Drug info - dimethylamylamine (DMAA) ,Geranamine Drug Info

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Rush, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Re: 1,3-dimethylamylamine

BTW its not a PEA
    cant find around images for the chemical structure but is so simple that i can imagine it on my own:

1,3-dimethylamylamine is relatively a simple molecule if compared to PEAs

has the skeletonof amylamine that if im right is also Pentan-1-amine(5 chain carbon + NH2 at the end)

to this are added two methyl groups in 1 and 3 positions.(correct me if i'm wrong)

so its completely different from PEAs

BTW very interesting what you say about euphoria. i think I am gonna get a try to this one(is also very cheap this one)

2. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

a lot of people compare amp to amphetamine, however amp also contains methylhexaneamide, which is more chemically alike to methamphetamine or racemic amphetamine than is geranamine.

3. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

This stuff primarily boosts norepi, and consequently has all the pressor effects without the increase in heartrate. The two do NOT necessarily go together. Norepi is not the most desireable recreational catecholamine, though for bodybuilders interested in thermogenic weight loss drugs, it is desireable.
    It would be nice to have two comparative structures for 1,3-dimethylamylamine and methylhexaneamine for comparative purposes. I need to sit down and do this because both are referred to as geranamine. I will post later if someone else does not first (not always the quickest with new IUPAC names...). I think that they are the same thing...
    They are the same. As far as I can tell from a brief check, an amyl group is a 5 carbon group. An amyl with a methyl group at position 1 is the same as hexane. Both carry amines (position unspecified, but primary) and a methyl group at position 3 (unspecified with the latter). Anyone know the position of the amine (SWIM guesses that it is the end of the chain, or 6) ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

Can you provide a source for the above info? If it's true and I'd known, I wouldn't have wasted even 25 cents on a gram of the stuff, let alone $10.00 or whatever it cost, because it would be interchangeable with epinephrine tablets and other worthless crap like that.

But I've never felt euphoria from ANY specific norepinephrine booster/reuptake inhibitor, so I tend to doubt what you say is accurate. Norepinephrine does not feel euphoric, it feels jittery, agitated, anxious, edgy, etc.

5. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Do a websearch. There is a long thread about it on a bodybuilding forum. I do not remember the ref offhand but SWIM originally looked it up and it is primarily norepi. I can say that many of these catecholamines are sloppy so may still have potential, but I can say subjectively that no dopamine was felt with this product.
    Note that ephedrine has no central norepi- activity while methylhexaneamine does, making them different.

6. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland

this is the structure?:

........CH3........ CH3
    .........|........... |
    NH2--CH--CH2--CH2--CH2--CH3

7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

What is diphenyl prolinol, BTW?
    Is it the same as Diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol ?
    SWIM read somewhere it is a chemical intermediate for the synthesis of something...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

Yep, I think so. I have been experimenting with it lately and finds it addictive/compulsive like coke and MDPV at high doses, but mild and much less compulsive at low to moderate doses. In his opinion it's not really "recreational" unless one is dosing high, but then they better be prepared to have a hell of a time resisting the urge to keep redosing.

BTW, I tried 1,3-dimethylamylamine again today... he just snorted one smallish "line," which probably works out to 20mg or so (just guessing). He thinks it's safe to judge dosage by eye this way, as long as the "line" is kept small (e.g. ~40mm long, 2-3mm wide)... nobody's going to O.D. on that amount. If that doesn't do it, one could then snort very small amounts (1/8 to 1/4 the original) until they're satisfied with the results.

Anyway -- whatever brain chemical it affects, I find this stuff seriously euphoric! It's amazing it took so long to be "rediscovered." I feel it's well worth the term "recreational," and that it would probably sell well on the streets if it had ended up there instead of the bodybuilding community.

ISO it offers quite a lift in both energy and mood, but I have yet to conclude whether there's a serious crash when it wears off... he thinks likely not if a person just doses once and does not keep using it throughout the day.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  9. sam o

sam o Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

So, what's the verdict on this one?:confused: Is it a good stim. , if it didn't have that nasty comedown?:cool:

10. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Surely this should actually be called 2-amino-3-methylhexylamine (longest carbon chain denotes root name in IUPAC nomenclature)

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

F&B: It was first synthesized and researched in the mid-1940's. Hence it's got a whole bunch of screwy designations! LOL.

12. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

bah, i wish i could edit my post.

i also found this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/07/AR2006050700913.html

I am wondering, did they remove Methylhexaneamine from amp's production?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  13. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden

Stuck: The 'formula' is unchanged according to the AMP manufacturer at least. Says the only difference is the geranamine is in smaller print as far as I remember...

I have done some bioassying with 1,3-dimethylamine, nothing conclusive as of yet, but it is not a potent stimulant. Will post more later.

It is probable that the chocamine in AMP accounts for a sizeable portion of the stimulatory effects, with its methylxanthines.

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Also bear in mind that some stimulants act synergestically with one another. Such as the mixture of ephedrine and caffiene seem to compliment each other.

15. Davidbell

Davidbell Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

ppl seems to prefer the AMP blend rather than Geranamine only. for sure 1,3-dimethylamylamine , was not the "Key" ingrediant in it, or it has simply good synergy with the cocamine and caffeine. Too bad, I guess 1,3-dimethylamylamine alone is not a relevant substance. Too much Side?

16. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I find it surprising this chemical is active at all considering its rather basic structure... just a pentyl connected to a nitrogen with two methyls....think primordial ooze....this is a very very simple organic compound

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  17. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from tajikistan
    AW: 1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)

does anybody know about availability (no sources, just in general) in europe, and laws, except for it being illegal in UK, any infos?

18. kalininin

kalininin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Re: AW: 1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)

in holland its available. I bought a dose in a smart shop.it was in 2 very small plastic bottles, a liquid that tasted awfully sweet.

19. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Can anyone add information about dimethylamylamine (DMAA)
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • legal status
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • stability of the molecule / compound

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Names: dimethylamylamine (DMAA) ,Geranamine (™ name), Methylhexaneamine, Floradrene ( Expired Eli Lilly patent as Forthan or Forthane,)

IUPAC Name: 4-methylhexan-2-amine
    CAS Number: 105-41-9
    Formula: C7H17N
    Molar Mass: 115.22 g/mol
    Synonyms:
    4-methyl-2-hexanamine;
    4-methyl-2-hexylamine;
    2-amino-4-methylhexane;
    1,3-dimethylamylamine;
    1,3-dimethylpentylamine

Experiences with should be discussed here:
    DMAA aka dimethylamylamine aka Geranamine trip reports

The original thread, which covers info, experiences, etc is HERE. The posts will be split to the appropriate "Drug Info" and "Experiences" threads in the coming week

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  20. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

No it's not, that thread is an invalid link. It should link to this thread instead.

Just a suggestion. :D