd had forgotten all about from a while back. What I need to know is, can he use sodium carbonate (ph up) to get some freebase out of this, the same way that you can with codeine?

This is SWIM's first CWE and he's really just doing it out of interest because he has no other use for these pills. I have got enough other unadulterated opiates to indulge in, rather than have to drink the disgustingly bitter result of the CWE. What I would like though, is to experiment with some dihydrocodeine freebase if possible so as not to waste any DHC (SWIM really isn't up for drinking that stuff!).

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Dihydrocodeine Freebase?

welcome to the forum, and great first post! =]

I think that DHC and codeine are so similar in many respects that he doesnt see why the sodium carbonate wouldnt work. but there may be some abstruse reason as to why it wouldnt work . someone else could probably help You with this, just give it time.

if You attempts it, could you tell him to please write up a report on how much used, exact procedure, and efficacy? that would make for a great read, I think.

3. gibsualdo

gibsualdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I have completed the CWE and added some bicarbonate of soda as ph up. I have no testing strips, so he just guessed how much to use. Hopefully it was enough. The mixture is now sitting in SWIM's wardrobe slowly evaporating.

I haven't got time right now, but tomorrow or later this evening maybe he will put it in the oven at a low temp to hurry things on. If this turns ok, I'll get a full write up done on SWIM's behalf :)

4. gibsualdo

gibsualdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Fuck, for some reason I was under the impression bicarbonate of soda and sodium carbonate were the same thing. That'll teach SWIM for not checking first.

From what SWIM now understands, he should've used baking soda (sodium carbonate). I was using sodium bicarbonate the other week to mix with yopo seeds, around the same time as researching codeine freebasing and must've confused the two. They were right next to each other on the supermarket shelf.

I don't think he'll bother trying to get DHC base out of this now, he has no idea how to obtain ether or toluene. I will probably just evaporate the rest of the water and bomb the DHC/bicarbonate mixture.

Thanks for the helpful information, SWIM may try freebasing regular DHC or codeine in the near future :)

5. gibsualdo

gibsualdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

The answer's probably "no" anyway, but I was wondering if naphtha could be used instead of ether or tuolene?

6. gibsualdo

gibsualdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Tescos sells it's own brands of "bicarbonate of soda" and "baking soda" in different, although similar, packaging. They're right next to each other on the shelf (at least at the one close to me). Not sure what that's about then. I will get down there tonight or tomorrow and check out the ingredients of each. If it turns out the baking soda they do isn't sodium carbonate, I will look up the conversion method from bicarb, which you speak of. Cheers :)

Also thanks for the tip on the ether and toluene, that should be no problem as I have a friend who works in Halfords. One other thing I am wondering about; would it be possible to use methylated spirits? The stuff I have is dyed purple and has no "ingredients" as such on the label. I have read though, that meths in the UK usually consists of 90-95% ether, and the rest is made up of methanol, dyes, and some other stuff. I don't suppose this would be useful?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  7. chopmow

chopmow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from thailand
    Swim Just managed to get hold of some Dihydrocodeine.

The tablets are 120mg. I have 8.

I saw that the reccommend 1st dose is 60mg, so should I break the tablet in half or will one tablet be ok for swim to ingest.

Swim looked through the search function and found little on Dihydrocodeine, perhaps You could give a little info on the recreational usage of this.

Is it similar to Codeine or is it better?

Also what is the LD50.

8. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Dihydrocodeine any good?

Dihydrocodeine is similar in chemical structure, pharmacological activity, and potency as codeine. Dihydrocodeine is as strong (if not stronger) as codeine.
    As for an LD50 dose: Different authorities list the maximum daily dose for dihydrocodeine as being anywhere from 240 mg to 720 mg.

If You has no tolerance to opiates, 120 mg of DHC should create a somewhat of descent buzz. Also, a glass of grapefruit juice 30 minutes before DHC administration will increase the buzz alot more (approx. 1.5x better in stength)

9. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Dihydrocodeine any good?

If your SWIM's tabs are 120mg DHC each, they could be long-release(I'm saying this because my I have some 120mg long-release DHC tabs lying around). Tell SWIM to check. If they are long-release, they need to be crushed.
    Plugging will lower the needed dose. (Use the search engine and more tehniques of potentiation will be found).

10. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Threads are merged, the OP may be able to get some info out of the CWE thread posted too. Check and make sure the pills do not have any APAP (acetaminophen/paracemotol) because this can be really bad for your SWIM's liver. It can be removed by a cold water extraction.

I found the buzz from DHC to be very similar to that of codeine, in fact, almost indistinguishable. It was a very dopey body high, I felt a bit clumsy on it, and staggered around a bit, betraying the fact that he was definitely On Something to any casual onlooker. There was a definite boost in mood, not so much a grand euphoria as a very positive and social feeling. Creativity and the ability to put together normally quite disparate thoughts into coherent sentences were also increased. The body high felt like a warm glow about SWIM's body, his body just felt GOOD in general. Definitely not like the synthetic buzz of opiates that SWIM usually uses.